Desert_5G

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
has anyone taken photos on the modification necessary to the crash bar? or how if possible to adjust/shorten it?

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
I just went through the entire 22 pages of suspension/lift kit thread and to the best of my understanding, the only thing getting in the way of stuffing a 285/70-17 into the front wheel well (and turning) are two things: 1-wheel offset/backspacing and 2-the crash beams. I'm guessing that even without a leveling or lift kit installed, I should be able to run my +20 offset, 5+ backspacing without a problem AFTER I remove the crash beams. Would it be logical to assume that this would be true regardless of ride height as the tire travel envelope would be the same whether the truck is at stock height or lifted? I'm not referring to complete suspension lift (body lift) of course.

If Ford's tracker is right, I'll know in roughly 18 days:fingerscrossed::like:

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
has anyone taken photos on the modification necessary to the crash bar? or how if possible to adjust/shorten it?
Based on Ready lift's modified beams, I think the stock beam can be cut similarly. The back piece might just be omitted in my case. But don't do as I do...I'm the kinda guy who replaces his airbag steering wheel for a proper 3 spoke racing wheel and a set of racing harness lol...

fts22296-kit.jpg

skibuff

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Escape / 2019 Ford Ranger XLT Lighting Blue
I can confirm the 265/70-17 Cooper AT3s fit an FX4 with zero issues:

Huge improvement. Very impressed with the truck's capabilities on those tires.
Did you adjust your speedo?

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Explorer Sport
I just went through the entire 22 pages of suspension/lift kit thread and to the best of my understanding, the only thing getting in the way of stuffing a 285/70-17 into the front wheel well (and turning) are two things: 1-wheel offset/backspacing and 2-the crash beams. I'm guessing that even without a leveling or lift kit installed, I should be able to run my +20 offset, 5+ backspacing without a problem AFTER I remove the crash beams. Would it be logical to assume that this would be true regardless of ride height as the tire travel envelope would be the same whether the truck is at stock height or lifted? I'm not referring to complete suspension lift (body lift) of course.

If Ford's tracker is right, I'll know in roughly 18 days:fingerscrossed::like:
Iā€™m dying to know as well. I have wheels and tires just sitting here until my Icon setup comes sometime in a month. Iā€™d love to mount these now if itā€™s really just crash bars.

Wes Siler

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WesSiler.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2020 Toyota Land Cruiser
Occupation
Writer
Did you adjust your speedo?
Nah. I'm planning a new suspension setup and much larger tires this summer, so will have the speed adjusted then. The speed differences on this size aren't big enough to be worth it.

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well I decided to go ahead and pull the trigger on the Fabtech crash bards today. Once I get those, I'll pull the trigger and try to squeeze my 285-70 17's in there with stock height. I can't look at these wheels for any longer while I wait for my Icon lift to come.

Wes Siler

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WesSiler.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2020 Toyota Land Cruiser
Occupation
Writer
Well I decided to go ahead and pull the trigger on the Fabtech crash bards today. Once I get those, I'll pull the trigger and try to squeeze my 285-70 17's in there with stock height. I can't look at these wheels for any longer while I wait for my Icon lift to come.
You'll definitely need spacers, or wheels with more offset.

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know, I purchased Fuel Shoks at +20. They only rub at the rear at full lock, otherwise, no issues whatsoever at stock height. These are BFG KO2s at 285-70 17. Yes, I did remove the crash bars and the front brow.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I know, I purchased Fuel Shoks at +20. They only rub at the rear at full lock, otherwise, no issues whatsoever at stock height. These are BFG KO2s at 285-70 17. Yes, I did remove the crash bars and the front brow.
I have the same wheels. Did you remove or trim any of the beams?

More pics please:clap::clap::clap:

Last edited:

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the same wheels. Did you remove or trim any of the beams?
Do you mean the crash bars (guess they are technically called beams)? If so, yes I removed them.

Reactions: Doc

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Do you mean the crash bars (guess they are technically called beams)? If so, yes I removed them.
Cool...Did you have to remove the bumpers?

Reactions: Doc