Would the 3.5 Twin Turbo fit?

jleds

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Fat Fender Garage (YouTube channel) was able to fit the 3.5L Twin Turbo ecoboost on the 05 Ranger. Would it be possible to fit it in the 19 Ranger as well?
Sponsored

Spence's bumper sticker

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Edge Sport
Occupation
Security Analyst + USN
About dang time we get a real topic on these message boards! haha

Adventure Ranger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariate Crew Cab FX4 Sport
Occupation
Heavy Equipment / Truck shop Foreman
Vehicle Showcase
I do a lot of custom work on specialty vehicles and I tell customers that "Anything is possible with enough time and money" So it all depends on weather you can do it yourself and have the time to do the research, work, custom fabrication and wiring that would be required. OR, do you have enough $$$ to pay someone to do it ?
As " NJDRIVER19 " said - swapped vehicles are a money pit !

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
Fat Fender Garage (YouTube channel) was able to fit the 3.5L Twin Turbo ecoboost on the 05 Ranger. Would it be possible to fit it in the 19 Ranger as well?

Back in '94 a friend of mine once shoe-horned a Ford 460 crate engine into a 1983 Mercury Zephyr 4 door sedan. A dark brown one at that.

Why??

Because someone bet him a thousand bucks he couldn't pull it off.

Well he did. And let me tell you it was sheer insanity on wheels.

I went with him when he took it to get inspected... Pulled up and the inspector came out looking at this non-descript brown mercury econo-box with a small cowl with the oddest expression. a "why would anyone put a hood like that on one of those!? He got in to do the test drive and hit the key and that 460 fired right off shaking the entire car and he looked out at us with puzzled curiosity. Then backed out and gave it a little gas and lol boy let me tell you that thing shot off and he wasn't expecting it. Slamming on the brake he then slowly turned it around and idled back across the parking lot and into the shop bay and shut it off. The poor guy just sat there for a minute or two, then slowly got out and opened the hood. Closed the hood. Shook his head and opened it back up. Closed it again. Stood there a moment then looked up at us, "How?" was all he asked. My friend simply replied "Beer, lots and lots of beer." Needless to say, It passed inspection that day.

So if you got the money, time, creative ingenuity, and plenty of beer, yeah you can probably make it work.
Sponsored