rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
***The ROVP Program Has Ended for the 2019 Model Year as of 1/15/2019***

Background:

Ford has introduced a new program called the Retail Order Verification Program that allows customers to preorder a 2019 Ranger. Since the 2019 Ranger is expected to have unusually high demand, the ROVP allows customers to receive their truck as soon as possible, since all approved orders will get priority above dealer allocated orders.

ROVP Requirements:
  • Valid State Driver's License
  • Signature for the order
  • Cash Deposit
ROVP Steps:
  1. Customer goes to the dealership and places an order for a 2019 Ford Ranger.
  2. Dealer has to upload photocopied Driver's License and signed purchase order to the ROVP website.
  3. ROVP order goes through verification process where it is screened to see if the requirements are met.
  4. ROVP order is either approved or denied.
Why was my ROVP order denied?

Your ROVP order was most likely denied because the dealer did not submit the required documents. Another reason is that your dealer tried to order a combination of options that aren't being built right now.

How do I know that my ROVP order was approved?

If your ROVP order is approved by Ford, your dealer will receive an email that notifies them that your order has been approved, similar to the one below:

Order Approved.png

Credit to Monty

When will my new Ranger be built?

Once your ROVP order has been approved, it can be scheduled for production during the next time the order bank is open. For example, approved ROVP orders during the week of 11/26/2018 where scheduled for production on the week of 2/4/2019.

More Info:

Ford ROVP.png

Credit to Geoff
Sponsored

Monty

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Background:

Ford has introduced a new program called the Retail Order Verification Program that allows customers to preorder a 2019 Ranger. Since the 2019 Ranger is expected to have unusually high demand, the RVOP allows customers to receive their truck as soon as possible, since all approved orders will get priority above dealer allocated orders.

RVOP Requirements:
  • Valid State Driver's License
  • Signature for the order
  • Social Security Number (Someone please confirm)
  • Cash Deposit? (Someone please confirm)
RVOP Steps:
  1. Customer goes to the dealership and places an order for a 2019 Ford Ranger.
  2. Dealer has to uploaded photocopied Driver's License and signed purchase order to the RVOP website.
  3. RVOP order goes through verification process where it is screened to see if the requirements are met.
  4. RVOP order is either approved or denied.
Why was my RVOP order denied?

Your RVOP order was most likely denied because the dealer did not submit the required documents. Another reason is that your dealer tried to order a combination of options that aren't being built right now.

How do I know that my RVOP order was approved?

If your RVOP order is approved by Ford, your dealer will receive an email that notifies them that your order has been approved, similar to the one below:

Order Approved.png

Credit to Monty

When will my new Ranger be built?

Once your RVOP order has been approved, it can be scheduled for production during the next time the order bank is open. For example, approved RVOP orders during the week of 11/26/2018 where scheduled for production on the week of 2/4/2019.

More Info:

Ford ROVP.png

Credit to Geoff
SSN: was not required
$500 Deposit payment was required.

OP
OP
rangerdanger

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
SSN: was not required
$500 Deposit payment was required.
I'm wondering if the deposit is required by the ROVP program, or by the individual dealer?

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger 1943 Willys Jeep
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I'm wondering if the deposit is required by the ROVP program, or by the individual dealer?
The deposit is required by Ford.

Here's why the ROVP program exists....
Ford has promised to build preordered vehicles before all dealer allocations are fulfilled. That means some of us may get our trucks before all dealers get their stock trucks. To prevent dealers from preordering a vehicle for early delivery Ford requires the Customers Drivers license, a signed order, and a deposit. This is how Ford makes sure a Dealer isn't trying to game the system.

Now, you may be able to write a check to the dealer, have them copy it and sent it to Ford but not have them cash it (or you keep the check). That's between your dealer and you.

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I should also add that the verification info that my salesman entered into his computer included my unique $750 rebate code (my understanding is you have a rebate code that is specific to you but I'm not sure this has to be entered at the time of ROVP).

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
If your dealer is not familiar with the Ranger ROVP program print this out.....and tell him it's the same deal as with the Mustangs a few years back....(this is what I took to my dealer and he knew then what to do...

Ford ROVP.png

OP
OP
rangerdanger

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The deposit is required by Ford.

Here's why the ROVP program exists....
Ford has promised to build preordered vehicles before all dealer allocations are fulfilled. That means some of us may get our trucks before all dealers get their stock trucks. To prevent dealers from preordering a vehicle for early delivery Ford requires the Customers Drivers license, a signed order, and a deposit. This is how Ford makes sure a Dealer isn't trying to game the system.

Now, you may be able to write a check to the dealer, have them copy it and sent it to Ford but not have them cash it (or you keep the check). That's between your dealer and you.
I have updated my original post.

Stic-o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 Explorer ,'92 Bronco, '91 Navajo, '19 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
None of this was required when I ordered my Ranger. I just reached out to my Sales Manager and told him what I wanted. Never stepped foot in the dealership. Also no deposit was required.

