Ranger Suspension, Lift Kits, Leveling Kits

FlRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
I just swapped the Rough Country level out for the ReadyLift 3” SST lift and I would tell you to not even unbox the 2”, just send it back to swap it for the 3”. The ride is so much better than with only a level. The level stiffens the front and does nothing to the rear, and you can tell a difference
But will the SST kit fit a 2wd??

Seems like you have real beef with the the Rough Country. Would you take the Ready Lift 2” level kit over the Rough Country 2.5” level kit?
Sponsored

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Explorer Sport
Well I don't have my lift nor wheels yet either, but the guys at BDS say that with their lift you don't have to modify the crash bars.
I realize now that they may be talking about zero flex. After installing 33s, I can tell you with 100% certainly that you will rub with the tiniest bit of flex. I suppose if you literally never compress/flex the front then you won’t rub. Otherwise, their clams is BS.

RangerB

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat in Saber
Occupation
I do things for people who need me to do them.
Vehicle Showcase
I realize now that they may be talking about zero flex. After installing 33s, I can tell you with 100% certainly that you will rub with the tiniest bit of flex. I suppose if you literally never compress/flex the front then you won’t rub. Otherwise, their clams is BS.
Well, that’s discouraging. I picked up the Icon stage 2 kit (2 weeks out) and plan on running the 285/70/17’s that they recommend with that setup. Also picked up a set of their Ranger-spec’d Six Speeds they just announced (6-8 weeks out according to Poly Performance). So, I’m really hoping to not run into any rubbing issues.

The Ranger-spec’d Six Speeds are 17x8.5 w/ 25mm offset. What’s your rim/tire situation look like?

If you’re running wider rims and/or more positive offset, I wonder if that is placing your tire closer to the inside of the fender well and into where the angled part of the crash bar is when under flex, maybe?

Worst case, you can pick up a set of the Fabtech crash bars. They’re super proud of those things, though $$$

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
I haven't been following this thread but I noticed something odd about the drive shaft.
I kinda liked it...
The front shaft is straight back and the carrier bearing is fixed on top of the crossmember.
All the travel and drop then is in the rear shaft.
You can't shim the carrier due to its location so it appears that any lift kit would adversely affect the drop angle and the rear shaft looks pretty short!
Is there some compensation for this in the lift kits?
Is the design limiting or does it just not matter?

Oregon Comrade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
I haven't been following this thread but I noticed something odd about the drive shaft.
I kinda liked it...
The front shaft is straight back and the carrier bearing is fixed on top of the crossmember.
All the travel and drop then is in the rear shaft.
You can't shim the carrier due to its location so it appears that any lift kit would adversely affect the drop angle and the rear shaft looks pretty short!
Is there some compensation for this in the lift kits?
Is the design limiting or does it just not matter?
Probably still within reasonable angles, but any lift, in general, is going to shorten the span of your joints, driveline and front CV's, that may be 5% or 50%, depends on the design, drop, use, etc...

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
Probably still within reasonable angles, but any lift, in general, is going to shorten the span of your joints, driveline and front CV's, that may be 5% or 50%, depends on the design, drop, use, etc...
I have a correction to make anyway... The picture of the carrier I saw must have been upside down
since I crawled under one today and the carrier is under the crossmember in the normal position.

Randy2400h

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Sport FX4, 2015 Ford Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, so much for a late march ship date. I have a stage one ordered through one of my suppliers and a stage 2 kit with the tubular UCA's ordered through a contact at Icon. My stage one guy says any day now but I am going to end up canceling it and wait for the stage 2. I tried reaching out to my contact at Icon but it looks like they are all at an event in Utah this week.
I still haven’t heard a peep from ICON regarding delivery of my tubular UCAs. How about you?

Fordguy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Fixed operation Director Tuttle Click Automotive
Vehicle Showcase
Nope, just sent off an email. I'll report back when I hear something.
I believe that they just came out of production and the kits are being assembled and boxed. I just picked up a pre-production kit with the billet arms yesterday.

me01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RANGER 2019 AU
Its interesting to see prices in USD you guys are up for 2" lift.

With our crappy exchange rate you could almost buy 2 kits to suit your truck down here.

Big seller dampers here are the german made bilsteins. I'm told ours differ to the USA model due to our rough shitty roads.

Fordguy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Its interesting to see prices in USD you guys are up for 2" lift.

With our crappy exchange rate you could almost buy 2 kits to suit your truck down here.

Big seller dampers here are the german made bilsteins. I'm told ours differ to the USA model due to our rough shitty roads.
ranger icon.jpg

They are being shipped. Just installed my pre-retail kit last night.

LewisLegacy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
I still haven’t heard a peep from ICON regarding delivery of my tubular UCAs. How about you?
The offroad shop that's handling my ICON install called them and they're shipping the coilovers now, but the tubular UCAs won't ship til mid-to-late June. You can install w/ the stock UCA, just can't adjust the coilovers til you install their UCA for the extra travel. Kinda sucks waiting, but i'm debating if it's worth getting the truck alligned twice to get it lifted for the extra 4 weeks.

me01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RANGER 2019 AU
ranger icon.jpg

They are being shipped. Just installed my pre-retail kit last night.
That's a sexy UCA, I have to say.

Most places here won't bother with a UCA until we lift past 2"

Fordguy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
That's a sexy UCA, I have to say.

Most places here won't bother with a UCA until we lift past 2"
Its nice to be able to dial in the caster/camber. The lower arm runs out of adjustment pretty quick. You cant beat the Icon Delta joints.
Sponsored