Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat CC Black FX2 (Wife's), 2017 Rubicon 2d
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
Forscan has a lot of service tools that do not require changing any of the computer settings. I know there are some issues with modifying the settings before you tune but, I think you are okay to do it afterwards. Someone can confirm.
The brake purge is just a service procedure you can activate with the program.
OK, thank you! Maybe someone will chime in? My pedal is very firm and brakes feel awesome! I've heard about the Forscan, but never pursued one?
Sponsored

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
OK, thank you! Maybe someone will chime in? My pedal is very firm and brakes feel awesome! I've heard about the Forscan, but never pursued one?
There are plenty of tweaks that can be made for your personal preferences. When I got my copy first thing I did was backup every module readout in to to a file. Now I have a complete set of factory delivered settings. If anything were to go sideways I can start from scratch again.

Now to the changes, lots of little ones that there are no other ways to get at. For instance, piped in motor sound through stereo. Or turn off ASS permanent instead to hitting the button every start. The list goes on. Whole sticky on here about what you can do.

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat CC Black FX2 (Wife's), 2017 Rubicon 2d
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
There are plenty of tweaks that can be made for your personal preferences. When I got my copy first thing I did was backup every module readout in to to a file. Now I have a complete set of factory delivered settings. If anything were to go sideways I can start from scratch again.

Now to the changes, lots of little ones that there are no other ways to get at. For instance, piped in motor sound through stereo. Or turn off ASS permanent instead to hitting the button every start. The list goes on. Whole sticky on here about what you can do.
I have a 5-Star tune with my SCT BDX tuner and ASS is already off through it. I don't think I have "piped" in engine sound through my speakers though, as I have a muffler delete, along with a vent to atmosphere BOV, which are both pretty loud, but if it does have the engine sounds through the speaker, such as the V6 Raptor, (where all the grown men in this world, thought they all had V8's, LOL!), I'd like to disable it and see if it sounds different?

OP
OP
airish1531

airish1531

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT sport 4x4
Occupation
Auto damage inspector
Vehicle Showcase
I have your exact truck with almost 2000 miles. Brakes are not spongy in this truck, although they were in my '19 Ranger.

If your brake pedal truly went to the floor, you have a problem and need to have it fixed before driving it anymore. I'd be inclined to tell the dealer to come and get it.

I do auto inspections for a living i am in a ton of cars and trucks. My 2019 had a harder pedal out of the factory. Ford rushed the build on this truck cut a lot of corners Gaps in doors etc. Dealer had truck agreed that ford is having issues with brakes in rangers. they did a quick fix it is better. Needless to say this my 4th ford ranger and i am disappointed.

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
I do auto inspections for a living i am in a ton of cars and trucks. My 2019 had a harder pedal out of the factory. Ford rushed the build on this truck cut a lot of corners Gaps in doors etc. Dealer had truck agreed that ford is having issues with brakes in rangers. they did a quick fix it is better. Needless to say this my 4th ford ranger and i am disappointed.
You realize I'm not throwing rocks at you, right?
I'm only saying my experience in the same model truck as yours is different, and that if I had your problem I would have the dealer come get the truck because that's a safety issue for me.
Brake pedal to the floor??
No, thank you! Not driving that.

JTDay

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazdaspeed3, M3
Occupation
EHS
Mine are mushy and I can easily push the pedal to the floor while stopped but they work fine.

Reactions: Doc

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat - 2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
My 2021 had a very spongey pedal feel. I did the Forscan ABS bleed/purge and it was night and day.
Worth the $30 for the cable and ten minutes of time.
You folks are schooling me on Forscan for the brake bleed. I'm a Forscan power user and did not know about this.....hmmmm. Must do some reading...Thanks!
Not sure I really need to mess with this but I want to check it out all the same.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
You folks are schooling me on Forscan for the brake bleed. I'm a Forscan power user and did not know about this.....hmmmm. Must do some reading...Thanks!
Not sure I really need to mess with this but I want to check it out all the same.
Trust us, you’ll be amazed at the difference. Just don’t freak out! Lmao

OP
OP
airish1531

airish1531

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Auto damage inspector
Vehicle Showcase
You realize I'm not throwing rocks at you, right?
I'm only saying my experience in the same model truck as yours is different, and that if I had your problem I would have the dealer come get the truck because that's a safety issue for me.
Brake pedal to the floor??
No, thank you! Not driving that.
Yes Gotcha.. Ford rushed a lot of orders i can tell mine was rushed. When you buy something pay attention to the PDI pre delivery inspection.. no worries

OP
OP
airish1531

airish1531

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Auto damage inspector
Vehicle Showcase
Mine are mushy and I can easily push the pedal to the floor while stopped but they work fine.

As per the ranger 5g members feedback the Forscan method works... I appreciate all who recommend it.

Muffin1

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silver STX 4X4 SC
Just to be clear i would need a Windows lap top computer ? (which i don't have)
I do have a Windows desktop & and Ipad.
Thanks.

Wytchdctr

First Name
Doug P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
Retired Military/HR Manager
Just to be clear i would need a Windows lap top computer ? (which i don't have)
I do have a Windows desktop & and Ipad.
Thanks.
They make it for iOS and it connects via a bluetooth OBD connector

but it's not exactly the same. The link below shows what it can and can't do compared to a windows laptop with a cable.

https://forscan.org/comparsion.html

wetidlerjr

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger XLT, SCrew, FX4, Shadow Blk, Blk App Pkg
Occupation
Retired Railroad Construction Signalman
My brakes are fine (less than 4000 mi) and they have never "went to the floor."
:cool: