Bonus Oil Change for FordPass Members

Mpro2

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger xlt
I received an email from Ford today offering a free "The Works" oil change for frontline and essential workers today. They are giving additional points to cover the charge. Anybody else receive this offer? I haven't even had my first oil change yet...
Sponsored

Deleted member 1634

I received that via a message in the FordPass app a couple weeks ago. Deleted it once I realized it didn't apply to me. I'm not a "frontline worker", I'm just going to work and doing my everyday usual job. If it applies to you, might as well take advantage of it.

Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, A whole garage full of motorcycles
Occupation
Engineer
I received an email from Ford today offering a free "The Works" oil change for frontline and essential workers today. They are giving additional points to cover the charge. Anybody else receive this offer? I haven't even had my first oil change yet...
Hmmm... define essential. Anyone who is working right now could be defined essential. even if you work at Walmart, etc. I'm not a front line worker, but my company, a manufacturing facility type place, actually has a written letter from the state governor saying we are essential, and I have that in my hands in case I need to present it during business travel.

I didn't get this email so I'm not sure what it says or if there is fine print.

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hmmm... define essential. Anyone who is working right now could be defined essential. even if you work at Walmart, etc. I'm not a front line worker, but my company, a manufacturing facility type place, actually has a written letter from the state governor saying we are essential, and I have that in my hands in case I need to present it during business travel.

I didn't get this email so I'm not sure what it says or if there is fine print.
Ughhhhh! Wish I had gotten this email. I'm a first responder. Not only am I not getting any emails, but I didn't get any points for my last service, even after asking my service writer. "I don't know. You may have to ask a salesman how to get points."

thewhiteranger

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger fx2 and a 2019 Subaru Outback
Occupation
medical
I did but couldn't open it .... when I opened the app it crashed, nothing there when it reopened. and Id qualify hopefully I can find it again. was there a link or anything in the email?

OP
OP
Mpro2

Mpro2

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger xlt
I did but couldn't open it .... when I opened the app it crashed, nothing there when it reopened. and Id qualify hopefully I can find it again. was there a link or anything in the email?
No link on the email. Just simply call your Ford service department. They just need proof from your employer that you are front line or essential. I just received another notice from FordPass about it this morning.

OP
OP
Mpro2

Mpro2

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger xlt
I really don't think that receiving the email or not denies anyone from taking advantage of the offer. Just call your local service department. It is available to all FordPass users!

thewhiteranger

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger fx2 and a 2019 Subaru Outback
Occupation
medical
I really don't think that receiving the email or not denies anyone from taking advantage of the offer. Just call your local service department. It is available to all FordPass users!
It just showed up on my ford pass app -- maybe it just takes a while to get out ...... anyway, I appreciate them doing it... who doesn't need a free oil change? Thanks ford!

xracer128

First Name
Darrel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Got email from Ford yesterday...my retired Fire Department status doesn't qualify my Ranger, but my wife's Taurus and Manager position at "Big" name grocery chain does!

Called Dealership to inquire for "The Works" appointment for wife's Taurus according to email. Dealership was aware of email but stated how to implement the "Free" service was not in place! They assured me they would be set by next Wednesday for my appointment! :shock:

Fingers crossed...:fingerscrossed:

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Our Mazda Lincoln dealership (who I've been dealing with since my ill dealings with my original Ford dealership), offered free oil changes to medical frontliners. I just had my free oil change & my taillight recall done & all is fine. Thank You! Mitchell Mazda Lincoln! They're terrific! :sun:

quangdog

First Name
Kimball
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
My wife is a nurse working at a local hospital...Will I qualify for this freebie? Only my name is on the paperwork for the truck, and I only have 1200 miles on it so far, so I'm not ready for first oil change just yet...but if this offer will apply to a spouse and is good for like 90 days or something I'll want to take advantage of it.

xracer128

First Name
Darrel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
My wife is a nurse working at a local hospital...Will I qualify for this freebie? Only my name is on the paperwork for the truck, and I only have 1200 miles on it so far, so I'm not ready for first oil change just yet...but if this offer will apply to a spouse and is good for like 90 days or something I'll want to take advantage of it.

My email stated until June 30th...

apotocki

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Network Force Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
I was at my Dealership today - ordering Parts as usual hahaha - I went over to Service and the Advisor was able to go into FordPass and add 11000 points ( which equals $55) to my account for use anytime as I just did my own oil change. Quick and easy.

xracer128

First Name
Darrel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
I was at my Dealership today - ordering Parts as usual hahaha - I went over to Service and the Advisor was able to go into FordPass and add 11000 points ( which equals $55) to my account for use anytime as I just did my own oil change. Quick and easy.
Good to know! :like:

OP
OP
Mpro2

Mpro2

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger xlt
Just checked my points today, and I'm at 62,000! My salesperson got my bonus points added!??
Sponsored