First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
Chose FP tune because FP kept it in safe parameters I felt like but accessed much needed power. Not too crazy and wild but more conservative. And I cared about retaining the warranty at the time.
Sounds good. Thanks for that
Sponsored

OP
OP
Aaron77

Aaron77

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger FX4
So I've been monitoring things with the torque pro app and noticed the fuel trim bank 1 long term is usually hovering around +7 to +10% ranges while idling, and when driving casually may drop to around 0 to 4% or higher. Am I correct that this shouldn't often go above +/-3%? I always use 91 octane for what it's worth.

I also have the knock count displayed and occasionally will get some knocks when gassing it. I can hear the knocks, but doesn't sound like "pings", I can just tell the revs sound a little different. No loss in performance and no error codes.

I'm assuming this should be normal considering there's more air coming in causing it to run a little lean, right? Should this be something I should be worried about? Also, I do plan to get the Ford Performance tune, would this help bring the range closer to 0, or should the PCM correct after a while? I did do a PCM reset by unplugging the battery for an hour, didn't really see any difference after though. Well, except my auto window roll down stopped working lol (it's working now)

The truck runs good, I just wanted to make sure these numbers shouldn't be something I should be worried about. I'm probably overthinking this. :crazy:

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
So I've been monitoring things with the torque pro app and noticed the fuel trim bank 1 long term is usually hovering around +7 to +10% ranges while idling, and when driving casually may drop to around 0 to 4% or higher. Am I correct that this shouldn't often go above +/-3%? I always use 91 octane for what it's worth.

I also have the knock count displayed and occasionally will get some knocks when gassing it. I can hear the knocks, but doesn't sound like "pings", I can just tell the revs sound a little different. No loss in performance and no error codes.

I'm assuming this should be normal considering there's more air coming in causing it to run a little lean, right? Should this be something I should be worried about? Also, I do plan to get the Ford Performance tune, would this help bring the range closer to 0, or should the PCM correct after a while? I did do a PCM reset by unplugging the battery for an hour, didn't really see any difference after though. Well, except my auto window roll down stopped working lol (it's working now)

The truck runs good, I just wanted to make sure these numbers shouldn't be something I should be worried about. I'm probably overthinking this. :crazy:
Probably over thinking. It shouldn’t be running lean. Lambdas check out on 91 octane and e30 fuel mix. Have ton of air flow mods on mine too.

Scott D

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL/STX
I have my doubts these devices provide any real world benefit over the stock intakes - perhaps with a tune....
It'll do a little better, even without the tune.

I want to put one on mine to compliment my Ford Performance/Borla exhaust. I prefer to not add a tune.

From the Steeda website:

Screenshot_20211120-204340~2.png

OP
OP
Aaron77

Aaron77

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger FX4
Stage 3 had a sale over the summer on top of a coupon for the intake. I wasn't planning on getting this until after getting the Ford tune and exhaust, but it was a good deal.

I'm also looking to get the Borla exhaust, I just wish I could find a Ranger out in the wild with one so I could hear it myself to make sure I'm okay with the sound.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Chose FP tune because FP kept it in safe parameters I felt like but accessed much needed power. Not too crazy and wild but more conservative. And I cared about retaining the warranty at the time.
Well, all that and it comes with more stickers. ?

Lot of $$$ for not much more than name dropping rights.
"I have a (insert manufacturers name here) CIA."
I did the Roush/aFe combo hoping my Service Tech would open the hood and think he was working on something fancy and give my truck extra special attention. ?

Scott D

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL/STX
Stage 3 had a sale over the summer on top of a coupon for the intake. I wasn't planning on getting this until after getting the Ford tune and exhaust, but it was a good deal.

I'm also looking to get the Borla exhaust, I just wish I could find a Ranger out in the wild with one so I could hear it myself to make sure I'm okay with the sound.

I have the Ford Performance/Borla exhaust on mine and it's just my opinion, of course, but I think you'll really like it.

It's very low key during normal driving and it comes alive then the pedal goes down.
Sponsored