If you are thinking about trading your ranger in, don't

TJC

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 Miata, 05 Ranger 4x4, 20 Ranger 4x4, 23 CX-5
For every complaint of the bed being too high there is apparently another that condemns the bed being too shallow. What is an auto maker to do ,lol.
It is a love hate thing. I have my old 4g 2005 Ranger and my 5g 2020 Ranger.

I had the need to travel extensively for over 14 months (20+ trips), carting all manner of items 300 miles (600 mile round trip). The 4g simply did not have the space in the bed to handle the job. The 5g had more than enough.

I am 5'8" and had to carry a folding step to get into the depths of the bed to move boxes out, but without that depth I'd have made double the trips.

I like my 2020 Ranger. Carried more and had 30% better fuel mileage than my 2005 Ranger.

I'll be keeping both.

- T

John Lyman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport 4x2 Oxford White
Vehicle Showcase
I have '19 ranger XLT and you know what it rides like a truck and that is fine because it is a truck. I'm a larger guy and find the seats to be pretty comfortable and the ride is okay - that is something I will look at making better but overall I love my truck and don't plan on giving it up until the day it is Found On the Road Dead :)

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
To paraphrase Winston Churchill, "Ford vehicles are the worst in the world except for all the rest."
You forgot the end of that statement… "Ford vehicles are the worst in the world except for all the rest that use Lucas gauges!”

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
its good to hear about the new frontier. it was one of the possible choices before i got my 5g ranger. I havent been unhappy with m choice at all. sure some lil things with the 5g annoy me but it keeps impressing me and having no problems.

OP
OP
velobluefx4az

velobluefx4az

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
I can't imagine owing at least 4 trucks since 2018.. with a fifth on the way. Personal opinion; research lowers buyers remorse, along with a healthy dose realistic expectations. I don't think the personal debt crisis which seems to be plaguing the US and Canada, would be the issue it is, if people followed the aforementioned and added a bit of personal restraint.

Frank
I am a huge car person and cars are my escape from my job and other stressors in life. All the trucks have been paid in cash. The reality is trucks hold their value really well and trading out is only about a 4K hit after a year which I’m fine with. To each their own I suppose

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
If you turn your drawers inside out on Wednesday night, they will last even longer.
If their real dark, like black or dark blue, you can go a LOT longer, at least a week, or until they can stand by themselves...

moorejl57

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4, 501A, fully damped
Occupation
Engineer
While i can't comment on underwear extension techniques, I can say I absolutely love my 2021 Ranger! Zero issues, zero recalls and zero regrets. I just bought a NOCO GB-50 jump pack and case with my FordPass points. I went to my local dealer parts manager and he said he couldn't order it as it wasn't allowed by Ford. Finding that strange, I contacted FairwayFordParts in Ohio and they gave me a good discount, were able to create an invoice and used my points for the order as if I had come there in person. Talk about excellent customer service!

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
If their real dark, like black or dark blue, you can go a LOT longer, at least a week, or until they can stand by themselves...
Those hide the coffee and salsa well but once inside out the back hair really show up.

onemanlan

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger LTX
Occupation
Reseracher
I came from a 2019 Frontier to a 2022 Ranger. Feels night and day different. The refresh of the Frontier looks nice, but the one I owned felt janky and low quality compared to the Ranger. I would certainly not go back that way again. In general I'd avoid Nissan like the plague these days. That aside that's a lot of wheels you're going through in a short amount of time even if it his a work-heavy related choice. I hope this last choice is the one you're happy with because if not its going to cost you in the end lol. Any reason you wouldn't work your way back to the F150 given it's the same manufacturer & you're familiar with it?

DangerRanger84

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat
Those that have done it, know!
Night and day difference.

I turned off the fake engine noise with FORScan and it's a delight how quiet it is now when going down the road.
The Ranger has fake engine noises??? Dang I need to get on the FORscan wagon. Would love to turn that off.
Sponsored