New rival incoming: 2024 Tacoma Hybrid and Turbo 4 Cylinder models (no more V6)

maxbottomtime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT SCAB 4x4
Neat! I wonder if it'll be just an improvement to city, or somehow they'll get better highway.

Competition is good. I'd love to have an option similar to the 3.5 ecoboost hybrid. Better gas mileage, still PLENTY capable.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
lol I remember when the Ranger came back in 2019 and everyone on Tacoma World was laughing at the 4cyl turbo. I can't wait to hear their excuses now on why the Tacomas 4cyl turbo is so great. ? Let's not forget about the rear drum brakes.:oops:

Rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SR5 access cab, 98 Civic ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Occupation
professional anime watcher!
Vehicle Showcase
lol I remember when the Ranger came back in 2019 and everyone on Tacoma World was laughing at the 4cyl turbo. I can't wait to hear their excuses now on why the Tacomas 4cyl turbo is so great. ? Let's not forget about the rear drum brakes.:oops:
so the new tacoma will follow the f1 platform they have setup which means it will follow the tundra so it shouldnt...! have rear drums and it should no longer have leaf springs in the rear also so if this is all true and its power is good the tacoma will be back on top for offroad capability with have a link system in the rear over leaf sprung but only time will tell you know

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
so the new tacoma will follow the f1 platform they have setup which means it will follow the tundra so it shouldnt...! have rear drums and it should no longer have leaf springs in the rear also so if this is all true and its power is good the tacoma will be back on top for offroad capability with have a link system in the rear over leaf sprung but only time will tell you know
I meant that the Taco fanboys always defended the rear drum brakes. Tacoma World was really one of the worst forums I've ever been on. I get every one has a few fanboys but this place was loaded with them. If you said one thing negative or questioned why the powertrain was so bad you'd have half the site jumping down on you. I just think it's funny because everything they laughed about on the Ranger they're now going to have. :wink:

Wes Siler

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WesSiler.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2020 Toyota Land Cruiser
Occupation
Writer
The new Tundra platform positions those rear coils outboard of the frame, which massively limits articulation and really sets it back off road. This new 3rd gen is behind on off road ability to the 2nd as a result. Same issue with the platform mates, which is why us Cruiser types are avoiding the 300 series. Crossing fingers they fix that for 4th gen Taco, but judging by all the quality/design issues as TMNA right now, not holding my breath.

Figarou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Edge ST, 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
I meant that the Taco fanboys always defended the rear drum brakes. Tacoma World was really one of the worst forums I've ever been on. I get every one has a few fanboys but this place was loaded with them. If you said one thing negative or questioned why the power train was so bad you'd have half the site jumping down on you. I just think it's funny because everything they laughed about on the Ranger they're now going to have. :wink:
The Tundra is no longer recommended.

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/only-1-pickup-truck-is-no-longer-recommended-by-consumer-reports/

Will the new Tacoma follow suit?

Philvarah

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT Splash
Occupation
Sales
Neat! I wonder if it'll be just an improvement to city, or somehow they'll get better highway.

Competition is good. I'd love to have an option similar to the 3.5 ecoboost hybrid. Better gas mileage, still PLENTY capable.
If you want to hype up Tacos... then head to the Mexican forum

Friday yet?

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.

From the link.

This!

Rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I meant that the Taco fanboys always defended the rear drum brakes. Tacoma World was really one of the worst forums I've ever been on. I get every one has a few fanboys but this place was loaded with them. If you said one thing negative or questioned why the powertrain was so bad you'd have half the site jumping down on you. I just think it's funny because everything they laughed about on the Ranger they're now going to have. :wink:
sooo ive been on tw for years now and tbh it runs better then this forum to me personally... i like both forums but i do prefer tw for specific things over this one but thats also because ive been around for years.. the fanboys do get old trust me.... you know how many followers i lost when i got my civic si? all because i got a daily and it wasnt a toyota... then when i got the ranger i lost a lot as well not just on insta but also people who i thought were friends on facebook but were only around for my truck build i guess so i full on get the annoying fanboys tbh but this forum has it pretty bad also.... most of the time us with 2nd gens give people with a 3rd gen shit all the time so idk jokes or questions about the power train are pretty common threads but its normally not an issue unless its a new member that has done no research and has like two post theeeen they usually go a bit nuts lmao. tbh i never saw to much laughing at the ranger when it came out on my side of things besides it looking a little goofy which to some i can see why they dont like the body design which is fine i like it thou lol. the main thing toyota needs to do that ford has them beat on is the fact a locker can go on any damn trim model if you option it! like seriously why!!! ford does it and it lets people get a cheaper truck with what they want! they dont gotta get a offroad or a pro model to get a locker!!! so annoying they dont do that! tbh same with jeep!

