Safety Recall 19S43 - Select 2019 MY Ranger Vehicles Rear Lamps Issue

Pat Herbert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 corvette and a 2019 Ranger
my Ranger had the tail light problem interemintent finally took it in and they resoldered the pin and ordered the part(not in yet). No problems since then. I go to a good service dept. scary not having rear lights. They do flash quickly on the dash when it isnt working so you will know.
Sponsored

danjhill

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
My Recall Update
I'm going on 50 days now with a loaner! My dealer too thinks it'll be the middle of February before the replacement tail light assemblies will be available. Yes I understand the dilemma they are in...and appreciate the free loaner BUT it's not the loaded Ranger Lariat I bought less than a year ago. I called Ford Customer Service and complained that I'm paying a lease on a loaded truck but NOT driving one so they're supposedly going to refund my December payment. We'll see if they really do. Once January is over I'm going to ask for another refund, it's only fair!
My dealership is telling me that a loaner/rental is not covered by this recall. Just out of curiosity, is your loaner from the dealership or funded through Ford??

danjhill

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
I should have waited for the letter. I would have waited. They gave me a Nissan as a rental without all wheel drive and we're supposed to get 6" of snow this weekend lol. One would think that the dealer would of known of this and told me to wait.
I love the Truck and I miss it.
Just out of curiosity.... My new undriven ranger is stuck at the dealership....they are telling me that there is not a rental program available through this recall/Ford. Do you know if this is the dealership accommodating you or is this through Ford?

Pat Herbert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 corvette and a 2019 Ranger
Just out of curiosity.... My new undriven ranger is stuck at the dealership....they are telling me that there is not a rental program available through this recall/Ford. Do you know if this is the dealership accommodating you or is this through Ford?
If you took delivery I would be screaming bloody murder for a loaner! I would never go back to that dealer if you have a choice.

Mscaff12

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger lariat
The dealership. There not sure how long it will be for the fix so I ask if I could get something more comparable to my truck. They gave Enterprise a call and hook me up with loaded AWD Fusion. Not my truck but way better then the Nissan. Maybe Ford will reimburse the dealership? Not sure.

Mscaff12

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger lariat
The dealership. There not sure how long it will be for the fix so I ask if I could get something more comparable to my truck. They gave Enterprise a call and hook me up with loaded AWD Fusion. Not my truck but way better then the Nissan. Maybe Ford will reimburse the dealership? Not sure.
What ever the case you should definitely be getting a loner!

GatorBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
My dealership is telling me that a loaner/rental is not covered by this recall. Just out of curiosity, is your loaner from the dealership or funded through Ford??
Its through the dealer. Ford didn't get involved until recently when I requested the lease refund. And btw it's a 2020 Ranger XLT.

danjhill

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Its through the dealer. Ford didn't get involved until recently when I requested the lease refund. And btw it's a 2020 Ranger XLT.
thanks to all who responded....
The next saga in this seemingly never ending story.... I received a note this week telling me that the recall part just came in and my truck was first in line to be worked on..be ready this afternoon!! ....then another call an hour later... the correct part number was shipped, but the wrong connector was placed in the bag.!!!!
So, being intimately familiar with the automotive supply chain, that suggests the entire shipment is bad, inventory will need to be inspected, sorted, a CAR issued to the supplier... only then will the part buyer at Ford re-issue a new PO for the part from the Mexican supplier at lead time, likely a couple of months process. Unbelievable!

Willcuts93

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Flex '19 Ranger
Occupation
Technician
I ordered a male connector for one truck and a female for another. Both were incorrectly packaged, luckily i was able to just swap the packages and repair both trucks yesterday. I will try to post pictures of the repair process soon.

danjhill

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
I ordered a male connector for one truck and a female for another. Both were incorrectly packaged, luckily i was able to just swap the packages and repair both trucks yesterday. I will try to post pictures of the repair process soon.
Matt... thanks very helpful. In my case they sent 10 of the “correct” part number, but wrong gender inside. They are not quite sure why Ford sent 10 when they ordered one... I did forward your comment to the Service manager....

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
There's a lot of that gender confusion going around these days.

Craig

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
NEW VEHICLE DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD
Safety Recall 19S43

Select 2019 Model Year Ranger Vehicles

Rear Lamps Issue

Affected Vehicles:

Vehicle: Ranger
Model Year: 2019
Assembly Plant: Michigan
Build Dates: June 4, 2018 through August 16, 2019

Reasons for this Safety Recall:

In some of the affected vehicles, terminals in connector C422 may be misaligned and may have been damaged during assembly. If a misalignment occurs and terminals are pushed out, there may be a loss of functionality of both the left and right rear tail lamps. While the center high-mounted stop lamp (CHMSL) will continue to function ensuring some level of stop lamp indication, all rear tail lamp features will not function. This includes the stop, turn, rear position, and reverse lamp features. This condition may be intermittent.

The C422 connector is a 34-pin inline connector and is located on the 14290 to 14405 harness mounted to the left frame rail around mid-vehicle.

Service Action:

Before demonstrating or delivering any new in-stock vehicles involved in this recall, dealers are to inspect connector C422, checking for any terminal push out, and if necessary replace the hard-shell connector. Simultaneously, a continuity check will be performed on the ground circuit, from the tail light to connector C422. This service must be performed on all affected vehicles at no charge to the vehicle owner.

Owner Notification Mailing Schedule:

Owner letters are expected to be mailed the week of January 6, 2020. Dealers should repair any affected vehicles that arrive at their dealerships, whether or not the customer has received a letter.

--------------------

Download Ford Service Manual for Inspecting and/or Replacing Rear Stoplight Pigtail (EXTREMELY LARGE PDF WARNING)

--------------------

Do You Get A Rental Vehicle If You Are Affected By This Recall?

• PASS INSPECTION: Vehicles that pass inspection are NOT affected and are not approved for rental vehicles. Refer to the 19S43 technical instructions for additional information.

• FAIL INSPECTION: For vehicles that fail inspection and the applicable wiring pigtail kit is not available, submit a VIN-specific contact, along with a photo of the hard-shell connector showing terminal push out, via the SSSC Web Contact Site.
  • A ten-digit approval code is required from the SSSC for rental vehicles.
  • If rental vehicles are needed beyond 1/3/2020, dealers will have to contact SSSC for an extension.
  • Part orders will be taken, but will be held by SSSC until sufficient quantities are available, which is expected by early January. Approval for all rental vehicles for this program will end at that time.
  • Follow Extended Service Plan (ESP) guidelines for dollar amounts. Prior approval is required from the SSSC.
Courtesy of @Willcuts93
Had mine checked Thursday, took about an hour, checked out OK
Sponsored