What did you do to your Ranger today?

RiptideRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT
I am doing my best to talk myself out of the Decked system. I've made a lot of choices around not having them and it would take a lot of work to get my setup to include them (not to mention... money). That being said, its working less and less the more I see them. Keeping crap safe, but out of the cab is huge. ugh.
I hear that. I've got big beach and camping plans this Summer, so I needed a place to put all my stuff and free up the cab for actual people instead of tools and equipment. This was the only option that made sense in my mind, even if it was a spendy one!
Sponsored

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
Swapped out my oem puddle lights for those brighter ones on Amazon, big difference. Also received more sound deadener today, I ran out of the dynamat extreme so I tried the Amazon brand, same sized sheets and square footage but less than 1/3 the cost! It's slightly thinner (approximately 2/3 as thick as the dynamat so since I will have extra I installed a double layer on the rear cab and 1 layer on both sides of the sub box, will do most of the rear floor with what's left tomorrow then put it back together.

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Finished the installation of the lift. I did break the sway bar end link on the driver side though. It will be parked until I get the new one lol. Next up is the winch installation

PXL_20220512_043338200_2.jpg

Did you break it or just pop it out of socket?

I did the same thing and took the bar off and used a rubber mallet to pop it back in. Granted I still have less than 11,000 miles on my 19'

Synfulz

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Diesel :)
Occupation
Retired Powerplant Operator
Vehicle Showcase
20220512_184705.jpg
I added lighted door sill plates. Nice blue like dash lights. Look white in the picture but they are the blue light like the cast off. Updated the picture now that it is dark out.

Last edited:

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Finished the installation of the lift. I did break the sway bar end link on the driver side though. It will be parked until I get the new one lol. Next up is the winch installation

PXL_20220512_043338200_2.jpg
Did you break it or just pop it out of socket?

I did the same thing and took the bar off and used a rubber mallet to pop it back in. Granted I still have less than 11,000 miles on my 19'
I’m curious if either of you did your install by jacking up only one side at a time. I’ve read that it puts enough strain on the anti-sway bar for this kind of thing to happen.

Or, were both sides in the air on jack stands at the same time and it still happened?

Just trying to help out the next home installer. ?

Last edited:

Sleepy_Hollow

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
USN
Do you have full articulation/stuff without rubbing? If so that is very impressive and it must be an absolute beast on trails.
I haven't done any crazy offroading yet since the new tires. I need to do some testing to see if I have any issues. I'll probably raise the front 1/4in and move my castor a little more forward. I did some trimming. The truck was a beast on 33s!

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
I’m curious if either of you did your install by jacking up only one side at a time. I’ve read that it puts enough strain on the anti-sway bar for this kind of thing to happen.

Or, were both sides in the air on jack stands at the same time and it still happened?

Just trying to help out the next home installer. ?
I basically followed stage 3's video and sort of forgot twice to loosen the bolts for the sway bar to give it enough tolerance for when you have to push the control arm down. Woopsie lol

BRad704

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT SuperCrew
Occupation
Senior Product Leader
Dropped it off at 4whlParts this morning, then rode my CX bike 11 miles home. Did yall know summer was here already! Damn hot out there. Once I get THE CALL later, I'll saddle up and ride back to the shop.

Sariandan

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang EcoBoost
Occupation
Paramedic/Shift Supervisor
Put this on instead of the weather tech branding. Do Interior stickers count towards extra hp?

B9B7D51A-5969-46B5-B6D7-D6BBB36FAC71.jpeg
I was vacuuming my truck yesterday, and the Husky sticker came off the driver side mat. I wonder if it's the same size as these? Do you have the link for these?

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
I was vacuuming my truck yesterday, and the Husky sticker came off the driver side mat. I wonder if it's the same size as these? Do you have the link for these?
My Husky sticker keeps coming off on the driver side too. Don't know if it is the same size as that.
Sponsored