First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Yeah, but what happens if you use a right cut snip in your left hand, and left cut snip in your right hand ???
Does the left snip in your right hand cut left or right, and visa versa ?

images (1).jpg
Somebody has gotten in to the left handed cigarettes.

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
Do make sure you log in to You Tube and leave this bone head a comment. It's the only chance we have of keeping future generations of people from going down this path.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I have the urge to start a “sleeper mod” thread?. Adding speed holes to your hood will be my first post. ???

41530C59-301E-4AF3-AC8F-E3C50EFD6B2C.jpeg
The show Dirt Every Day did this to a Nissan Armada.

They shaved almost 2k pounds total from the truck by removing everything that wasn't necessary and drilled hundreds of holes in it.

It made for an awesome dune runner. The episode is Swiss Armada.

deQXVyOTc3OTc4Njk@._V1_UY1200_CR485,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

Now it looks like someone has bought it .

Wayne

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX Special Edition
Occupation
Facilities Director
Hi Wayne,

At Home Depot they are located right next to the left handed tin snips.....

Okay left hand backstory, My good friend and neighbor brought his grandmother's 1965 Chrysler Newport back to Arizona. A garage "find" from Iowa. All the tires were rotted. 14" rims.... So he ordered new tires and then went about removing the the old rims and tires when the new ones came in to the tire shop. He called me to tell me and I said Great! Then it occurred to me....Left side wheel lugs were left handed, so in a bit of panic I texted him. He called back immediately and thanked me for reminding him. So all was well but, whew, close call....

I do not have left handed Vice Grips, but I do have left handed and metric adjustable wrenches....I could not work in the shop with them....

Best,
Phil
Hey Phil. I do have left handed tin snips! And I'm old enough to remember left hand thread lugnuts on Chrysler products. But alas the left handed vice grips continue to elude...

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
The show Dirt Every Day did this to a Nissan Armada.

They shaved almost 2k pounds total from the truck by removing everything that wasn't necessary and drilled hundreds of holes in it.

It made for an awesome dune runner. The episode is Swiss Armada.

deQXVyOTc3OTc4Njk@._V1_UY1200_CR485,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

Now it looks like someone has bought it .

I LIKE IT !!!! Think about it...in addition to less weight, you now have a total "flow thru" system that will obviously let air in and than right out...less air/wind resistance.
Self cleaning interior...while driving incoming air will blow away any dust/dirt, and if raining will give the interior a good wash.
Much less physical exterior paint to clean and wax, and very obvious is the fact there is much less metal to rust.
Lots of cooling air flow during hot summer days, but may be a bit chilly during winter.
Engine compartment is getting a lot more fresh cooler air while at the same time getting rid of that nasty hot air.
It's a win-win......:crackup:

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
Do make sure you log in to You Tube and leave this bone head a comment. It's the only chance we have of keeping future generations of people from going down this path.
Naw, let people do it and find out for themselves. Leaving a comment like that is like putting warning labels on everything. Let people live and learn at the school of hard knocks.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Phil. I do have left handed tin snips! And I'm old enough to remember left hand thread lugnuts on Chrysler products. But alas the left handed vice grips continue to elude...
Hi Wayne,

After I got an old Craftman 12" Bandsaw which I converted to metal cutting, I do most metal cutting on it.... I checked and I have three pair of yellow straits in my lower cabinet of my tool box but no Green or Red...not sure where they went but not around any more I guess.

Best,
Phil

Wayne

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX Special Edition
Occupation
Facilities Director
Hi Wayne,

After I got an old Craftman 12" Bandsaw which I converted to metal cutting, I do most metal cutting on it.... I checked and I have three pair of yellow straits in my lower cabinet of my tool box but no Green or Red...not sure where they went but not around any more I guess.

Best,
Phil
Bandsaws do work nicely. I have a horizontal metal bandsaw that converts to verticle which I made a table for doing handwork. Best thing I ever got for metal was a smal plasma cutter. Torches have been sitting idle ever since! I've got the yellows and a green but the reds are lost somewhere.
Sponsored