Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Self-Employed
Hey Guys,

Figured I would share some photos of my new build. I am absolutely loving the truck and have been scouring these blogs for the useful information on these forums. Here are some pictures of the rig as it stands today.

I am running all Front Runner Outfitters stuff on the exterior.

BTW, that roof rack is new to the US as of a few weeks ago. So far I am a huge fan.

DSC06702.jpg

DSC06365.jpg

DSC06651.jpg

DSC06693.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Dirt_Discoveries
First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Self-Employed
A few more details here. I will continue to post and update my build progress.

Here is the Huracan Fab rear tailgate storage solution and a seat delete I built for the rear seats. I will be building removable storage modules.

IMG_0126.jpg

IMG_0387.jpg

IMG_0405.PNG

MIBuckeye

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Love the build. I've got a tremor build going slowly toward what you've got here...struggling with the bed setup a little. Would love your thoughts on how you landed on your current setup. I've currently got the bed Deckd drawers and some custom bike mounts that are quickly attached to the Core Trax that are mounted on the Deckd surface...also have a Du-Ha storage box that mounts to the Deckd surface too. Pretty flexible right now but looking at adding a tent setup. Don't want it on the truck because I want to setup and leave without packing up...so logic has pushed us toward a trailer like yours. Did you look at other brands, Off Grid, etc...?

Also see you have the Packout box...also looking at those but no real OEM way to secure them down to the bed or the mounting plate without hacking them all up....

Sorry for all the questions, just excited by some of the options you have implemented.

Reactions: Doc

Pinski66

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
Hey Guys,

Figured I would share some photos of my new build. I am absolutely loving the truck and have been scouring these blogs for the useful information on these forums. Here are some pictures of the rig as it stands today.

I am running all Front Runner Outfitters stuff on the exterior.

BTW, that roof rack is new to the US as of a few weeks ago. So far I am a huge fan.

DSC06702.jpg

DSC06365.jpg

DSC06651.jpg

DSC06693.jpg
What mounts and lights are you using on the front bumper ?

OP
OP
Dirt_Discoveries
First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Self-Employed
I want more info how you mounted those Baja lights and on the roof rack!
If I understand what you are asking, are you talking about the grab handles that double as lights? Those are actually a product from frontrunner for the slimsport rack.

If you are talking about the front lights, I used a straight bracket from something I had laying around and I found two holes in the steel bumper just in that slot between the bumper and front fascia. It was luck but it actually is stronger than any bracket I have used before!

OP
OP
Dirt_Discoveries
First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Self-Employed
What mounts and lights are you using on the front bumper ?
The lights are the Baja Designs LP6s and I happened to find two holes in the bumper. I used an old straight plate I found lying around and it actually worked to bolt it on. No disassembly required! and they are pretty dang rigid.

OP
OP
Dirt_Discoveries
First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Self-Employed
Love the build. I've got a tremor build going slowly toward what you've got here...struggling with the bed setup a little. Would love your thoughts on how you landed on your current setup. I've currently got the bed Deckd drawers and some custom bike mounts that are quickly attached to the Core Trax that are mounted on the Deckd surface...also have a Du-Ha storage box that mounts to the Deckd surface too. Pretty flexible right now but looking at adding a tent setup. Don't want it on the truck because I want to setup and leave without packing up...so logic has pushed us toward a trailer like yours. Did you look at other brands, Off Grid, etc...?

Also see you have the Packout box...also looking at those but no real OEM way to secure them down to the bed or the mounting plate without hacking them all up....

Sorry for all the questions, just excited by some of the options you have implemented.
Sounds like you have a good baseline.

I like the slimsport rack because it is super low profile and has a ridiculous static load. You can stand on a single crossmember and not flex almost at all. I also like the grab handles on the side because they have integrated lights on them. I can post more photos of how I actually wired through the roof and in to the cab for the switch.

You hit is spot on about having a trailer. It can be a pain to reverse, turn around, and go up really technical stuff, but I love that I can leave camp set up and go in to town or on a late night run on a trail. Plus I have tons of room in the cab and my camping setup is as easy as food in the fridge, water in the tank and go!

I looked at a few trailers, mainly the turtelback trailer which I have and the Patriot campers. I also looked at Bruder, xpedition trailers, and a few other sleep ins. I went with Turtleback because their quality is insane and I can get it serviced by them in the US. Not so with Patriot. Turtleback also has a really cool team and awesome culture. They do group trips frequently.

If you want sleep in go with xpedition. It is a new trailer, but I spent a lot of time analyzing it to see if I wanted to make the change. Incredible experience from the company in other fab stuff. It just didn't work out for the budget and I just spent 5K on a new RTT

As for the packout boxes, I just use Frontrunners strachett to secure them with some hoop things. I dont know what they are called haha.

Pinski66

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
The lights are the Baja Designs LP6s and I happened to find two holes in the bumper. I used an old straight plate I found lying around and it actually worked to bolt it on. No disassembly required! and they are pretty dang rigid.
Thanks for the reply. i was thinking that would be a great place to mount up some lights!

lil doopahead

First Name
Dommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Holy !&($ that is something to strive for. Just out of curiosity, I've never seen anything like it-- what on Earth is that trailer set-up? Looks wicked

FlyingMonkey435

First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Trapper
If you want sleep in go with xpedition. It is a new trailer, but I spent a lot of time analyzing it to see if I wanted to make the change. Incredible experience from the company in other fab stuff. It just didn't work out for the budget and I just spent 5K on a new RTT.
I’ve narrowed my trailer selection down to Xpedition and Boreas. I’m going to rent both from XGRiD Campers out of Vegas and see which I like best. Feeling pretty confident that Xpedition is the way to go, but the chassis and suspension on the Boreas appear to be bomber.

OP
OP
Dirt_Discoveries
First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Self-Employed
What are the advantages of Front Runner’s SlimSport over the SlimLine roof racks?
The slimsport is much lower profile than the slimline ii rack. I assume that the wind noise on the slimline ii is much greater than the slimsport rack. It still has a lot of useful load, but its just closer to the cab.
Sponsored