First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT, 2016 Ford Taurus SEL AWD
Occupation
Retired
I see all these nice clean snowy pics in here and wish that's what ours was like. As soon as we get any snow here, they are out dumping sand and salt/brine/chemicals all over the roads to melt the snow and ice. Here's what it looks like as soon as you drive anywhere, and it makes me sad. The poor vehicles here get so rusty underneath because of it too :headbang::crying:

IMG_0894.JPG

IMG_0895.JPG
Yeah, mine looks like that most of the time. I run it through the car wash once a week to get rid of the salt. Next day, same look all over again.
Sponsored

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Folks,

Ranger had to drive in snow showers on I19 heading to Tucson for a drive through Covid Vaccine shot for Marige as she is over 75 years old. Up at 5 am and finally made it to the innoculation tent about 8:30....Then home in rain and sleet, now this.... Snow on the patio...Sheesh....Did move here to see snow....YUK!

Snow2021.jpg

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Last edited:

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Okay, are we taking pictures of Rangers in snow, or freezing rain here?
That’s a rain/snow mix at best. Yesterday I was lamenting how AZ had more snow than Toronto. What a difference a day makes. Today, I think I removed more snow from my own sidewalks than fell in Green Valley!

142FF0BE-32DF-4E79-A29E-340A44DAC7C1.jpeg

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
That’s a rain/snow mix at best. Yesterday I was lamenting how AZ had more snow than Toronto. What a difference a day makes. Today, I think I removed more snow from my own sidewalks than fell in Green Valley!

142FF0BE-32DF-4E79-A29E-340A44DAC7C1.jpeg
We finally got a bit here last night into today. There will be no Ranger pics in it though. The FiST got pretty dirty on last night's drive to work and the Ranger is clean in the garage. Washing 2 vehicles (wife's car also) is better than 3.

My kids will be shoveling more snow than those Arizona pics as well.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Busy driving in the snow shower so no pix of a my Ranger on the road.....Snow a rare occurrence in the Sonoran Desert, so snapped this pic. Sorry it offends you....

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
Busy driving in the snow shower so no pix of a my Ranger on the road.....Snow a rare occurrence in the Sonoran Desert, so snapped this pic. Sorry it offends you....
No offense at all. A for effort!

Reactions: Doc

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Hey, if there is a flake or two, I consider it snow. We get excited over any tiny frozen flake blowing around down this way! :crackup: ⛄❄

Arly

First Name
Arlyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT super cab (dog space)
Occupation
trails maintenance
Gee, we moved to the south shore on the BIG lake Superior many years ago for the guaranteed snow. In the 1st photo is a 4ft tall garden fence in our yard. Our dog is sitting at the 4ft portion. Bottom one is the sno-go widening our street.
Gromit in yard snow.b.jpg
deepsnow.jpg
snowgo2019.jpg

Last edited:

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
Hey, if there is a flake or two, I consider it snow. We get excited over any tiny frozen flake blowing around down this way! :crackup: ⛄❄
I've dealt with snow my whole life. While it can be fun at times it's more of chore than anything. You ain't missing much!

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
Speak for yourself. Maybe it's because I'm still younger than most of you guys, but I love the snow. And at this point, I don't see myself ever getting tired of it or wanting to live somewhere without it. I wish we had more of it where we live in fact. I look forward to getting out and shoveling and snowblowing. The cold is what I get tired of after a few months of it straight. But that's probably because of my low circulation and family history of Raynaud's mostly.
Don't get me wrong. I like seasons and generally don't mind snow at all. I can even bring myself to enjoy it, skiing, hooning in a parking lot, etc.

The poor attitude towards snow I displayed in that post was probably the product of my situation earlier. The biggest part of my job is babysitting grown men. I was preparing to head in to work on a "snow day." Often times said grown men get hesitant to come to work when it's cold and snowy. Which can make my night rough .

It was misplaced anticipatory anger though. Kids did alright tonight. Only one called in.

Wait a minute...

Did you just call me old?

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
I've dealt with snow my whole life. While it can be fun at times it's more of chore than anything. You ain't missing much!
Yes, I would like to have a couple of inches once a year to play in with my grandson, but I'm thankful I don't have to deal with it regularly. I love looking at ya'll's pictures though. :like:
Sponsored