My 2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor Carbonized Gray finally came in!

Craftsman

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Carbonized Gray
Occupation
Furniture Maker
Looks fantastic. Just paced my order this morning. Lariat, Carbonized Grey, FX4, 501A, tow package , spray in bed liner. Build date: 19 weeks out?
Sponsored

Turbo Tim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Sales
I was looking at a white, black and CO one, then I happened upon the carbonized gray at a dealership, and it just spoke to me. I like the subtle gray murdered out look and the contrast between the carbonized gray and the magnetic gray is awesome especially with the wheels.

OP
OP

Sevro

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
How long did you have your Taco for & reasons why u left....

Congrats.

?
My 2018 (bought new in 2018) Tacoma TRD Off-road just didn't have the power I really wanted when pressing the pedal down. Since I live in Colorado, it struggled to get up big hills and gear-hunted a lot (common thing with 3rd gen tacomas). I got it regeared and did a tune on it but it still was struggling. Also, it didn't have the premium audio system so I had to get them updated. No heated seats and no remote start. I added a custom grille on it but it threw off my front sensor so I still needed to get it recalibrated.

However, I took it off-road a bunch of times and it performed amazing but I still wanted the smooth drive, amazing sound system and some luxury stuff all while being off-road capable. My friend let me drive his Ranger Tremor and just instantly fell in love. That 10-speed turbo-charged engine rocks! I definitely enjoy driving it every day.

Tacomas have that army green color though.....definitely love that look but the Tremor came with everything I wanted right off the dealership so I was happy. Also, the dealership gave me more money for my Tacoma than I initially paid for it so that was a plus.

Hope that helps!

Zvedza

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '04 SVT Lightning, '16 ZX-10R
Very nice, was debating grey or velocity blue, but felt the magnetic grey stuck out better with the blue.
However, grey has a nice stealth fighter look to it.
I just wish the Lariat retained the XL/XLTs Dash, do not care for the Lariats version, just too bad ford puts all the other goodies with the Lariat.

OP
OP

Sevro

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Truck looks great, man! Let us know how you like the ride--a lot of members are on the fence about whether to go with FX4 or Tremor next time around....
I honestly haven't driven an FX4 but damn I love the Tremor ride!

ranger-rick-roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
By the end of the first week of getting mine, I had spent slightly over a grand on spray bed liner and Weather Tech stuff, and some odds n ends. Still have to get a tonneau cover, hitch equipment and brake control for upcoming camper purchase. Maybe upgrade the rear shocks, and a rear sway bar.
IT JUST NEVER ENDS !!!
Let your journey begin !!!
What a great purchase! I’m partial because mine is identical ;)

Curious as to why you are looking to upgrade the rear shocks? These are the fanciest rear shocks I’ve ever had with the remote reservoirs and I think they’re great!

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
What a great purchase! I’m partial because mine is identical ;)

Curious as to why you are looking to upgrade the rear shocks? These are the fanciest rear shocks I’ve ever had with the remote reservoirs and I think they’re great!
Mine's not a Tremor...just a 2 wheel drive. Not going to upgrade shocks right away...will see how it rides with OE shocks, towing a travel trailer, 6500 lbs with 600 lbs tongue weight. Some members who have been towing have changed to a rear set of Bilsteins which has apparently firmed up the rear end under load.
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc