First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 honda civic hatchback CVT 2017 ram cummins
Occupation
Farmer
So I was able to pick up a factory set of wheels and tires from a different model Ranger for about six hundred bucks nearly brand new.
My main reason for wanting more of a Road tire setup was due to the fact that I live on a gravel road and the stock Tremor tires collect way too much Rock, fairly big ones at that, and start chucking them everywhere as soon as you get on the highway. Since most of the time I don't need an aggressive Tire I decided to try these other tires. What I end up with is a factory 18in gloss black wheel with the factory Hancock Dynapro ATM.
It comes in a 265/60r18 which is a bit shorter by about an inch and to my surprise also the wheels come with a different offset by about an inch or so. I can't remember which way is which but the factory Tremor Wheels stick out roughly about an inch more then the black ones and most likely an inch more than any of the other Ranger Wheels.
Weight difference between each Wheel and Tire is 3.5 lbs.
Was actually expecting more of a difference.
I would like to Dismount the tires and figure out the weight difference between the wheels as I would assume these black 18-in wheels probably way more then the gray 17 inch wheels found on the tremor.
I'd bet the dynapro atm is quite a bit lighter then the General grappler atx which has most here know is a 265/70r17.
Just trying them out for now to see how they perform compared to the tremor wheel and tire set up.
Take off feel is better and seems like a may get about 2 or so better mpg, but we'll see.

DSC_1429.JPG

DSC_1427.JPG

DSC_1425.JPG
Sponsored

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
The tire spec info from www.tiresize.com is usually pretty reliable.

CDE518D9-BB87-49CB-AEE8-AE7DF4749564.jpeg

6CBEE261-B886-4587-AE72-907E9B87D13D.jpeg

If you have the part numbers for your wheels, I’m sure you could likely find the exact specs online.

OP
OP

cbull

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Farmer
The tire spec info from www.tiresize.com is usually pretty reliable.

CDE518D9-BB87-49CB-AEE8-AE7DF4749564.jpeg

6CBEE261-B886-4587-AE72-907E9B87D13D.jpeg

If you have the part numbers for your wheels, I’m sure you could likely find the exact specs online.
I would be very interested to know what these wheels weigh, I'm betting the 18s have a good bit more weight to them.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP

cbull

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Farmer
Good idea, got parts coming this week from them.
Brake controller and FP tuner.
I'll give him a shout.

TORQUERULES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
The Ranger Raptor wheels, which are what the Tremor uses, are:

17" x 8.5" wide
6 lug, 139.7 mm bolt circle
55 mm offset
177.5 mm backspacing

So while they are 1" smaller in diameter, they are also .5" wider. Same offset. This is why they stick out more than the stock 18" wheels with the same offset as the stock 18" wheels are 8" wide with a 55mm offset.

As for weight, I bet it is a wash between the two.

It is nice to see how they compare to the stock Tremor wheels as these are the same wheels as mine and I am debating going with a more aggressive 265/60/18 tire to keep my gear ratio and performance intact (watching the weight of the tires of course) or go with a taller (same height as the Tremor tires) 265/65/18 tire.

OP
OP

cbull

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Farmer
The Ranger Raptor wheels, which are what the Tremor uses, are:

17" x 8.5" wide
6 lug, 139.7 mm bolt circle
55 mm offset
177.5 mm backspacing

So while they are 1" smaller in diameter, they are also .5" wider. Same offset. This is why they stick out more than the stock 18" wheels with the same offset as the stock 18" wheels are 8" wide with a 55mm offset.

As for weight, I bet it is a wash between the two.

It is nice to see how they compare to the stock Tremor wheels as these are the same wheels as mine and I am debating going with a more aggressive 265/60/18 tire to keep my gear ratio and performance intact (watching the weight of the tires of course) or go with a taller (same height as the Tremor tires) 265/65/18 tire.
At some point I will Dismount the tires to get an exact weight on the wheels, something I'd be curious to know. I didn't realize that the Tremor Wheels were any wider, that's good to know thanks for that. But the offset has got to be different because they stick out more than a half an inch then these black wheels. Also if you look at the Hub part of the wheel there is about an inch difference in the inside between two which would suggest that the Tremor Wheels do indeed have a different offset, if I'm correct it would be a negative offset. I'm going to have to relook at this again and double-check everything as best I can, but I'm almost certain that the Tremor Wheels stick out more than a half an inch which would mean there is a different offset, more then just a half an inch wider wheel.

