We’re Off! Arizona - Colorado - South Dakota - Colorado - Utah and Back.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Internet is slow here so I needed to add another post. There's so many amazing sights there.

IMG_5902.jpg

IMG_5903.jpg

IMG_5904.jpg

IMG_5905.jpg

IMG_5908.jpg

IMG_5909.jpg

IMG_5914.jpg

This was at the top of the very first picture. They call it 2 camels kissing. lol

IMG_5910.jpg

IMG_5910.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
These were really cool, they're called Siamese Twins. When you look through the middle you can see Pikes Peak. It was a great picture except I ended up getting someone in it as she he wouldn't move and there was a line of people behind me. Maybe I can edit here out like George Castanza had to. lol

IMG_5922.jpg

IMG_5927.jpg

This ones called balanced rock. I'd hate to be driving through if it ever tips over. :shock:

IMG_5931.jpg

IMG_5933.jpg

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Great thread Dave, looks like you're having a wonderful time! Too bad about your gf's fall, but at least it's not too bad and you are back at it. Keep the updates coming. :)
Thanks Jay. We are and thankfully her fall wasn't any worse. Now I just have to watch her when she's near the white & yellow lines in the road so she doesn't trip over them. ?

Road trip to CA (not in the truck) and prices for regular have ranged from 5.39 to 6.39 going through NV. Here in Bishop CA have only seen one station so far and its $5.05
Thats crazy Steve!o_O I have seen several stations with 87 for $4.69-$4.89 which was surprising as they're out in the middle of nowhere which is sometimes more. This can't keep up much longer or the whole economy is going to crumble.?

Absolutely agree.

Glad to learn Annie is improving.
Thank you Kent, we both really appreciate it!

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
These were really cool, they're called Siamese Twins. When you look through the middle you can see Pikes Peak. It was a great picture except I ended up getting someone in it as she wouldn't move and there was a line of people behind me. Maybe I can edit here out like George Castanza had to. lol

IMG_5922.jpg

IMG_5927.jpg

This ones called balanced rock. I'd hate to be driving through if it ever tips over. :shock:

IMG_5931.jpg

IMG_5933.jpg
Lots of great hiking around Colorado Springs, beautiful country for sure.

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
Chris we were talking about this while driving on how our reaction would be seeing this for the first time. I remember back a couple years ago when they had the big 4th of July celebration there and that's really when we started trying to plan on how to go there and make a trip out of it. I'm sure all the pictures and videos will never do it justice seeing it in person and I'm looking forward to finally seeing it tomorrow.
It's gonna be awesome. You'll love it!

Strobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT Sport 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
i wasnt planning on stopping by or commenting, but i did see that there was 4999 views and i wanted to be 5000.

maybe for once i'll see Dave actually "like" one of my posts.
he's clearly been avoiding doing that for some time
wonder why????
Post something likeable. ?

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat 4X4
Occupation
Retired
Hey Dave, thanks for sharing your journey :like: The pic where you can see the peaks and you stated there was a girl that wouldn't move in time. Are you sure that was a girl. Hoping you haven't changed on us:giggle::giggle::crazy:

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Hey Dave, thanks for sharing your journey :like: The pic where you can see the peaks and you stated there was a girl that wouldn't move in time. Are you sure that was a girl. Hoping you haven't changed on us:giggle::giggle::crazy:
lol I'm sure Greg....Not that there's anything wrong with that. ? His wife was up against the back of the rock and I thought that was her. I guess I need my glasses more than I thought. ?

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat 4X4
Occupation
Retired
lol I'm sure Greg....Not that there's anything wrong with that. ? His wife was up against the back of the rock and I thought that was her. I guess I need my glasses more than I thought. ?
Hey bud while you are in the Custer area check out the wildlife loop but beware of the buffaloes :LOL:
Geronimo is a good sight to check out and its been a decade or so since I have been out there.
Along with Rushmore these are fairly close to one another. Have a good time and don't let your GF
out at the loop if you go she might get nudged

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Hey bud while you are in the Custer area check out the wildlife loop but beware of the buffaloes :LOL:
Geronimo is a good sight to check out and its been a decade or so since I have been out there.
Along with Rushmore these are fairly close to one another. Have a good time and don't let your GF
out at the loop if you go she might get nudged
Thanks Greg. I do already have that on my list to do along with Badlands and a few hikes if she can walk by then. lol

? If not maybe letting her out on the loop might be a good idea??:lipssealed:

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
We left Salida, CO early this morning and were headed to Torrington, WY for another one night stop over. Mark @txquailguy has been telling me about The Garden Of The Gods for a few months now and how we really need to stop there. I was hesitant only because it was a good 90 minutes out of the way and then another couple hours time there. I called a last minute audible literally as we were pulling out of the hotel this morning and said what the hell we may never be this close again. I'm so glad we went as this was another GREAT suggestion Mark and some amazing scenery and history on how they were formed which is in the link. Another surprise is it free to enter which I would've paid as it would've been well worth an entry fee. Anyone traveling near there (Colorado Springs) should really stop and check it out. I'm super impressed with CO and we'll be heading back through in another week.

This was our view from the hotel when leaving this morning. A little cold at 49 degrees but some great music to warm things up. :rockon:

IMG_5877.jpg

IMG_5878.jpg

The Garden Of The Gods. There's a walking trail which brings you around to most of the main ones.

IMG_9396.jpg

IMG_5884.jpg

IMG_5891.jpg

IMG_5892.jpg

IMG_5897.jpg

IMG_5899.jpg

IMG_5901.jpg
Amazing!

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Going through my pictures now I forget about these guys. They were all over the park today and didn't seem fazed one bit by all the people around and even a few who had their dogs.

IMG_5906.jpg

IMG_5912.jpg

IMG_5898.jpg

Glad we didn't run into any Rattlers. :surprised:

IMG_5890.jpg

Annie's supervisor was there a few years ago and saw these bears there. o_O

IMG_9399.jpg

IMG_9397.jpg

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
While we are looking forward to every stop on our trip this one today was the main reason we did this. Will be at Mt Rushmore in about 3 hours and probably the most excited about this stop. Sorry Mark @txquailguy but you're definitely a close 2nd. :giggle:?

While WY is a beautiful state (from the little we've seen) driving is very boring. I was warned there was nothing but farms and fields and they weren't kidding. lol One nice thing is all the way from the border to the hotel you could do 85 just about the whole way. I still think I have the wrong engine in my truck. lol I averaged 25.8 leaving Salida, CO to here and there were many large mountain passes we went over and like I said many 85 mph stretches. It's still showing over 105 miles to empty.:shock:

IMG_5934.jpg

IMG_5935.jpg

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat 4X4
Occupation
Retired
While we are looking forward to every stop on our trip this one toady was the main reason we did this. Will be at Mt Rushmore in about 3 hours and probably the most excited about this stop. Sorry Mark @txquailguy but you're definitely a close 2nd. :giggle:?

While WY is a beautiful state (from the little we've seen) driving is very boring. I was warned there was nothing but farms and fields and they weren't kidding. lol One nice thing is all the way from the border to the hotel you could do 85 just about the whole way. I still think I have the wrong engine in my truck. lol I averaged 25.8 leaving Salida, CO to here and there were many large mountain passes we went over and like I said many 85 mph stretches. It's still showing over 105 miles to empty.:shock:

IMG_5934.jpg

IMG_5935.jpg
You know that it is the Saber color that gives us such good gas mileage :giggle:
Funny that I am at 24,400 in mileage and my mpg the last few tanks have been in the 25's.
The pain at the pump is still a PIA Carry on but don't carry her :LOL: Keep Safe Brother
Sponsored