First Oil Change

HoosierRanger

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Fx4
I changed the oil in my truck myself for the first time today. I always took it to the dealership but decided to do it myself today with some Pennzoil platinum. Long story short i lost one of the clips that holds the plastic protector on that you need to remove to access the oil filter. Does anyone know the part number for the small plastic clips so I can order replacements?

1E09767D-877A-4868-9EEE-2B2D2113F8F8.jpeg
Sponsored

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
I changed the oil in my truck myself for the first time today. I always took it to the dealership but decided to do it myself today with some Pennzoil platinum. Long story short i lost one of the clips that holds the plastic protector on that you need to remove to access the oil filter. Does anyone know the part number for the small plastic clips so I can order replacements?

Wheel Opening Molding Rivet Plastic screws Ford Part #W715694-S300

But you don't want to buy these because the price is very high. Use Amazon as mentioned above.

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.

Matt, did you have any problems getting the filter loose? Some Ranger owners are reporting that the factory filters are excessively tight.

OP
OP

HoosierRanger

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Fx4
Matt, did you have any problems getting the filter loose? Some Ranger owners are reporting that the factory filters are excessively tight.
I’ve had a few oil changes done prior to today by the ford dealer. Today was the first time I personally changed the oil so the filter on it wasn’t from the factory it wasn’t excessively hard to remove.
Sponsored