Is Sync 3 Version 3.3 the Newest Available?

svache

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew Saber, 2012 BMW 328i
Vehicle Showcase
I really do not know as the latest version was covered in another thread. This is from my retiree email that did not outline if this is 3.3 or 3.4.
If it is the same update I'm seeing, then this is just a feature update to 3.3 (so basically a version with a few enhancements to what we already have), not the actual 3.4. I haven't bothered to download it because, like you, I don't feel much for having my truck idling for so long.
Sponsored

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I went to the owners website today. I signed in and went to the Sync update page. First it said “authorization needed” then it changed pages and just kept “spinning”. What gives?!
I have issues with fords owner site all the time.. A few ages just sit and spin...
Part of the time I can not log in..
It really seems to hate Chrome.
It is extremely poorly built. My guess is it was outsourced to the lowest bidder.

CoastieN70

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariet
Occupation
Retired
Hi Dennis,

I had the same thing happen. Something is wrong! I went through the My Ford Benefits site and go into the correct area and have now got my thumb drive programed to do the download, but Idling my vehicle for several hours is just flat stupid. Will have to figure out some other way to do this update...

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Plug it in and go for a ride, that's what I did... :)

Murphie

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X2, 2023 Hyundai Santa Fe
Occupation
Financial Auditor - Retired
I have issues with fords owner site all the time.. A few ages just sit and spin...
Part of the time I can not log in..
It really seems to hate Chrome.
It hates FireFox as well! o_O I've been trying to logon for the last several days, and it's just as others have described. Thought I'd get into a chat session this morning with them, and after I finally got one started, it just disappeared. Tried again, and can't even connect to chat. Phil's comments are right on.

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
It is extremely poorly built. My guess is it was outsourced to the lowest bidder.

Probably but Ford needs to get on that. Some people want and expect that now a days and even the Taco has this now. I have no experience with the Toyota version. I bought my trim level just for sync 3.

The My Chevy app and online worked very well on my Colorado and was very easy to use. I got email letting me know the health of my truck. It sent me a email on low tire pressure once. I had hit something in the road and it had damaged my tire. I get in the truck and it would say there is a update do you want to update now. Voice commands work flawlessly. It was nothing fancy but it worked very good. My Colorado was 3 years old, Ford has some catching up to do in this department.

In this day and age of technology you need to have a good functional system. Does everyone want it, no but allot do.
My rewards point are unavailable on the site right now. I got a message saying they were added but when I try to get to them it tells me they are unavailable and there is a problem. It tells me to get help from a Ford guide. Well guess what I never get a Ford guide. Right now I want to get the Ranger running boards but I cant get to the points. My dealer said I can use the points for the boards but they have no control over them and it is up to Ford to fix it.

Ford seems to have all the right stuff place in the app and online it just needs to actually work. What is funny is my dealer has no clue on how any of it works either.

Last edited:

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Probably but Ford needs to get on that. Some people want and expect that now a days and even the Taco has this now. I have no experience with the Toyota version. I bought my trim level just for sync 3.

The My Chevy app and online worked very well on my Colorado and was very easy to use. I got email letting me know the health of my truck. It sent me a email on low tire pressure once. I had hit something in the road and it had damaged my tire. I get in the truck and it would say there is a update do you want to update now. Voice commands work flawlessly. It was nothing fancy but it worked very good. My Colorado was 3 years old, Ford has some catching up to do in this department.

In this day and age of technology you need to have a good functional system. Does everyone want it, no but allot do.
My rewards point are unavailable on the site right now. I got a message saying they were added but when I try to get to them it tells me they are unavailable and there is a problem. It tells me to get help from a Ford guide. Well guess what I never get a Ford guide. Right now I want to get the Ranger running boards but I cant get to the points. My dealer said I can use the points for the boards but they have no control over them and it is up to Ford to fix it.

