New Truck, New Member...Allow myself to introduce....myself.

OP
OP
Snow3d

Snow3d

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat, 2007 Subaru Forester XT
Occupation
Human
Nice truck! Nothing wrong with a Ubu. Wife has one for a company car and it saved our asses one fine day last Feb. Not a scratch. I felt a little like Martina Navratilova the first time I drove it, but that feeling quickly passes.
1614617765688.png
I've seen a few picture like that along with the same story as yours. Hope I never have to test the crash rating of my Forester. As to feeling a bit lady like behind the wheel...and this isn't a bag on the lesbian crowd, but Subaru did run a campaign a few years back marketing the Forester specifically to that persuasion. However, a bigger turbo does tend to make one feel a bit less feminine. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Sponsored

Ranger_Pawl

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Supercab
Occupation
- Draftsman
Hey hey, just picked up my truck two days ago and want to join the gang. Hope that's cool. I already posted a few times while doing pre-buying research, but this is the official official first post. I usually hang with the Subaru crowd, and I love my Forester, don't hate. I have to have a truck for work and Subaru doesn't make one....anymore...and I mean the BRAT not the Baja....So Ford gets my money. I downsized from a 2014 F150 FX4 to get the Ranger.

I scooped up a 21 Lariat FX4 Black Appearance Package, that I also had spec'd with the Level 2 Performance package and the Sport exhaust form Ford. Pretty much a Tremor without the graphics....and no waiting. Unfortunately, the performance tune is not ready for the 21s yet. Pretty big disappointment there as I didn't find that out until after I rolled the package into the financing. Hopefully it won't take too long for the folks at CARB to certify the tune...it's not going to take me too long to get through 1000 miles.

FYI, my dealer had no idea about this particular fact (or the Performance Package in general) and Ford Performance seemed angry when I asked them about it. I suspect they know they jumped the shark on this a bit. Then again, it was via email and it can be hard to judge tone. However, Livernois Motorsport does support tuning for the 2021s in case you were wondering....I talked with them as well. So at least there is a plan B if the wait becomes extended.

Anyhow, I love the Ranger. I suspect it will be even better after I can upload the extra horses and torques. And I'm out. Pics below:
tempImagecABJ6H.jpg
tempImaged9t2Zd.jpg
For some unknown reason, I really like your truck. :) Other than super vs crew, we're pretty similar. I'll be watching for you cruising around the mitten. Paul

OP
OP
Snow3d

Snow3d

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Human
For some unknown reason, I really like your truck. :) Other than super vs crew, we're pretty similar. I'll be watching for you cruising around the mitten. Paul
Funny, just notice your profile pic. Top be honest, I really wanted the roll bar but, I had to settle for a ladder rack....more pics coming after the company log gets plastered on the truck.

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
Nice. Recovering Sub owner. Sold my Outback when I bought the Ranger. Actually, I loved the Outback, just needed to transition to a truck before I retire.

I also once owned 2 Brats. Loved those little things. Like little tanks. Only problem was they ate themselves alive with rust.

Turbotom1052

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Screw
Occupation
Retired
Welcome Jason. Nice truck - I’m a fan of black on black on black.

Hanging with the Subaru crowd? What does that even mean - you guys crawl to the mall and meet for tea?

You may have bought your Ranger just in time.
Hangin with the Subaru crowd could mean that he lives in Vermont. Every other vehicle on the road up here is a Subaru. People look at you funny up here if you drive anything else!!!
To the OP... Good lookin rig and welcome to the forum. I just joined myself a couple of weeks ago and have been made to feel right at home!!!

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
System Admin
Anecdotal, but a former neighbor (RIP Patty) drove a sub, and used to live in Idaho. She said she often drove past jeeps stuck in the snow in her Outback. Take that for what it's worth.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Hangin with the Subaru crowd could mean that he lives in Vermont. Every other vehicle on the road up here is a Subaru. People look at you funny up here if you drive anything else!!!
To the OP... Good lookin rig and welcome to the forum. I just joined myself a couple of weeks ago and have been made to feel right at home!!!
Welcome Tom - I hope you get to enjoy your Ranger to the fullest now that Spring is here.

OP
OP
Snow3d

Snow3d

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Human
Thanks! Located in the mitten...north of Ann Arbor. Outbacks and Foresters are the conveyance of choice for the city folk. It used to be Volvos and Saabs but, Subaru has captured most of that market. Just a few miles north every third vehicle is a Ford truck of some stripe.

OP
OP
Snow3d

Snow3d

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Human
Anecdotal, but a former neighbor (RIP Patty) drove a sub, and used to live in Idaho. She said she often drove past jeeps stuck in the snow in her Outback. Take that for what it's worth.
I towed a Cherokee out of a ditch with my WRX wagon one snowy evening. Pretty satisfying. The AWD system on a Subie is no joke. Especially when paired with a set of Blizzaks...and three hundred horses under the hood. No disrespect to Jeep, I've owned a few. I'll likely never own another though. I test drove a Gladiator Mojave before I settled on the Ranger. Both of my business partners preferred the Jeep and, bought one each. While it is a sweet looking truck, I found the engine anemic and the interior wasn't too far evolved from my 97 TJ. It still feels like more of a weekender than a daily driver. Love my Ranger. Love my Subarus.

cbull

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 honda civic hatchback CVT 2017 ram cummins
Occupation
Farmer
Did you ever get your tune from Ford performance? I'm just about to get one, been told by 2 different dealers that the device and tune will work on my 21 ranger tremor.

OP
OP
Snow3d

Snow3d

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Human
Did you ever get your tune from Ford performance? I'm just about to get one, been told by 2 different dealers that the device and tune will work on my 21 ranger tremor.
I did not. I ended up going with the Livernois gig....I had ants in my pants. Go figure, three weeks later and now the Ford tune is available. Eh, I'm super happy with the LM tune so I'll stick with it.

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
System Admin
I towed a Cherokee out of a ditch with my WRX wagon one snowy evening. Pretty satisfying. The AWD system on a Subie is no joke. Especially when paired with a set of Blizzaks...and three hundred horses under the hood. No disrespect to Jeep, I've owned a few. I'll likely never own another though. I test drove a Gladiator Mojave before I settled on the Ranger. Both of my business partners preferred the Jeep and, bought one each. While it is a sweet looking truck, I found the engine anemic and the interior wasn't too far evolved from my 97 TJ. It still feels like more of a weekender than a daily driver. Love my Ranger. Love my Subarus.
Yep. From what I know and experienced, the subs are the shi*. Their AWD system is the bomb.

cbull

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 honda civic hatchback CVT 2017 ram cummins
Occupation
Farmer
I did not. I ended up going with the Livernois gig....I had ants in my pants. Go figure, three weeks later and now the Ford tune is available. Eh, I'm super happy with the LM tune so I'll stick with it.
Got a guy only a couple hours away that can dyno tune my truck, does really good work and seem to be very knowledgeable. Tuned my f150 with a 6.2, so really wanted to go that route but thought it would be cool to have a boost in power and not have any issues with warranty work. If not for the warranty I wouldn't even consider the Ford tune.
Sponsored