First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I needed to keep up with the Joneses. And all y'all are the Joneses! However, it had to fit one criteria. I must be able to get to my beer fridge when it's in the garage. Yup, done deal. And look what I ended up with ? One bad ass little truck that's not so little. :beer:Stop on by. Beers cold.
Nice truck....I like that you have your priorities straight! :rockon::LOL:
Sponsored

DJS 60

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape Ford Ranger
Occupation
Ironworker
I realize not everyone has access to a garage, but I could only laugh at the full-size pickup owners clearing snow off their trucks this morning!

IMG_2845.jpg
Yes I agree, my super cab F150 barely fits. The Ranger l have ordered will fit with room to spare

BGDOGY

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4 crew cab
#1 - My back
I had a 2001 F-250, 4" lift and 35" tires. I'm 19 years older than when I bought that one and now my back along with other various parts hurts climbing in and out of the big truck, so this one is perfect. Also all the other reasons the bigger truck are a pain like parking, skinny trails etc. I do miss the larger bed, but those times I needed it are few and far between.

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2016 Shelby GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I've always had a truck - from a 74 GMC through to a Nissan Titan with some Toyotas and full size Chevys in between. I just like driving a truck I guess, the ride height...the versatility and yes, even the image. I went offside with my last vehicle because I was basically able to steal it price wise - Lincoln MKX, but even though it was nice I just didn't enjoy getting into it day in and day out - plus everyone kept calling me Grandpa. When the Ranger came out, I went and drove it and just had to have it. My wife drives an F150 as her company truck and has my old 2009 Sport Trac Adrenalin as her personal vehicle. I can honestly say that to date this Ranger is my favorite truck.

mobilemike01

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat
The Ranger is my first truck and I’ve never needed one. I like the F-150s but the cost vs what more you get from a Ranger isn’t worth it to me. Plus, I like being able to park in the garage with no problems.

Mick Carlson

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
We have a 2007 Tacoma and a 2019 Ranger. Mid-sized trucks meet our needs perfectly. I’ve owned F-150s and F-350s. I don’t have anything big to tow anymore, so I can get by with a smaller truck. I have several friends who have full size trucks and they rarely haul anything. I think they just like to drive a large truck. To me it’s not worth the extra fuel costs or the hassles associated with a large truck, like parking. Mini trucks aren’t available anymore, but back in the 80’s there was a huge difference in capabilities between a “real” truck and a mini truck. The new midsize trucks are pretty capable. Absolutely love my Ranger.

TexasDoug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2019 Ranger XLT
I've been mulling over a truck for as long as I've been a home owner, but always ended up leaning toward SUVs. I started out shopping for 4Runners and just couldn't bring myself to pay $40K+ to get decent off-road equipment with a sluggish powertrain (also applies to Tacomas), no matter how reliable they may be.

The insane Black Friday incentives allowed my to pick up an FX4 crew cab for just under $27K and it was a total no brainer. I'm a cheap bastard and I can afford a lot more car/truck, but I just refuse to spend more than $30K on a vehicle on principle.

I did shop full size trucks as well, but I live in a semi-urban area (central Austin) and a mid sized truck more than met my needs and is easier to park than a full size.

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
I started with a 68 3/4 ton chevy for a 11 ft camper. Over the years I added a 96 1 ton Ford diesel for trailer pulling. Now that my camping days are almost over. I downsided to a Ranger. I still have all of those trucks but enjoy driving the Ranger the most, I will be sad to see the big trucks go. I was thinking of getting a SUV but I am just a truck guy.

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
This is one of the best parts: Fits in garage with room to spare. Am able to walk around front and back without having to squeeze. Can open tailgate and load with garage door closed, which is a big deal in the winter.
Temp.jpg
I actually back in so I can put the tailgate down in front of the garage and use it as a work surface sometimes. Plus I have more shelves in the front of my garage crap can fall off of. Plus we had a pretty long driveway pain in the ass to back it out on the street

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
I realize not everyone has access to a garage, but I could only laugh at the full-size pickup owners clearing snow off their trucks this morning!

IMG_2845.jpg
Snug as a bug in a rug!

Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, A whole garage full of motorcycles
Occupation
Engineer
Why did I choose a mid-sized truck?

Well, under the size rules, my options were limited.

upload_2019-10-26_11-15-5.jpeg
Me riding my 125cc minibike at the race track. I have to hang off to the side to make room for my penis.

Motorplex_2a.jpg

compensating.jpg

Also, I have a 2 car garage that has a truck and a car in it... and 3 motorcycles, lawnmower and snow blower, a full side motorcycle trailer tipped upright against the back wall for room, table saw, drill press, 2 work benches and a bunch of other stuff. There is NO WAY a F150 is fitting.

Also don't like parking those huge beasts. Just overall pain in the ass vehicles. Cost has nothing to do with it.
Sponsored