Ford seems to have all the right stuff place in the app and online it just needs to actually work. What is funny is my dealer has no clue on how any of it works either.
I can't disagree one bit. As with so many things these days, it is all about the look to too many people. I work on enterprise grade websites for a living and too many people are too enamored by what it looks like. I say all the time "it doesn't matter what it looks like if it doesn't work". Personally, I'd rather have an ugly, functional website that works consistently and reliably than a pretty website that doesn't work half the time. My experience is the Ford websites (for the owner stuff anyway) is of the latter. It is pretty, but it seems like it doesn't work for me as often as it does work. I really wish Ford would work on the reliability of the sites and make them just work.

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
I can't disagree one bit. As with so many things these days, it is all about the look to too many people. I work on enterprise grade websites for a living and too many people are too enamored by what it looks like. I say all the time "it doesn't matter what it looks like if it doesn't work". Personally, I'd rather have an ugly, functional website that works consistently and reliably than a pretty website that doesn't work half the time. My experience is the Ford websites (for the owner stuff anyway) is of the latter. It is pretty, but it seems like it doesn't work for me as often as it does work. I really wish Ford would work on the reliability of the sites and make them just work.
Yea it is also tough now a days, I get it to.. what version of android? what version of IOS? what browser? what phone manufacturer? What model number phone? What virus program? what version of windows? what did someone do to their pc or phone? The list goes on and on. It is not easy. I do IT for a small company so I get some of the challenges too..

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Yea it is also tough now a days, I get it to.. what version of android? what version of IOS? what browser? what phone manufacturer? What model number phone? What virus program? what version of windows? what did someone do to their pc or phone? The list goes on and on. It is not easy. I do IT for a small company so I get some of the challenges too..
Well, Ford has said they consider the telemetry from their connected vehicles to be an important asset for the company. If they can't deliver an interface that makes people want to opt into that ecosystem, that must make investors wonder if they're just walking away from a major opportunity. Either through incompetence or to save a couple of bucks in the short term, neither of which is reassuring.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Ford sent me an email that there was a new sync version available. Web site is completely broken, can't remember that I have a car between screens. I don't know if this is the same sync update I already installed, or another one. I guess I'll look again in a week and see if they managed to get the website working again.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ford sent me an email that there was a new sync version available. Web site is completely broken, can't remember that I have a car between screens. I don't know if this is the same sync update I already installed, or another one. I guess I'll look again in a week and see if they managed to get the website working again.
I got the same email and I believe it is build 19052 which I installed a couple months ago, but could never get the website to acknowledge that I installed it.

If anyone finds it is something different I'd love to know. I'm anxiously awaiting the 3.4 upgrade.

BGDOGY

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4 crew cab
My Ranger is in the shop and they gave me an Explorer as a loaner and it has 3.4 installed on it. It looks a lot different than the 3.3 in my Ranger, so not sure if they make specific versions for specific vehicles. One thing I noticed was that there wasn't a climate section on the screen, but when I used the controls on the dash to change the temp. the temperature showed on the screen going up and down.

Atxjmy512

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
I can’t wait for 3.4 - which also means I’m terrified 3.4 will never come to Ranger. Would really like Sirius XM artist / track info to show up again in the right gauge display.

SafetyDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 V2 - Ranger Lariat, FX4, 501A, Trailer Tow (Lightning Blue), V1- Lariat, FX4, 500A, Trailer Tow (Ingot Silver) <Epic Fail - Lemon>
Vehicle Showcase

I am having th same problem seeing the points, however when I visited the parts guy, he can see them and applied them to my tailgate damper order... As you parts guy to pull up you account.

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
I am having th same problem seeing the points, however when I visited the parts guy, he can see them and applied them to my tailgate damper order... As you parts guy to pull up you account.
Mine show up now.. I do not know if they just did or they finally fixed it..
It always said they were there it just said unavailable something is wrong see a Ford Guide.

James Caper

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 f150, 2019 Ranger
3.3 is but you can upgrade to 3.4 but it is not officially released and is far better, but there is no going back.
Sponsored