Now some of this may have to do with they had all my info, as I bought a '16 Explorer and '15 Focus ST in 2015, 2 weeks apart. Also maybe because who the dealership is. Ford is not going to tell there #1 dealership, "No"

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
None of this was required when I ordered my Ranger. I just reached out to my Sales Manager and told him what I wanted. Never stepped foot in the dealership. Also no deposit was required.

Now some of this may have to do with they had all my info, as I bought a '16 Explorer and '15 Focus ST in 2015, 2 weeks apart. Also maybe because who the dealership is. Ford is not going to tell there #1 dealership, "No"
I'd bet Ford's #1 dealer knew all about the ROVP program and took care of it. The Ford document I posted (post 6) clearly states "only verified preorders will be scheduled for production once OKTB is achieved."

I am new to my current dealer and he's in a small town in rural NYS. They were just unaware of the program (I'd have thought the Regional sales manager would make sure his dealerships understood this, but I digress). On the plus side I got a great deal so I'm not bitching. :)

Last edited:

Ranger12

First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Ordered a 2019 Ranger Lariat on October 1. Little frustrated that I have not received a build date and VIN yet. I am in the ROVP program.

StAugKid

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Fiesta ST
Occupation
Assistant Manager Kay Jewelers
When I sold cars, we would take a check for the deposit but not cash it. We'd just have it stapled to the deal jacket. I worked in 3 different Chrysler dealerships and that's how we handled any orders or preorders.

Ric

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
I placed my order on 11/13/18 and it was approved on 11/14/18. I was provided an order number and a tracking number. I reached out to several dealerships in So. Cal, including the mega one. I am very happy with the deal I got from a small family owned dealership. I negotiated the price before I went into sign my order. I asked in advance if they required a deposit, and was told no. When I went in to place my order, they took a photocopy of my Driver’s License. The sales department asked me for a deposit. I explained, I was told I did not have provide a deposit. There was some discussion between the internet sales manager and the sales manager. I offered up my credit card or a cash deposit as I had left my checkbook at home. In the end, they did not make me leave a deposit. Now I’m waiting for a build date. I’m over the moon excited to get my truck.

RangerManR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 1999 Ford Ranger XLT, 2013 Mustang
Word to the wise, if you've put in a retail order to your dealership and haven't gotten confirmation that the ROVP application has been approved (email as shown in the first message of this thread), then reach out to your dealer and specifically ask them about your ROVP status (NOT JUST ORDER STATUS)!

I put in my order in early October and my dealership had been telling me for months that my order was approved by Ford (which is true, they sent me a printout from their ordering system which showed approved for order status) but as I now know that does not mean the ROVP has been approved, that is separate!

Only once I started getting nervous about not getting a build date yet and read this thread about the ROVP process did I ask my dealer about specifically the ROVP and if they could share the ROVP approval email with me. Once I did, it's clear they figured out that I wasn't approved because the next day they asked for a new copy of my driver's license (Ford said the copy originally provided was illegible), and then after providing my license POOF magically they were able to send me the ROVP email a few hours later.

Based on this experience it seems that ROVP approval should go very quickly as long as the correct documentation has been provided to Ford. Very frustrating that this little snafu with ROVP has likely delayed delivery of my truck by some time.

Hoping that I now get scheduled for production this week! Anyone know what build week I'm looking at now if it gets in the order bank this week?

OP
OP
rangerdanger

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Word to the wise, if you've put in a retail order to your dealership and haven't gotten confirmation that the ROVP application has been approved (email as shown in the first message of this thread), then reach out to your dealer and specifically ask them about your ROVP status (NOT JUST ORDER STATUS)!

I put in my order in early October and my dealership had been telling me for months that my order was approved by Ford (which is true, they sent me a printout from their ordering system which showed approved for order status) but as I now know that does not mean the ROVP has been approved, that is separate!

Only once I started getting nervous about not getting a build date yet and read this thread about the ROVP process did I ask my dealer about specifically the ROVP and if they could share the ROVP approval email with me. Once I did, it's clear they figured out that I wasn't approved because the next day they asked for a new copy of my driver's license (Ford said the copy originally provided was illegible), and then after providing my license POOF magically they were able to send me the ROVP email a few hours later.

Based on this experience it seems that ROVP approval should go very quickly as long as the correct documentation has been provided to Ford. Very frustrating that this little snafu with ROVP has likely delayed delivery of my truck by some time.

Hoping that I now get scheduled for production this week! Anyone know what build week I'm looking at now if it gets in the order bank this week?
All very good info! I'm glad your dealer owned up to their mistake.

Ford is scheduling Rangers for the build week of 2/18 right now.

RangerManR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 1999 Ford Ranger XLT, 2013 Mustang
Ordered a 2019 Ranger Lariat on October 1. Little frustrated that I have not received a build date and VIN yet. I am in the ROVP program.
Has the dealer provided you an ROVP approval confirmation email that they should have gotten from Ford? Looks just like the email in the leading post of this thread. Based on my experience I wouldn't trust anything said until you are shown that ROVP approval email.
Sponsored