got3fords

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
Is there where we link a tutorial about using the "+Quote" on multiple post you want to reply and then in the reply box at the bottom click the "" Insert Quotes..." button notice?
oops, sorry about that!
Sponsored

Marlin Mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XL 4x4
Occupation
Retired
With the way things are in this day and age, no you absolutely did not over react. Way too many crimes being committed. Glad to hear about someone standing up for themselves and protecting their property. Good job!

Kemo Sabe

First Name
Kemo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
My wife and I are sitting in a small town restaurant where parking is literally right out in front of the restaurant's big glass front windows. We happened to be at a table where my Ranger was visible right from our table. (I was admiring it while waiting for our food.) Then we noticed a couple who were slightly older than us approach my truck like it was nothing. Right when the woman reached for the passenger door handle, my left hand instinctively flew up and smacked the window making a loud noise, startling the woman, and making the couple realize they were about to try to get into the wrong truck. They had parked right next to us in 15 or 20 year old Taco. They looked toward us and the guy made a "sorry" gesture and proceeded to their Taco.
My wife was mad saying it was loud and rude to smack the window and scare them. What do you think?
I agree with your wife.

OP
OP
got3fords

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
Man, tough crowd!! However, you did ask if you overreacted or not. Just sayin. ?

For what it’s worth, I’m an asshole and I probably would have done the same thing, only to have my wife glare at me after the horror of being embarrassed by said overreaction.

“What? I know my truck is nice, but it’s not their truck. Hands off!”

Also, on New Years Eve, we took the kids in my truck to go watch the fireworks. We parked in a place that gets heavy foot traffic and others getting out of their cars to mingle and watch the show. Well…. A lady decides to stand directly in front of my window, which was front row. I got there 20 minutes before everybody else, because I wanted front row… well, I proceed to ask the lady “can you move over a little bit, thanks.” I said thanks before she has a chance to balk at my request. My wife thought this was rude… I don’t think so at all, but then 2 minutes later an older couple stands right by my passenger side fender, and from the driver seat it appears they are leaning on my rig.

BIG NO NO! So I get out to “get a better view of the show” and to my delight they were 8 inches or so from touching my rig.

I’ll tell you what, I have never liked randoms or even friends for that matter getting near my stuff without the permission, but with this truck it is almost OCD like for me.

Damn truck, like I need more sh1t to worry about! ?
Totally agree! I guess I should have prefaced the whole thing with there were several people walking back and forth in close proximity exchanging packages. So I guess I was already on edge.

OregonRangerTremor

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 ChargerDaytona
Occupation
Retired LEO/Dog Trainer
Vehicle Showcase
My wife and I are sitting in a small town restaurant where parking is literally right out in front of the restaurant's big glass front windows. We happened to be at a table where my Ranger was visible right from our table. (I was admiring it while waiting for our food.) Then we noticed a couple who were slightly older than us approach my truck like it was nothing. Right when the woman reached for the passenger door handle, my left hand instinctively flew up and smacked the window making a loud noise, startling the woman, and making the couple realize they were about to try to get into the wrong truck. They had parked right next to us in 15 or 20 year old Taco. They looked toward us and the guy made a "sorry" gesture and proceeded to their Taco.
My wife was mad saying it was loud and rude to smack the window and scare them. What do you think?
Well....no one has any right to be touching your truck. I go to a lot of car shows and show vehicles. It is a big no no to be touching vehicles (some get real testy about it too).

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.
over-reacted for sure, but that's ok..they make pills for that kind of behaviour and yes I've taken them at certain points in my life and they do work. I probably would have hit the panic button on the key fob though. :giggle:

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
The restaurant owner should have thrown you out for touching his window. If you had a little patience the lady would have yelled at her husband and a big fight would have started. Then you could have set off the alarm and created a funny scene.

F150stxguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I probably wouldn’t have smacked the window, but I can’t blame you.

Ive seen and had a couple of really embarrassing “other car” moments.

Once in my early 20’s my mother took me to the local DMV to get license issue sorted out. After coming out and approaching a red Malibu, I saw the driver door open and “my mother” rummaging through a bunch of shit. “Omg here we go” as flung open the passenger door and seen a huge mess of papers on the floor. I blurted out “wow what’s with all the mess” as I looked over at a startled woman looking up at me. It was a complete stranger. I apologized and closed the door and went to where my mothers car was. The angle and car was such that I thought it was ours. My mother couldn’t stop laughing all the way home.

My ex actually got inside of a vehicle at the grocery store and proceeded to light up a cigarette as she’s fondling the push button. Thank god the owners didn’t come out, smh.

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
I will admit to having tried to get in the wrong car once or twice, only to stand there stabbing my remote thinking, "this stupid car".. and then I realize I am at the wrong car.
it seems the world is full of similar colored cars now. And yes I am guilty of buying a truck that blends in too. my wife walks up to the wrong truck every time we go out
Yet another rational reason for me not washing my truck. It's a courtesy I suppose, no one would mistake my dirty truck for their own!

It's a hard situation, I'd likely try to go out and apologise and make a joke of it but that might scare them worse—me running out there!
Sponsored