First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
Well the key fob was in the truck as I use my keypad. But the hand hitting the window was almost impossible to stop. It just had a mind of its own!
Casually leave the keys, but then smack a window when someone goes near it? Seems contradictory.

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
My wife and I are sitting in a small town restaurant where parking is literally right out in front of the restaurant's big glass front windows.
I have no doubt you thwarted the theft of your ride by a sophisticated theft ring composed of white elderly couples. A great cover.....

shutterstock_1036064269.jpeg

OP
OP
got3fords

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
Casually leave the keys, but then smack a window when someone goes near it? Seems contradictory.
Did you miss the part about keypad? I never take my key with me, I USE THE KEYPAD!

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
Did you miss the part about keypad? I never take my key with me, I USE THE KEYPAD!
Why are you yelling?

Yes, I saw that you lock the vehicle and use the keypad. Locked or not does not change the conflict between the two actions.

Leaving the keys is a casual approach, watching it like a hawk is not. If you knew it was locked, what does it matter if someone was accidentally or intentionally reaching for the handle?

ControlNode

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Civic "2000S"/16 Focus RS/21 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Computers
And this is why I like the random bright colors. Well, with the RS it ended up being the most common color for that car, but the RS is rare enough I have to go a cars and coffee or something to find another.

Those keypads only have 5 buttons there are only so many combinations.... and will the keypad block brute force attacks where someone just keeps trying different combinations, if it does, will it auto reenable after a period of time and how long will you have to wait to get back in your own truck?

OP
OP
got3fords

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
Those keypads only have 5 buttons there are only so many combinations.... and will the keypad block brute force attacks where someone just keeps trying different combinations, if it does, will it auto reenable after a period of time and how long will you have to wait to get back in your own truck?
Then I use Ford Pass.

OP
OP
got3fords

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
Leaving the keys is a casual approach, watching it like a hawk is not. If you knew it was locked, what does it matter if someone was accidentally or intentionally reaching for the handle?
As I said, it was a reflexive action. If I had time to think, I might not have done it. But who's to say that lady is not used to pulling real hard on that old Taco and mess up my door handle?

Loki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
Occupation
I.T.
Reminds when I was at the grocery store and I started putting things in someone's elses grocery cart, then I turned around I saw my wife with the cart and she started laughing.
Grocery shopping with my wife one day, she wasn't paying attention and thinking it was me, put her hand in the back pocket of another guy that was walking next to her and squeezed his ass cheek...I was behind her a few feet watching it happening with people watching me watch it happen - laughed my ass off, everyone watching ME laughed and she got extremely embarrassed ..ten years later and she STILL brings it up once in a while..lol

Last edited:

ControlNode

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Civic "2000S"/16 Focus RS/21 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Computers
Is there where we link a tutorial about using the "+Quote" on multiple post you want to reply and then in the reply box at the bottom click the "" Insert Quotes..." button notice?

And for the Ford Pass, I've been too many places without cell phone service for my phone or the truck even, so no way I can't even consider relying on that. I've considered keeping a spare key in a receiver hitch safe thing for when I want to leave the key in the truck while out on the bike.
Sponsored