Why Is The Mileage So Bad On The Tremor?

McDeuce

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
I am averaging 22.5 mostly driving to work in the city. Little highway
Sponsored

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
You have to learn to drive like a grandma Jack... ?
Well, when you’re a LEO like Jack, you can drive it like you stole it without the same worries the rest of have to deal with.

”How’s it going officer, yeah, I know that was a bit fast, <flashes badge>, how’s your shift going?

<drives away>

Don’t get me wrong - I’m not complaining, it’s a perk and I’m totally fine with it.

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unicycle.
Occupation
I make electricity
I have about 1500 miles on mine and I've been very close to 19 MPG at every fill up so far. That is with me calculating the MPG each time because the gauge on the truck usually tells me I got around 20.4-20.5 MPG. I dont know why that is consistently so far off.
For every second your foot is off the accelerator the fuel computer averages 30 mpg. Put it on fuel economy screen and watch the gage go to 30mpg every time your foot is off the pedal. That is why the computer is off by at least 1 mpg minimum.

OP
OP
HenryMac

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
For every second your foot is off the accelerator the fuel computer averages 30 mpg. Put it on fuel economy screen and watch the gage go to 30mpg every time your foot is off the pedal. That is why the computer is off by at least 1 mpg minimum.
Interesting...

Mcssls

It only says 30 because it doesn’t read higher. In reality it’ll try to go over 100. Had it read 99 on my challenger all the time

GregsFX2Ranger

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT 302A 4x2 Rapid Red Black Appear Package
Occupation
Management
HUH???

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unicycle.
Occupation
I make electricity
It only says 30 because it doesn’t read higher. In reality it’ll try to go over 100. Had it read 99 on my challenger all the time
I had a VW GTI that used 200 mpg as the coasting value. It was always way off. Ranger uses a much better but still unrealistic 30 mpg. It reads what the engineers designed it to read.

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unicycle.
Occupation
I make electricity
Maybe you can explain what part your not following? Put your ranger on the fuel economy screen and you will see what it does that I’m talking about. It Defaults to 30 mpg when your coasting. Touch the skinny pedal and it drops to 5 mpg on acceleration etc.

GregsFX2Ranger

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT 302A 4x2 Rapid Red Black Appear Package
Occupation
Management
Maybe you can explain what part your not following? Put your ranger on the fuel economy screen and you will see what it does that I’m talking about. It Defaults to 30 mpg when your coasting. Touch the skinny pedal and it drops to 5 mpg on acceleration etc.
you must have a heavy foot.

bentroia

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Logistics
4th tank of gas.. tremor lariat at 39 tire psi, CA foothills, 80s temps, 85% freeway (again hilly area) 22.4 mpg indicated.. regular 87 octane

Raacerx

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor Supercrew
Occupation
Engineer / Project Manager
I've only got 1000 miles on the clock but I'm already up to 20.5mpg and its been slowly climbing. I drive pretty aggressively but most of miles are highway. I use my adaptive cruise quite a bit which seems to help, and the Yakima Overhaul didnt seem to affect anything negatively.

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '13 Vette Z16, '62 VW Beetle
I've noticed some griping about the Tremor MPG rating of 19/19/19 so I decided to look at the Taco TRD PRO MPG.
TRD Pro with AT is 18/22 with combined of 20mpg
TRD Pro with MT is 17/20 with combined of 18mpg
Ranger's 19/19/19 ain't so bad after all considering it tows more, hauls more, and hauls more ass than the Taco. Also see folks getting 21+mpg on the Tremor package.

XLT_TREMOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black Tremor
First fill up and the gauge reads 13.8. My hand calc is 15.19…and if the nozzle clicked off a whole gallon early, it would be 14.25. Surprised only because of other reports of ‘generous’ Ranger gauges. Fords and Lincolns have been reasonably close AFAIK in the last 40 yrs. for me and my father. I don’t see why that would change now.

TimmyB

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 2020 Fleetwood Bounder 35P
Occupation
Retired
Looking for something else and saw this thread. My mileage has been very consistent and right around 19 combined. However, the one time where I knew I was going to be driving a lot of highway that day, I filled it in the morning and again when I got back into town and got 24.6 mpg. This is almost always between 72-73 mph with cruise on. Couldn't be happier, as I was expecting the worst when I saw how the Tremor EPA numbers were so much lower than the non-Tremor editions.

1631659558295.png
Sponsored