Walkeraviator

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Crew
Vehicle Showcase
Chemical Guys HydroSlick Wax... Tonstart with, it is much easier to use than the reviews would lead you to believe. I would entire to say that those who had issues with removal were layering it on too thick. I at times left the wax on as long as 15 minutes before removal and it came off within no issue. Just remember the detailing 101 rules about continuously using clean sections of microfiber for removal.

The downside to Oxford White, is that it doesn’t show off your labor as well as darker/metallic colors. The gloss is phenomenal from this product and the magnetic painted parts of the sport package showed a visual improvement in shine.

Time will tell if it holds up as advertised (should give a ceramic hard protective finish for about 1 year.). Bottle is expensive, but I can get three detail jobs out of one bottle.

On a side note, it was amazing that my brand new truck needed clay bar already before the wax.

239B70D2-D2E6-4B2A-99C5-49C4630D4BE8.jpeg

FB94366A-C250-4648-B73F-134F78191AEF.jpeg

F81C119B-21E5-4679-9282-D586E0952250.jpeg

image.jpg

Walkeraviator

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Crew
Vehicle Showcase
Chemical Guys HydroSlick Wax... Tonstart with, it is much easier to use than the reviews would lead you to believe. I would entire to say that those who had issues with removal were layering it on too thick. I at times left the wax on as long as 15 minutes before removal and it came off within no issue. Just remember the detailing 101 rules about continuously using clean sections of microfiber for removal.

The downside to Oxford White, is that it doesn’t show off your labor as well as darker/metallic colors. The gloss is phenomenal from this product and the magnetic painted parts of the sport package showed a visual improvement in shine.

Time will tell if it holds up as advertised (should give a ceramic hard protective finish for about 1 year.). Bottle is expensive, but I can get three detail jobs out of one bottle.

On a side note, it was amazing that my brand new truck needed clay bar already before the wax.

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang

239B70D2-D2E6-4B2A-99C5-49C4630D4BE8.jpeg

FB94366A-C250-4648-B73F-134F78191AEF.jpeg

F81C119B-21E5-4679-9282-D586E0952250.jpeg

image.jpg
That looks great, I love a nice clean white vehicle. I was surprised as well how much my new truck needed the clay bar. What’s the price tag on that wax?

Walkeraviator

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Crew
Vehicle Showcase
That looks great, I love a nice clean white vehicle. I was surprised as well how much my new truck needed the clay bar. What’s the price tag on that wax?
That bottle is $40. I ordered it along with about $200 worth of other products with a 20% off code so it didn’t sting quite as much.

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
That bottle is $40. I ordered it along with about $200 worth of other products with a 20% off code so it didn’t sting quite as much.
Thanks. Keep us posted on how it holds up after it’s been on there a while!

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I've been using Optimum Products for several years and have had very good luck with them especially here where the sun is brutal! I just finished a complete detail and want to strip off the dealer applied paint sealant so a wash, clay (mitt),Optimum Paint Prep, Opti-seal and finally Optimum Spray Wax. I thought of using their Optimum Gloss Coat but I've been very happy with their Spray Wax. Plus I actually love detailing my vehicles and don't mind doing this twice a year.

IMG_1532.jpg
IMG_1533.jpg

Ol Bromy

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Anybody applying anything to the plastic cover on the rear bumper? The ABS plastic on my 2001 Ranger eventually turned light grey. I’d like to avoid this happening again

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Anybody applying anything to the plastic cover on the rear bumper? The ABS plastic on my 2001 Ranger eventually turned light grey. I’d like to avoid this happening again
303 Aerospace Protectant is the best for this,it has really good UV protection. It'll even restore the greying on weathered plastic parts too. I've been using this for years on all my exterior black plastic,rubber trim around the windows,tonneau covers and everything interior too. It won't leave that nasty greasy film like Armor All does.

https://www.goldeagle.com/product/303-aerospace-protectant/

https://www.amazon.com/303-30350-Aerospace-Protectant-32oz/dp/B0000BYMNQ

Last edited:

Stevie Gee

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Rancho Santa Margarita (Orange County),CA
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
Retired Fed - H.U.D. (Housing and Urban Development)
Vehicle Showcase
I always use on black plastic or rubber trim, what I use on the tires. Looks good and protects....but it’ll be slippery to step on.

3420152C-24E3-4BC0-B26B-C100C4D8B815.jpeg

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I always use on black plastic or rubber trim, what I use on the tires. Looks good and protects....but it’ll be slippery to step on.

3420152C-24E3-4BC0-B26B-C100C4D8B815.jpeg
Try the 303 Aerospace Protectant sometime. I think you'll like it as it's non greasy and you can use it on just about everything and it has superior UV protection. I've been using Gold Eagle products for many years like fuel injector cleaner,stable and octane boost. They also own 303 & Trinova which are all excellent products.

https://www.goldeagle.com/product/

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
After reading all posts there doesnt seem to be anything that protects against scratches during off road driving, only polishes to fix them afterwards. Anybody care to comment on that? Not trying to be a show truck just slow down the scratching.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
After reading all posts there doesnt seem to be anything that protects against scratches during off road driving, only polishes to fix them afterwards. Anybody care to comment on that? Not trying to be a show truck just slow down the scratching.
Wrap your truck in 3M film...lol Your best bet would be a ceramic coating as it has a harder more durable finish than regular wax. Now this will only protect against light brush ups from smaller branches and scrub brush. I usually carry some clippers and a folding saw just in case I run into any bad areas but a cordless chainsaw would be ideal.

PWorlledge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
I personally use the Zaino care system. I use the Z-2 with the ZFX curing mixed in. I have used Zaino for years on several vehicles and love it. Can't say it's better than some of these other products mentioned in this thread since I haven't used them but I can say the Zaino is the best I've ever used. That includes the years I showed my 1969 Mach I I restored. Your always looking for the best when you show a car. :like:
Sponsored

Last edited: