Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ranger5g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Hello,

I am interested in lifting my Tremor (once I get it lol), and was wondering what options I have without replacing the Fox 2.0.

I'm looking for front and rear, with maybe a slight level, so slightly more lift up front.

What kit(s) would I need, and who are the recommended manufacturers?

Thanks!
Sponsored

Steve23

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Software Engineer
If a level is all you want to get to then you need to lift the front ~ 3" for it to be dead level (For a non-tremor, I don't think the rake is as intense on a tremor). I went with Fox's adjustable coilovers (preloaded to 2.5" I adjusted to 3") and an Eibach block (will replace with some leafs later) in the rear so if I tow I'm not too nose up.

For 3" you have a lot of options and it depends on what you want to do. If its just for looks, then you can get a spacer kit (usually a few hundred bucks). If you're looking to actually use to the lift offroad then you want to go with some leveled struts or coilovers etc. Most common around here are:
- Fox
- Icon
- Blisten
- King
- Eibach
Or more extensive kits like Old Man Emu (talk to @Frenchy about that, I'm pretty sure he gets commission ;])

Theres a thread on here where people rate the stiffness/softness of the available kits. Probably in the suspension section.

So I guess also, why replace the Fox kit on there?

Last edited:

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
If a level is all you want to get to then you need to lift the front ~ 3" for it to be dead level (For a non-tremor, I don't think the rake is as intense on a tremor). I went with Fox's adjustable coilovers (preloaded to 2.5" I adjusted to 3") and an Eibach block (will replace with some leafs later) in the rear so if I tow I'm not too nose up.

For 3" you have a lot of options and it depends on what you want to do. If its just for looks, then you can get a spacer kit (usually a few hundred bucks). If you're looking to actually use to the lift offroad then you want to go with some leveled struts or coilovers etc. Most common around here are:
- Fox
- Icon
- Blisten
- King
- Eibach
Or more extensive kits like Old Man Emu (talk to @Frenchy about that, I'm pretty sure he gets commission ;])

Theres a thread on here where people rate the stiffness/softness of the available kits. Probably in the suspension section.

So I guess also, why replace the Fox kit on there?
One would think I do but i do not lol!!

Also the Tremor package comes from the Factory with the Fox 2.0 kit so therefore it already has a leveling kit on it.

Steve23

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Software Engineer
One would think I do but i do not lol!!

Also the Tremor package comes from the Factory with the Fox 2.0 kit so therefore it already has a leveling kit on it.
Alright yeah so I'm not sure why the OP wants to swap it

OP
OP
Bludrok

Bludrok

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ranger5g.com
Vehicle(s)
Alright yeah so I'm not sure why the OP wants to swap it
I do not want to swap it. I want to lift the truck a bit more than it is, without swapping the fox 2.0, so I am trying to figure out what my options are.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I do not want to swap it. I want to lift the truck a bit more than it is, without swapping the fox 2.0, so I am trying to figure out what my options are.
All you have to do is adjust the front up a little bit as they are adjustable. As for the rear you would have to change the leaf springs.

Steve23

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Software Engineer
ooohhhhh okay I misunderstood. If they're the adjustable ones you can do that otherwise, without swapping out the fox ones I think your only option are strut spacers

Edit: lol or if I learned to read I'd see you said without replacing your current Fox set

OP
OP
Bludrok

Bludrok

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ranger5g.com
Vehicle(s)
All you have to do is adjust the front up a little bit as they are adjustable. As for the rear you would have to change the leaf springs.
I read on here that they aren't adjustable. I can't verify, because I don't have the truck yet.

OP
OP
Bludrok

Bludrok

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ranger5g.com
Vehicle(s)
ooohhhhh okay I misunderstood. If they're the adjustable ones you can do that otherwise, without swapping out the fox ones I think your only option are strut spacers

Edit: lol or if I learned to read I'd see you said without replacing your current Fox set
No worries, lol. Happens to all of us.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I read on here that they aren't adjustable. I can't verify, because I don't have the truck yet.
It should be adjustable period the only part that would be adjustable is the preload for the springs and that's it. As for the valve adjustment yeah unfortunately that's not adjustable unless you had 2.5

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '13 Vette Z16, '62 VW Beetle
Stock 2.0s on a Tremor have no ride height adjustment. In order to get more lift without replacing the 2.0s you'd likely have to do a spacer above the assembly (leveling kit). Not sure if I'd take the assembly apart and gain lift with a different coil in the stock 2.0. If you want 3"+, you could replace the fronts with 2.5s which can be 3" + and add a 1" block to the rear or add a leaf.

Fox 2.5s front and back, replace the control arms and leafs for not much more than what you spent on the tremor package.
1619555775693.png

+
1619555891179.png

or
1619555932212.png

Lawdawg

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor

Steve23

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Software Engineer
If you go with a kit with new Upper Control arms, make sure they are compatible with your truck. Most, if not all of the Tremor's have cast spindles and not aluminum. Only ones I've seen compatible are Camburg and APG. If you look at ICON kits with upper control arms, they will state for aluminum spindles only. Hope this helps...

Camburg Ford Ranger 2wd/4wd 19-21 1.25 Performance Uniball Upper Arms | Camburg Engineering
APG – Engineered for Adventure (automotiveperformancegroup.com)

^^^ This for sure. A good many people didn’t realize they changed the UCAs mid model year