Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
It's a step up from a spacer but not quite the leap (or investment) of a full coil over...that can come later when I'm wiser and richer :clap:
Sponsored

Last edited:

earsmccoy

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Screw XLT FX4 Sport Package & 2016 F-150 Super Crew FX4
Has anyone on this forum received their Icon orders yet. Or, has anyone heard any news on when the kits are going to start shipping?

O.p.99

First Name
Opie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
How's that possible? No matter what lift you use, tires that big on the stock +55 offset will rub the spindle won't they?
I went with the LT 275/70 R17 with a 2.5 rough country level kit. As you can see I had enough room to do the LT 285/75 R17. Hope these pics help

20190416_191533.jpg

20190416_191549.jpg

Randy2400h

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Sport FX4, 2015 Ford Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone on this forum received their Icon orders yet. Or, has anyone heard any news on when the kits are going to start shipping?
Nada! Waiting on my tubular UCAs.

earsmccoy

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nada! Waiting on my tubular UCAs.
Yeah, so much for a late march ship date. I have a stage one ordered through one of my suppliers and a stage 2 kit with the tubular UCA's ordered through a contact at Icon. My stage one guy says any day now but I am going to end up canceling it and wait for the stage 2. I tried reaching out to my contact at Icon but it looks like they are all at an event in Utah this week.

walker_texas

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14' TRDOR
It would be really great for us daily driving, non-gear heads to have an clear, equitable comparison between the leveling options.

Get rid of the rake. Check! Get bigger tires. Check!
But...

Is a 2" lift enough?
Does a two-part (top and bottom) spacer assembly mitigate angles and have less detrimental affect on the suspension and CV shaft? (BDS 2"; Ready-Lift 2")
Does the two-piece assembly limit tire sizes?
Will mounting only a taller top spacer overextend the suspension or overstress the CV shaft assembly (ProComp 2.25", RC 2.5", R-L 3")?
The BDS 2" has a top spacer and preload bottom spacer, but the Ready-Lift 3" combines a top spacer with a preload into one piece? How's that work?

2" or 3"? One piece or two? Steel or aluminum? Is one company better than the other? Does any of it actually make a functional difference?

Others???
* To each their own!

* It doesn't mitigate the the angles, as lengthening the geometry still exacerbates the problem. As BDS mentioned in the video, this solution will reduce the amount of potential for premature wear. It was mentioned a few pages back, but the correct solution is to work within the range of CV angles, balljoint range and bushing deflection. If I had to do a spacer lift, combining preload and a spacer would be better than just a spacer.BDS knows that, hence their design.

*It shouldn't limit it any more than any other lift.

*See above: Short answer, Yes.

* Ready Lift 3" looks to completely replace the original top mount. This new piece both increases the length of the original unit, and also increases the length of the spring seat, effectively increasing preload on the spring. Adding preload is a perfectly acceptable solution, the only caveat is without any additional weight there may be adverse ride quality characteristics. You're now further into the range of the spring's travel, reducing bump travel. If it is too much preload, you will be working in the top range of the OE shock's travel, thus topping out over big bumps making a jerky ride. To their credit though, they have likely tuned theirs to be the best of both worlds. I've never been in one with their kit installed so I can't personally speak for the ride quality.

Factory shock facts worth mentioning
* Having seen the OE shock dynos, Ford left a lot of meat on the bones for aftermarket suspension companies to really turn this into a new truck with the appropriate upgrades. For instance, the rear dampers have a very sharp knee with extreme (comparatively) amounts of high-speed damping. This is to help control the GIANT overload leaf system on the back of the truck. With the proper development as seen with Icon, Eibach and other damper manufacturers, it is possible to improve the function and ride quality using the factory spring systems.
That being said, The minute there is a leaf-pack available for this truck that's the first mod that should happen!

Cliffs notes: Invest in replacement dampers, even if you're on the FX4 kit, or even with spacer lifts. It will transform the truck.

Last edited:

ToothRanger

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
D.D.S.
Vehicle Showcase
Comparison Photo: Stock Tires and wheels VS Method MR701 Matte Bronze Painted / BFGoodrich KM2 285/70R17 Mud-Terrain
Both leveled and on Radflo 2.5" Front Coil-Over Shocks / 2.5 res rear shocks
Total Chaos Fabrication UCA

FordRanger395north8.jpg

FordRanger395north5.jpg

FordRanger395north7.jpg

FordRanger395north9.jpg

FordRanger395north10.jpg

FordRanger395north12.jpg
Hey @395North would you care to write-up a review of the driving characteristics with the Radflo setup so far??

Digging your IG, btw. Inspirational.

jmw0404

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I went with the LT 275/70 R17 with a 2.5 rough country level kit. As you can see I had enough room to do the LT 285/75 R17. Hope these pics help

Awesome! can you add a full side view pic for overall looks.

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Explorer Sport
Yeah, so much for a late march ship date. I have a stage one ordered through one of my suppliers and a stage 2 kit with the tubular UCA's ordered through a contact at Icon. My stage one guy says any day now but I am going to end up canceling it and wait for the stage 2. I tried reaching out to my contact at Icon but it looks like they are all at an event in Utah this week.
I called Icon yesterday and they said two weeks.

LewisLegacy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase

earsmccoy

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, this echoes what I heard.

Untitled.png
I just received the same email today,

"Ranger kits are estimated to be shipping early May. As we get closer I will be able to provide a more accurate ETA for you.
Thank you."

Randy2400h

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Sport FX4, 2015 Ford Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I just received the same email today,

"Ranger kits are estimated to be shipping early May. As we get closer I will be able to provide a more accurate ETA for you.
Thank you."
Finally...