First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford ranger xlt
Occupation
Road maintenance county
If I understand this correctly,if I put the transmission in “s” it will shift on its own correct?can I leave it there for everyday driving?
im new with all this technology,sorry!
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
If I understand this correctly,if I put the transmission in “s” it will shift on its own correct?can I leave it there for everyday driving?
Yes it will shift on its own but if you hit the +/- button on the side of the shifter (in S) you now have to manually shift it with those buttons. If you want to go back into auto just hold either button for few seconds and it defaults back to auto shift in S. You can also shift into D at any time, you don't have to be at a stop to do this.

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
As an example, you can use D normally, but the hills by letting off throttle and slip into S and pull the hills with gusto. Once done, just push back into D.

Last edited:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
As an exampke, you can use D normally, but the hills by letting off throttle and slip into A and pull the hills with gusto. Once done, just push back into D.
Terry, you'd better edit your post. The poor guy is going to be looking for A mode all night! :LOL:

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Terry, you'd better edit your post. The poor guy is going to be looking for A mode all night! :LOL:
Seems like autosomal grammar correct thought I should have an A rather than S...or fat fingers, I blame auto....?.
Sponsored