Fricking dealer didn't do PDI properly...

Lost19Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 PKG
Occupation
Sales
Lmfao!!! Damn well I thought I seen it all people will complain about everything, I feel like alot of people just find shit to complain about hahaha

Happy easter, I hope it doesn't offend anyone lol
Sponsored

MTB-BRUH

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Base
Occupation
Shop Manager
And in those same places they can not afford a $40K truck so that analogy is a moot point. No one is losing any sleep over this but when I'm paying good money for _____ (fill in the blank) I expect that item to be serviced correctly. If I had purchased a used $500 Pinto well then my expectations would be much lower. I don't trust dealers much either but it still doesn't give them a free pass to not do their job. My time is worth money whether it be 10 minutes or 10 hours. YMMV

My point is if we keep excepting mediocre service/quality while paying top dollar, then we'll soon have a country full of sub par products/quality like those of a third world country.
Ya people from third world countries barely surviving would love the opportunity to be able to make money and buy a $40k truck. We are from the land of opportunity

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
Ya people from third world countries barely surviving would love the opportunity to be able to make money and buy a $40k truck. We are from the land of opportunity
They do buy $40k Trucks and pay even more for suvs like the Explorer. They also buy Porches,Audis,Mustangs, Lambos and so on. Many people here have newer cars and spend a ton of money at the malls. Third world countries are not what they use to be. I mean the Philippines has two of the biggest malls in the world. Just in our city, we have 7 malls, 4 of those are small. The other 3 are regular size. People here are also overweight, so most are not starving. :)

Edit: However
The infrastructure is horrible
The craftsmanship for homes and anything is horrible
The run down areas are really run down
Privince areas still live in bamboo housees without running water and electric. Some of them actually have vehicles though.

Last edited:

KNI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor 2021
https://www.nationsonline.org/oneworld/third_world_countries.htm

These third world countries are building thorium powered nuclear reactors, wield nuclear bombs, have thousands of satellites, independent launch capabilties, explore mars and stuff.

I think they can buy 40k$ cars off the plot.

What I've seen in the first world (+neutral european states) is that the work quality, craftsmanship and pride for work quality has gone down like cows tail. Electricians are throwing wire pieces and cigarette buts to ground, cashiers don't greet people, grounds keepers do half ass job, car mechanics bolt replacement part without torquing to spec, dealers deliver without doing what was supposed..

Just reminds me of old Rome back in the days and i think if things run like this we're the third world when the old farts kick the bucket.

Robisten8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4WD, 2021 Bronco Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I can't even imagine how pissed you'd be if the dealer put your speedometer on the Kilometer/hr setting and you got a ticket for speeding.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Some places in the world they worry about starving to death everyday. In America we lose sleep over an automotive dealership marginally over inflating our tires.

But anyway I don’t trust dealers for anything at all.. so of course when I got my truck home I took 10 minutes to go over it. Not a big deal
This all day.

There is only one question anybody should ever have of dealership sales staff. "How much?" They're useless for anything else.

When your expectations are too high, you're going to be disappointed a lot.

And usually the dude performing the PDI is some stoner "lot tech." Not somebody I'd expect much of anything out of.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
That seems to be SOP across the board. The last several new vehicles I've bought were the same way. The wife's Mustang had over 40 in all 4 tires, my Jeep have 43, and my Ranger had right at 40. I don't understand it either, but in the grand scheme of things it's just a minor inconvenience for me. It shouldn't be that way, but it is.

I've seen the PDI teams at a couple dealers I've dealt with. Both were comprised of several high school kids. I guessing I was lucky that they even washed the things. I know we all remember being teenagers. :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sheepdog

Sheepdog

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger SuperCrew 4x2 XL
Occupation
Retired police officer
They do buy $40k Trucks and pay even more for suvs like the Explorer. They also buy Porches,Audis,Mustangs, Lambos and so on. Many people here have newer cars and spend a ton of money at the malls. Third world countries are not what they use to be. I mean the Philippines has two of the biggest malls in the world. Just in our city, we have 7 malls, 4 of those are small. The other 3 are regular size. People here are also overweight, so most are not starving. :)

Edit: However
The infrastructure is horrible
The craftsmanship for homes and anything is horrible
The run down areas are really run down
Privince areas still live in bamboo housees without running water and electric. Some of them actually have vehicles though.
But the adobo at Max's is still great...

Dmc

First Name
Deb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger
Occupation
Retired
I think they are doing this to stop flat spots in the tires . I am on my second 2020 ranger both had high pressure in the tires and both have Hella flat spots thumping after a few days of sitting .

jsphlynch

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL
My tires were overinflated, and windshield washer fluid nearly empty, when I got mine. I was slightly annoyed, but the dealership has otherwise been really good to work with, so I let it slide. Plus it only took like 5 minutes to let some air out of each tire and fill the washer reservoir with the fluid I prefer over the Ford fluid.

Funny thing is that I took my truck in for some minor warranty work several months later and while I was checking in, the service guy noted that the computer said my tires were a couple pounds low, so they'd go ahead and top them up if I'd like. When I got my truck back, psi exactly matched the door sticker.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Some places in the world they worry about starving to death everyday. In America we lose sleep over an automotive dealership marginally over inflating our tires.
It's not indicative of the dealership over inflating the tires--it's indicative that the dealership did not do anything with the tires at all, as they are supposed to do, and which is part of the PDI fee paid to the dealer. Is anyone losing sleep over it? No. Are people taking it as a sign that the dealership does sloppy work and factoring that into their future interactions? Hell yes.

Again, I don't get this hostility about people asking to get what they paid for, per the procedure written down by ford.

OP
OP
Sheepdog

Sheepdog

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger SuperCrew 4x2 XL
Occupation
Retired police officer
It's not indicative of the dealership over inflating the tires--it's indicative that the dealership did not do anything with the tires at all, as they are supposed to do, and which is part of the PDI fee paid to the dealer. Is anyone losing sleep over it? No. Are people taking it as a sign that the dealership does sloppy work and factoring that into their future interactions? Hell yes.

Again, I don't get this hostility about people asking to get what they paid for, per the procedure written down by ford.
Yeah...

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
In actuality this is not a problem but a bonus.

The tires are likely not inflated with air but nitrogen!!

And we all know how precious that gas is (at least from the dealer perspective).

We all should've captured the excess and sold it on CL.
Sponsored