Tremor tire pressure

Trustable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
I never took mine off road with the stock tires. I saw a few members who has punctured their sidewall just doing some light off roading so I changed mine out at 1000 miles. I think if you're just doing something less rocky you're good. Rob @RedlandRanger still has the stock tires and does a lot of fire roads with his without any issues.
Okay nice, good to know. Not many rocks in Michigan that I know off just dirt, mud, and sand. I wonder since I got the LT tires if that will help as well. Thanks!
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Gravel roads are fine - I've never had issues there, however I've not had good luck with them in either mud (they load up too quickly) or snow (kind of the same). I'd love to replace them but I'm too cheap to replace good rubber.
It killed me to replace perfectly good tires with only 1,000 miles on them. I did sell the stock ones for $325.00 so that took the sting out of it a bit. Being out here in the desert was the last place I wanted to pop a tire, not that it still cant happen but I felt more comfortable changing them out.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Okay nice, good to know. Not many rocks in Michigan that I know off just dirt, mud, and sand. I wonder since I got the LT tires if that will help as well. Thanks!
One thing to keep in mind is off roading isn't a race. Just take it slow and keep an eye out ahead of you. It helps to have a good spotter, not like my gf who's usually pre-occupied on her phone. :facepalm: Sometimes people try and go way to fast and that's where you can get into trouble especially on unfamiliar trails. Also play around with the terrain modes, they really work well.

Trustable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
One thing to keep in mind is off roading isn't a race. Just take it slow and keep an eye out ahead of you. It helps to have a good spotter, not like my gf who's usually pre-occupied on her phone. :facepalm: Sometimes people try and go way to fast and that's where you can get into trouble especially on unfamiliar trails. Also play around with the terrain modes, they really work well.
Thanks for the tips! I will keep that in mind and make sure to bring someone along at least for the first few times. There's some loops up north I was looking at nothing to serious, and lots of fire roads and power line trails up there as well. Probably will start with those.

awd.nv

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers
Those washboards are a teeth rattler for sure! Sometimes even airing down isn't enough and a better shock like a Bilstein really helps.

Easy solution. Drop them off with the travel trailer and go out wheeling. lol :crackup:
Did an easy trail in Parker, AZ near the campground, just brought them with me :) Man, can't remember the name now but there was a lot of rock art there. So, we do some exploring but my wife doesn't like too many climbs or drops so when she is around I am a bit limited.

100% this

That said, if I damage a tire I will gladly put Ridgegrapplers on the Ranger too haha. So far I have enjoyed the tires on trails. I can't wait to try them at Sand Hallow Park, UT. That powder sand will determine if I keep them till they are worn. The Ridgegrapplers on the Pilot had no issues doing to and from the water so I hope the Generals do good too.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Did an easy trail in Parker, AZ near the campground, just brought them with me :) Man, can't remember the name now but there was a lot of rock art there. So, we do some exploring but my wife doesn't like too many climbs or drops so when she is around I am a bit limited.

100% this

That said, if I damage a tire I will gladly put Ridgegrapplers on the Ranger too haha. So far I have enjoyed the tires on trails. I can't wait to try them at Sand Hallow Park, UT. That powder sand will determine if I keep them till they are worn. The Ridgegrapplers on the Pilot had no issues doing to and from the water so I hope the Generals do good too.
We were in UT last October and I wanted to go the Sand Hollow Park but ran out of time. We stayed in Springdale at the entrance to Zion and if you're ever out that way check out Toquerville Falls. It's a waterfall out in the middle of nowhere and a nice off road trail to get there. I have the directions put away somewhere but I think there was directions on Tripadvisor in the comment section. This is a must trip as it's rare to find this in the middle of the desert.

IMG_2948.JPG

IMG_2950.JPG

IMG_2957.JPG

awd.nv

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers
haha we were just in Springdale last weekend and went into Zion for light trails with our boys. Toquerville Falls is on my to-do list for sure. I would love to camp out there once it cools off.

We were backed against the River at this spot which was nice.

(sorry for getting off topic)

PXL_20210614_132147843.jpg

PXL_20210614_132225935.jpg

PXL_20210614_132312309.jpg

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
haha we were just in Springdale last weekend and went into Zion for light trails with our boys. Toquerville Falls is on my to-do list for sure. I would love to camp out there once it cools off.

We were backed against the River at this spot which was nice.

(sorry for getting off topic)

PXL_20210614_132147843.jpg

PXL_20210614_132225935.jpg

PXL_20210614_132312309.jpg
That's funny I think I know exactly where that picture was taken. There's a walking trail right near there that runs along the river into Zion and we walked that one morning. There were people camping where you were and scattered along some more remote areas in small tents. I said to my gf I wouldn't want to be out here in these remote areas, someone could come and kill you and no one would ever know". :shock:

HMG03

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor, 05/06 ZX6R 636 Stunt Bike
Occupation
Firefighter
I run the stock Generals at 40 PSI. But they are rated for a max of 50. The H/T’s are set to 36 as per the manufacturer.

bRaptor

First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT tremor
Does anyone have experience with nitrofill? I would like to air down like I did in my 2012 f150 to 35-37 psi.

Fitzmotor

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 75 crewcab F350, 65 Mustang
Occupation
Retired from Honda Racing.
I run 38 psi, smoother ride than the 44 psi it came with.

bentroia

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Logistics
The recommended 39 is compliant controlled and quiet on my Tremor.

Why the FEAR over getting a flat? The truck has a brand new full size spare under the bed.

These trucks are generally too long and wide with low breakover approach and departure angles to drive technical rocky terrain. Mine takes alot of manuevering and some grinding just to get around a tight rocky steep uphill 180 switchback simply because of the wheelbase and lack of articulation.

I suppose we could run indestructable E rated off road tires for peace of mind, our teeth could rattle out riding to and from the dirt, we can drop the pressure to 10 to make em tolerable there, then tear the sheetmetal and bumpers off in rocky technical terrain all without getting a flat. Not to mention a significant drop in mpg.

Call me dense. I just dont get WHY..

erty176

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Designer
Mine are 37 cold ATM but that's very cold being 4 degrees currently. When it warms up I might need to adjust. When it's real snowy I'll let some out down to about 32. Noticed it gets louder and a bit squishier of a ride at that PSI. Been off-road at about 22 psi bombing around before and never had an issue.

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
Does anyone have experience with nitrofill? I would like to air down like I did in my 2012 f150 to 35-37 psi.
Waste of money. The claim is nitrogen will leak out slower than air, even if it does it is not significant. They also claim nitrogen will not change pressure as much with temperature changes, the air from the corner gas station is already 80% nitrogen so it would only be significant if you were racing. They also claim that because the nitrogen does not contain moisture your rims will not corrode internally causing leaks. In my 50 years of driving I have never seen a rim that corroded from the inside, it has always been from the outside in.