Ford's Retail Order Verification Program explained

FLEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SCrew
Vehicle Showcase
What's the general consensus on ROVP vs dealer stock? If you were to find something close enough at another dealer would you go for it assuming you have no deposit on the ROVP? Asking for a friend :)
Sponsored

OP
OP
rangerdanger

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
What's the general consensus on ROVP vs dealer stock? If you were to find something close enough at another dealer would you go for it assuming you have no deposit on the ROVP? Asking for a friend :)
My options are too specific (RWD E-Locker and Keypad) for it to randomly be ordered by my dealership.

Not to mention I lose negotiating power in regards to discounts and incentives.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Part of the reason I ordered was so that I could get exactly what I wanted. So I would not buy dealer stock at this point. I just have to be patient - as hard as that is.

I suppose if some dealer made me some crazy good deal - $1000 below XPlan pricing or something - maybe then I'd have to say yes. But I doubt that will happen.

Pinecrestjim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2018 F-150, 2016 Escape
If your friend hasn't placed an order, I'd suggest they start looking on dealer lots for something close. S/He might get lucky with exactly what they want.

If already ordered, I'd suggest to wait until at least the end of next week to see what the batch scheduling will indicate.

One Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
family fleet of 4
If your friend hasn't placed an order, I'd suggest they start looking on dealer lots for something close. S/He might get lucky with exactly what they want.

If already ordered, I'd suggest to wait until at least the end of next week to see what the batch scheduling will indicate.

I'm in sort of the same situation. I canceled my 8/25/18 order with dealer #1 and got my deposit back due to not getting ROVP approval/VIN/build date, and then ordered from dealer #2 with $0 deposit. I'm searching within 500 miles daily for something close enough to my order. I've already contacted a dealer in the Houston area (I'm in the Dallas area) and they have one being built soon. It's White Platinum vs. Oxford White. Everything is is about the same. When I receive dates on my order vs. dealer stock, I'll make some decisions whether to wait on my order on not. I need dates from both sides of the conundrum to be able to make that decision.

The factory is ramping up production. I've seen on the MAP Facebook page where they are going to 6 days a week, 12 hours per day starting in February. That's 2 weeks after the reported "batch scheduling of all unscheduled retail orders". And, I've seen reports that the factory is building around 600 per day. So, things will get moving fast soon.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm in sort of the same situation. I canceled my 8/25/18 order with dealer #1 and got my deposit back due to not getting ROVP approval/VIN/build date, and then ordered from dealer #2 with $0 deposit. I'm searching within 500 miles daily for something close enough to my order. I've already contacted a dealer in the Houston area (I'm in the Dallas area) and they have one being built soon. It's White Platinum vs. Oxford White. Everything is is about the same. When I receive dates on my order vs. dealer stock, I'll make some decisions whether to wait on my order on not. I need dates from both sides of the conundrum to be able to make that decision.

The factory is ramping up production. I've seen on the MAP Facebook page where they are going to 6 days a week, 12 hours per day starting in February. That's 2 weeks after the reported "batch scheduling of all unscheduled retail orders". And, I've seen reports that the factory is building around 600 per day. So, things will get moving fast soon.
Wow - 600 a day - that just boggles my mind. They are cranking out Rangers! Now if they can just get more of them to dealers, we will be in good shape.

Pinecrestjim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2018 F-150, 2016 Escape
If they can truly run the line for a full 12 hours a day and produce 600 trucks in those 12 hours, that's a new Ranger coming off the line.....
every (12 * 60 / 600) 84 seconds! Six days a week, 3,600 Rangers per week. That's a LOT of Rangers.

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
Wow - 600 a day - that just boggles my mind. They are cranking out Rangers! Now if they can just get more of them to dealers, we will be in good shape.
That's good but considering that they often make 1200 Super Dutys per day at Kentucky Truck Plant they are still ramping up at MAP.

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
First of all ROVP ended on 1/15. My understanding is that it only helped with prioritizing scheduling. So if you find what you want, buy it.

LARanger

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape Hybrid
I believe my dealer didn’t submit for ROVP until 1/16 but somehow it still worked and was approved. Has anyone who ordered in recent weeks received a build date yet?

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
I pulled the trigger and ordered my ranger today.:). Sales manager put in my info for ROVP.

He also said today was the last day for ROVP!! I just made it in time.
I have a n order number and tracking number but I don't know what site to go to to track. Anyone know?

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have a n order number and tracking number but I don't know what site to go to to track. Anyone know?
I believe until you get a VIN, all updates have to come from your dealer. The tracking site requires the VIN to be entered.

OP
OP
rangerdanger

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, As of yesterday it was "in order processing Unscheduled clean" I was given an ROVB tracking number. I didn't know if there was a separate place to track that. Dealer said he got an ROVP confirmation email but went silent when I asked him to forward it to me.
My only real concern is if there is a constraint on key pads. I will delete it if it holds up scheduling.
Sponsored