TORQUERULES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
At some point I will Dismount the tires to get an exact weight on the wheels, something I'd be curious to know. I didn't realize that the Tremor Wheels were any wider, that's good to know thanks for that. But the offset has got to be different because they stick out more than a half an inch then these black wheels. Also if you look at the Hub part of the wheel there is about an inch difference in the inside between two which would suggest that the Tremor Wheels do indeed have a different offset, if I'm correct it would be a negative offset. I'm going to have to relook at this again and double-check everything as best I can, but I'm almost certain that the Tremor Wheels stick out more than a half an inch which would mean there is a different offset, more then just a half an inch wider wheel.
I used the specs for the Raptor wheels sold by Ford Performance. The Tremor could indeed have a different offset and be specific in that area. Maybe that is why the Tremor has slightly wider flares.

TORQUERULES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
So have you measured the height difference front vs rear on the Tremor? I wonder if they leveled it, or it still has a slight rake. In your pics it looks like it is raked a little, but not as much as an FX4. Maybe they did 2"?

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
I live on a gravel road and the stock Tremor tires collect way too much Rock, fairly big ones at that, and start chucking them everywhere as soon as you get on the highway.
I had the same problem with BFG TKO's. Those just love to hurl road base aggregate.

OP
OP

cbull

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Farmer
So have you measured the height difference front vs rear on the Tremor? I wonder if they leveled it, or it still has a slight rake. In your pics it looks like it is raked a little, but not as much as an FX4. Maybe they did 2"?
There is still a pretty significant rake to even the tremor, I measured about a two and a half inch difference.

OP
OP

cbull

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Farmer
I had the same problem with BFG TKO's. Those just love to hurl road base aggregate.
Yes they do. Definitely not a good off road tire if your in lots of gravel.
There are some fairly aggressive all-terrain tires out there that are supposed to be designed in a way that they don't collect rocks as bad and or they eject them really easy rather than wait till you get to high speeds. But I didn't want to spend hundreds of dollars and find out they pretty much do the same thing. So a good offroad-road tire Cross seems to be the best option. Best option may be two sets of wheels and tires, just depends on what a guy does with the truck I suppose.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Yes they do. Definitely not a good off road tire if your in lots of gravel.
There are some fairly aggressive all-terrain tires out there that are supposed to be designed in a way that they don't collect rocks as bad and or they eject them really easy rather than wait till you get to high speeds. But I didn't want to spend hundreds of dollars and find out they pretty much do the same thing. So a good offroad-road tire Cross seems to be the best option. Best option may be two sets of wheels and tires, just depends on what a guy does with the truck I suppose.
The Hankook ATM's have served us well. We had a set on my 02 Tacoma TRD that I ran for 57,000 miles. Snow, hail, ice, rain I never had any problems.

Only thing I've found is you have to rotate them every 4,000 miles or they'll start talking to you. Which isn't a big deal now since we change the oil on our Ranger every 4,000 miles too.

Update 2021-10-17

The Factory OEM Hankook's on our Ranger are cupping on the inside. Truck has 20,000 miles and tires have been rotated every 4,000 miles.​
Anybody else experiencing this?​

001.JPG

002.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP

cbull

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Farmer
The Hankook ATM's have served us well. We had a set on my 02 Tacoma TRD that I ran for 57,000 miles. Snow, hail, ice, rain I never had any problems.

Only thing I've found is you have to rotate them every 4,000 miles or they'll start talking to you. Which isn't a big deal now since we change the oil on our Ranger every 4,000 miles too.
That's actually the tire I'm pretty set on getting although I think it's now called at2 or ATM2. After looking at a lot of different tires, their height width and weight I think the hankook's are probably my best bet in a 265 70 17.
If there was an option to go to a 265 75 17 I would do that but I don't see that size available. It seems like the next size in most tires is at 285, and I'm afraid that I'll have to do something with the crash bars in order to fit 33 or close to it. And then of course I might lose little bit a get-up-and-go and fuel mileage. For the most part I prefer power and performance over fuel mileage but I have to admit I do like having a four-wheel drive pickup that gets over 20 miles per gallon on a regular basis.
A bigger and heavier Tire will definitely lower that number.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman

I've only driven the Dynapros through roughly half a winter. I've found their deep snow performance to be absolute garbage. Wasn't impressed by how they handled ice either. Lucky for them I'm cheap so they'll stay around until I kill them a bit more.
Sponsored