First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Retired
My SYNC is so confused, I just did the soft reset, then the radio screen just stayed on afterward, keys in hand, out of the truck, door closed, it still had the screen on, did the reset again and it returned to normal, shutting down with the Ford logo.

Tried to do an update and it wouldn't, the icon just kept swirling.

But now the unit is working correctly, it used to on start up and be on NAVI, then go to AM radio when you hit audio, but now it's back to normal for the time being.

Thanks for posting up the soft reset procedure.đź‘Ť
Are you updated to build 23188? If not, what do you have?
Sponsored

Fitzmotor

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 75 crewcab F350, 65 Mustang
Occupation
Retired from Honda Racing.
I'm on 22251, I can't get it to update, when it was in the dealer last, the tech had the same problem, after a week with the truck he got it to update, but it was the Lincoln screen, they ordered a APIM again, once that was installed, it's been okay until a week ago.

alcohenusa

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Retired
I'm on 22251, I can't get it to update, when it was in the dealer last, the tech had the same problem, after a week with the truck he got it to update, but it was the Lincoln screen, they ordered a APIM again, once that was installed, it's been okay until a week ago.
22251 is your problem. You need to get 23188. You could try pulling the fuses or disconnecting the battery for a short time to let the hardware reset and then try the USB update process. The dealer should be able to get it updated for you if you can’t get it work (or they need to replace the APIM again and make sure 23188 is on it.)

Fitzmotor

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 75 crewcab F350, 65 Mustang
Occupation
Retired from Honda Racing.
I'll go try that, thanks.

kendive

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ranger Lariat Tech Pkg Tremor
22251 is your problem. You need to get 23188. You could try pulling the fuses or disconnecting the battery for a short time to let the hardware reset and then try the USB update process. The dealer should be able to get it updated for you if you can’t get it work (or they need to replace the APIM again and make sure 23188 is on it.)
Kool forum to check out

https://www.fmods.net/community/

JJBB33

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tremor
I agree, I have been telling them that all along, when it gets cold it goes bonkers, now when I start the truck it's on NAVI, then it jumps to AM when you hit audio, it's the worst it's been, going in next week probably.
I had the exact same problem with it starting in Nav and jumping to AM. Also couldn't remote lock/unlock or start with Ford Pass. I just updated to the latest software build and it seems to have fixed it ( for now anyway )

quangdog

First Name
Kimball
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
I'll go try that, thanks.
If dealer can't / won't figure it out, CyanLabs is the way to go. I've updated Sync myself a few times - using Ford official methods at first, but then tried CyanLabs and I'll never go to Ford again. CL is SO much easier and reliable.
Sponsored