also we hate the drum brakes lmao nobody truly likes em we just joke about it since we have no option from oem... we have aftermarket but the cost is just to much so its rare that its done
The new Tundra platform positions those rear coils outboard of the frame, which massively limits articulation and really sets it back off road. This new 3rd gen is behind on off road ability to the 2nd as a result. Same issue with the platform mates, which is why us Cruiser types are avoiding the 300 series. Crossing fingers they fix that for 4th gen Taco, but judging by all the quality/design issues as TMNA right now, not holding my breath.
ya ive seen stuff on the rear coils which makes me worried buuut here is the positive thing for the toyota unlike us since the bronco kinda stole our spotlight ? the aftermarket scene for toyota is massive so if it is an issue you know someone like achrive garage, camburg or total chaos, hell jd fab might even rework it a bit so its designed better but overall it will still have a better setup over leaf springs... all i can hope is they change it but who knows... wait and see right?

i do hope they get new damn seats thou! my 13 was okay but after 8+ hours i wanted to throw my seats in the trash lmao but at least it lasted that long my si after 3 hours my back was hurting lmao

Bsthroop

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat 4x2 Sport
Occupation
Broadband/ Microwave Engineer
The wheel wells and fenders on that picture are hideous, reminds me of an Avalanche.

BettaRanga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Screw 4x4 Lariat 501a Blk App Carbonized Gray
sooo ive been on tw for years now and tbh it runs better then this forum to me personally... i like both forums but i do prefer tw for specific things over this one but thats also because ive been around for years.. the fanboys do get old trust me.... you know how many followers i lost when i got my civic si? all because i got a daily and it wasnt a toyota... then when i got the ranger i lost a lot as well not just on insta but also people who i thought were friends on facebook but were only around for my truck build i guess so i full on get the annoying fanboys tbh but this forum has it pretty bad also.... most of the time us with 2nd gens give people with a 3rd gen shit all the time so idk jokes or questions about the power train are pretty common threads but its normally not an issue unless its a new member that has done no research and has like two post theeeen they usually go a bit nuts lmao. tbh i never saw to much laughing at the ranger when it came out on my side of things besides it looking a little goofy which to some i can see why they dont like the body design which is fine i like it thou lol. the main thing toyota needs to do that ford has them beat on is the fact a locker can go on any damn trim model if you option it! like seriously why!!! ford does it and it lets people get a cheaper truck with what they want! they dont gotta get a offroad or a pro model to get a locker!!! so annoying they dont do that! tbh same with jeep!

also we hate the drum brakes lmao nobody truly likes em we just joke about it since we have no option from oem... we have aftermarket but the cost is just to much so its rare that its done
ya ive seen stuff on the rear coils which makes me worried buuut here is the positive thing for the toyota unlike us since the bronco kinda stole our spotlight ? the aftermarket scene for toyota is massive so if it is an issue you know someone like achrive garage, camburg or total chaos, hell jd fab might even rework it a bit so its designed better but overall it will still have a better setup over leaf springs... all i can hope is they change it but who knows... wait and see right?

i do hope they get new damn seats thou! my 13 was okay but after 8+ hours i wanted to throw my seats in the trash lmao but at least it lasted that long my si after 3 hours my back was hurting lmao
Ranger 5g is just full of damper fanboys. It’s annoying.

Myself included!

I haven’t seen Ranger5g really be a fanboy site. There is a lot of ragging on the wandering transmission, drive train clunk, stock sponges for suspension, and I could go on. I personally like mine a lot, but anyone I’ve recommended the Ranger to also gets a recommendation to upgrade their suspension AND to get a damper.

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
The wheel wells and fenders on that picture are hideous, reminds me of an Avalanche.
The Tundra is definitely one ugly truck. Seems the taco got the same design team.

Rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Ranger 5g is just full of damper fanboys. It’s annoying.

Myself included!

I haven’t seen Ranger5g really be a fanboy site. There is a lot of ragging on the wandering transmission, drive train clunk, stock sponges for suspension, and I could go on. I personally like mine a lot, but anyone I’ve recommended the Ranger to also gets a recommendation to upgrade their suspension AND to get a damper.
lmao i laughed a bit to hard on that one

but no this site has it pretty good i wouldnt say its fully towards just the ranger but mainly ford as a whole but pretty much all forum sites have it and ive been on a few over the years

tbh the best forum ive been apart of is civicx for the 10th gen civics it was a really good forum with lots of good people that i still talk to this day

Rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
The Tundra is definitely one ugly truck. Seems the taco got the same design team.
yaaaa its a rather interesting looking truck lol my buddy has one and well he likes it but overall its not to good looking but hey some people like it somehow lol
Sponsored