What truck caps fit the 2019 Ranger?

zn105

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 Sport Package
Are there existing used truck caps out there that will work for our 5 foot beds?
Sponsored

OP
OP
zn105

zn105

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do a search for Leer or A. R. E. toppers. They ARE out there. You just have to find one you like.

Here's mine. It's A.R.E. Z2.

Screenshot_20200327-120127.png
So any 5 foot A.R.E. Z2 cap will fit our Rangers?

OP
OP
zn105

zn105

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was looking for someone who had knowledge of what Leer or ARE topper will fir fit the 2019 ranger. Like the Colorado short box will and the Tacoma will not.

FX4Offroad

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4
No, not just any 5' topper fits the Ranger. All bed sizes are different. Widths are different, angle of the beds are different... You'll have to find one you like and follow the links on the manufacturer website to see IF that model fits the 2019 Ranger.

Again... ALL 5' toppers don't fit any 5' bed on any pickup... They are specific to the model of the pickup... ie. Colorado, Tacoma, Canyon. They are all different

Last edited:

shirleyb

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, Shelby GT-500, Edge
I have a 2019 Ranger with the 5' Box. I bought the most expensive LEER. I would NOT do that again. Two reasons: The gap between the canopy and the box is extreme (never have I seen any canopy with that type of gap). The rear window is the right size, but they have a large tinted area around the window, so looking through the rear window from the rear view mirror is severely limited. Buy and ARE.

2020FX4

First Name
El Jefe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FX4 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2019 Ranger with the 5' Box. I bought the most expensive LEER. I would NOT do that again. Two reasons: The gap between the canopy and the box is extreme (never have I seen any canopy with that type of gap). The rear window is the right size, but they have a large tinted area around the window, so looking through the rear window from the rear view mirror is severely limited. Buy and ARE.
Good info.... Any chance you can post photo's of the issues you have with the LEER?

shirleyb

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, Shelby GT-500, Edge
Large gap on bed
Rear window has non see through film 2-5" all the way around the window, so rear visibility is cut by 30%
IMG_0425.jpg
IMG_0426.jpg

ch47dmechanic

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
I guess the gap thing is subjective. I don't see any issue with that gap and my topper has the same gap. It looks fine. Same goes with the tint. I don't need to see out the back window as much as I need to be able to use my side mirrors. Both of those work fine. :like:

BeachRanger19

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab Ingot Silver
Large gap on bed
Rear window has non see through film 2-5" all the way around the window, so rear visibility is cut by 30%
IMG_0425.jpg
IMG_0426.jpg
I dont see what 2-5" solid film you are talking about. I see the large loss of bottom visibility from the fancy locking hardware which was one of the reasons I went with the Leer 100R and old school twin corner locks. Biggest rear window on a Ranger fitting shell.
I'd love to see a pix from inside the truck looking out the back.

BeachRanger19

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab Ingot Silver
My 100R 6' came in, getting installed tomorrow morning will post lots of pix tomorrow afternoon

Richard Young

First Name
Richard The White Knight
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
100% disable Vet US Army
Great looking truck, I have the same truck ,same color with the A.R.E Z2 top which is outstanding job on the new Z2. I got 2019 Lariat fully loaded. I put a full bed rug in and I had 18 inch rims on the truck. I put on BF Goodrich KO2 on it also. Just order a AVS Aero skin 11 hood protector. Going to add the Bushwacker Pocket Fender Flares.
I did not get the roof racks because I'm disable vet and can not reach up on top.
Your truck looks great with them. I also change over to Amsoil 5W-30 there best and filter. I live just outside on the Outer Banks of NC and love to take my Boykin Spaniel Grace with me as much as I can. I have a few other ideas also but we will see. I want to take off the running boards and put on AMP running boards. Amp said they will hit the market middle of April. I also put the stainless letters on front and back tailgate. Enjoy the Ranger it look great.
Richard & Grace

Last edited:

FX4Offroad

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4
@Richard... I have the same fully loaded Lariat. I added a bedrug (not full) and two swing cases. Have all the exterior accessories... Mud flaps, window vent visors, tailgate and front letters and a bug deflector yet to install. Limo tinted the topper.

The first accessory I always install it a leather steering wheel cover.

Love the truck. I get lots of positive comments here and at home driving around. Still haven't decided if I'm going to lift a little with bigger tires.

Miss driving it. Been safe working at home for a few weeks now.

I hesitate to say I'm done modding because we all know we're never done.
Sponsored