We’re Off! Arizona - Colorado - South Dakota - Colorado - Utah and Back.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
We didn't get to see as much of Salida as I'd like to but it looks like another really nice small town here. It was just an overnight stop and the lady at the desk recommended going to eat at a place called The Boat House. It was right on the river and we sat in the bar where the sides are all open so you could watch people rafting. I wish we had a little more time to walk around more but maybe another time. We'll be in WY later today and then Custer, SD on Friday which is where we both have looked forward to going for many years.

IMG_5874.jpg

IMG_5870.jpg

The Boat House Restaurant which has a great deck out back to eat on and watch the rafters on the river.
IMG_5872.jpg

IMG_5871.jpg
Beautiful trip, Dave....how's the gas prices?
Sponsored

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Thanks Tracy! It's such a beautiful country we live in and we're blessed to be able to do the things we can do here. So many others don't have this opportunity that we have here in the USA! ??
It's been one of those weeks, and just had a chance to check back in on our happy wonderers. I hope is Annie doing better. I would hate for that to ruin her fun.

We've talked about the same thing brother. We also talked about the Americans that can't/won't see the beauty we have in this country. Some will never travel farther than their back yard, and that is so sad.

You two carry on, and enjoy........................keep the pics coming my friend. I'm riding with you through them.

And BTW, this is the prerequisite picture when you roll into the Custer, SD area.

214.JPG

Last edited:

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
It's been one of those weeks, and just had a chance to check back in on our happy wonderers. I hope is Annie doing better. I would hate for that to ruin her fun.

We've talked about the same thing brother. We also talked about the Americans that can't/won't see the beauty we have in this country. Some will never travel farther than their back yard, and that is so sad.

You two carry on, and enjoy........................keep the pics coming my friend. I'm riding with you through them.

And BTW, this is the prerequisite picture when you roll into the Custer, SD area.

214.JPG
True.
But pics don't do that view justice.
Jeanie and I have stood there and it was somewhat overwhelming...the amount of time and expertise it took to plan and execute that monument is just beyond my comprehension.
America the Beautiful, for sure.

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat - 2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
SO glad ya'll are having a great time in Colorado Dave! Looking forward to hanging out a bit next week for sure! Gave me another week to get ready.....whatever that means....lol :wink:

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
True.
Jeanie and I have stood there and it was somewhat overwhelming...the amount of time and expertise it took to plan and execute that monument is just beyond my comprehension.
I agree Chris. The only word that came to my mind when we first walked up was "wow". It is an amazing feat considering the equipment they had to work with back in the late 30's, and early 40's.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Beautiful trip, Dave....how's the gas prices?
Thanks Sid! They're all over the place everywhere we go. I've got it from $5.15-$5.59/gal for premium but now it seems like it's just getting higher and higher. I'm afraid to total it all up once the trip is over. lol :curse:

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

214.JPG
That's our first stop tomorrow Jim. We just got into Torrington, WY and it's about 2.5 hours to Rushmore. This was our main destination for our trip and everything else just fell into place.

Thanks for asking Jim, Annie's doing better every day but not dancing just yet. lol

You're right so many have no desire to see the country and that's ok because everyone's different and that's what makes the world go round. I don't understand it because I've always liked to travel and do things off the beaten path. A lot of people asked if we were going to cancel or shorten the trip because of the higher prices. I also have a friend who thinks I'm absolutely crazy for spending so much with the way the economy is right now but he's one who just sits around and complains about everything anyways. We've both worked way to hard our whole life and now finally have time to enjoy it and while yes the higher prices put a small damper on it no way was it going to stop us from going.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
True.
Chris we were talking about this while driving on how our reaction would be seeing this for the first time. I remember back a couple years ago when they had the big 4th of July celebration there and that's really when we started trying to plan on how to go there and make a trip out of it. I'm sure all the pictures and videos will never do it justice seeing it in person and I'm looking forward to finally seeing it tomorrow.

Gtorobby

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shadow Black Ford Ranger Supercrew Lariat 4x2
Occupation
Retired
That's our first stop tomorrow Jim. We just got into Torrington, WY and it's about 2.5 hours to Rushmore. This was our main destination for our trip and everything else just fell into place.

Thanks for asking Jim, Annie's doing better every day but not dancing just yet. lol

You're right so many have no desire to see the country and that's ok because everyone's different and that's what makes the world go round. I don't understand it because I've always liked to travel and do things off the beaten path. A lot of people asked if we were going to cancel or shorten the trip because of the higher prices. I also have a friend who thinks I'm absolutely crazy for spending so much with the way the economy is right now but he's one who just sits around and complains about everything anyways. We've both worked way to hard our whole life and now finally have time to enjoy it and while yes the higher prices put a small damper on it no way was it going to stop us from going.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
SO glad ya'll are having a great time in Colorado Dave! Looking forward to hanging out a bit next week for sure! Gave me another week to get ready.....whatever that means....lol :wink:
You’ll need a vacation after he leaves! ?

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
Thanks Sid! They're all over the place everywhere we go. I've got it from $5.15-$5.59/gal for premium but now it seems like it's just getting higher and higher. I'm afraid to total it all up once the trip is over. lol :curse:
Road trip to CA (not in the truck) and prices for regular have ranged from 5.39 to 6.39 going through NV. Here in Bishop CA have only seen one station so far and its $6.05

Update two other stations are 6.19 and 6.49

Last edited:

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
Absolutely agree.

Glad to learn Annie is improving.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
We left Salida, CO early this morning and were headed to Torrington, WY for another one night stop over. Mark @txquailguy has been telling me about The Garden Of The Gods for a few months now and how we really need to stop there. I was hesitant only because it was a good 90 minutes out of the way and then another couple hours time there. I called a last minute audible literally as we were pulling out of the hotel this morning and said what the hell we may never be this close again. I'm so glad we went as this was another GREAT suggestion Mark and some amazing scenery and history on how they were formed which is in the link. Another surprise is it free to enter which I would've paid as it would've been well worth an entry fee. Anyone traveling near there (Colorado Springs) should really stop and check it out. I'm super impressed with CO and we'll be heading back through in another week.

This was our view from the hotel when leaving this morning. A little cold at 49 degrees but some great music to warm things up. :rockon:

IMG_5877.jpg

IMG_5878.jpg

The Garden Of The Gods. There's a walking trail which brings you around to most of the main ones.

IMG_9396.jpg

IMG_5884.jpg

IMG_5891.jpg

IMG_5892.jpg

IMG_5897.jpg

IMG_5899.jpg

IMG_5901.jpg
Sponsored