WHITE PLATINUM Ranger Club Thread

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Here's a few pics of the receiver. It wasn't possible to get pics of how it bolts to the frame rail without removing the front skid plate, so the pdf shows how it was built.
Sorry, but I can't remember the sizes the metal used, but if you look at the pdf, I used a piece of C-channel that fit around the frame rail and on the upper and lower ends of the channel and welded flat bar (vertically) to accept a couple bolts. Then I cut a piece of plate steel for the opposite side of the frame rail so I could bolt the 2 pieces together and "sandwich" the frame rail.
2" tubing was cut and welded, so the receiver would end up where it did.
I also added a front support tab. I think it bolts to an existing oem hole, but can't fully remember. I may have had to drill a hole?

I plan to do an oil change soon, so when I do that, I'll see if I can get better pics.

Front receiver 1.jpg

Front receiver 2.jpg

Front receiver 3.jpg
Sponsored

Attachments

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Here's a few pics of the receiver. It wasn't possible to get pics of how it bolts to the frame rail without removing the front skid plate, so the pdf shows how it was built.
Sorry, but I can't remember the sizes the metal used, but if you look at the pdf, I used a piece of C-channel that fit around the frame rail and on the upper and lower ends of the channel and welded flat bar (vertically) to accept a couple bolts. Then I cut a piece of plate steel for the opposite side of the frame rail so I could bolt the 2 pieces together and "sandwich" the frame rail.
2" tubing was cut and welded, so the receiver would end up where it did.
I also added a front support tab. I think it bolts to an existing oem hole, but can't fully remember. I may have had to drill a hole?

I plan to do an oil change soon, so when I do that, I'll see if I can get better pics.

Front receiver 1.jpg

Front receiver 2.jpg

Front receiver 3.jpg
Thanks.

Looks like it'd work for some light duty stuff.

I'm looking for something to winch off of. Think I want something a little beefier.

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Thanks.

Looks like it'd work for some light duty stuff.

I'm looking for something to winch off of. Think I want something a little beefier.
No, I wouldn't winch off it. I only need it to move my boat in/out of the garage.
I've been thinking of getting a winch and if I decide to go with a receiver mount, then I'll need to remake it. If you can cut metal and know how to weld, then it wouldn't be too big a deal to fab one up.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
No, I wouldn't winch off it. I only need it to move my boat in/out of the garage.
I've been thinking of getting a winch and if I decide to go with a receiver mount, then I'll need to remake it. If you can cut metal and know how to weld, then it wouldn't be too big a deal to fab one up.
My brother-in-law is well set up, but he's currently rebuilding my YJ, along with about 3 or 4 of his own projects.

Been thinking a plate similar to 589 Fabs hidden winch mount but with a reciever where the fair lead would be.

Not in a hurry though, eventually I'll get him to take a look at it. Or I might swing by some custom hitch shops around here to see what they could do.

Thanks again for the info.

Reactions: DHH

njortego

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
IT Nerd
Figured I may as well throw mine in here, now that I finally registered.

2019 Lariat FX4. Bought in March 2019. Came with 501a, FX4, Sport package, 18" wheels, Keypad, Bedliner, Hard Tonneau cover. It's basically how I would have ordered one, except I wouldn't have added the 18" wheels. The best part of the Sport package are the wheels, but it seems every dealer around here gets them in with the optional 18" wheels.

I removed the FX4 decals and ecoboost emblem. Added S/S black letters, mudflaps, weather mats, swing boxes, Rough Country 2.5" level kit, Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT LT265/70R18, Loadlifter 5000 airbags, a front hitch receiver, and........wait for it.............TAILGATE DAMPER!

Crappy pics, but to lazy to get better ones.
Ranger 2.jpg
Ranger 3.jpg
How do the 265/70R18's fit? Did you have to do any trimming or anything with the crash bars? Thinking about doing 265/65R18's but if I can get away with 70's without modifications I'll go that route!

Thanks

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
njortego, I forgot to mention I have the Rough Country 2.5" level kit.
I put the tires and lift on at the same time.

njortego

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
IT Nerd
Perfect. I’m running the same leveling kit

Reactions: DHH

Viscerol

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Mortician
Hey guys. Hello from Bulverde, Texas.
Bought this a few weeks ago.
Loaded FX4 Lariat except for trailer package.
I plan on Eibach coilovers, rear 1” block and tall / skinny 255-75-17’s for that factory look. I do like a little rake. I don’t want it completely “level”.
- Regards
8F13B1F9-1EA5-4543-8930-0EC681A57FD8.jpeg
859C29E8-A549-409D-AE57-61A3E8FE256F.jpeg

DanaBovender

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
From the Florida Panhandle Residing in Germany
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Gov Employee
Okay I’ll play too...
2019 Lariat Platinum
3” fordrangerlifts spacer, Eibach pro truck shocks, BDS crash bars, 18” American Racing AR893 Mainlines wrapped with BFG KO2’s in 285/65r18’
AVS low profile in chrome... full BedRug set up with LED bed lights and Westin 4” polished side bars. Next month I’m installing the 589 Fab hidden mount with a Superwinch SX 12000 and a set of their shock sliders

341079CF-E2CC-46F0-A02C-74E7E20C392E.jpeg

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
I don't have any pictures, but this is when it was on the lot... unfortunately this is the only pic still on the dealer site.

2020 Lariat SuperCab, Platinum/stone int., sport, premium wheels, tech pkg, tow pkg, spray in, FX4.

bfdb8050145ba5d1aeb01bdfb758547ex.jpg

DanaBovender

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
From the Florida Panhandle Residing in Germany
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Gov Employee
I don't have any pictures, but this is when it was on the lot... unfortunately this is the only pic still on the dealer site.

2020 Lariat SuperCab, Platinum/stone int., sport, premium wheels, tech pkg, tow pkg, spray in, FX4.

bfdb8050145ba5d1aeb01bdfb758547ex.jpg
I'd like to see a picture of that stone interior...I wish I could have gotten stone. I had only one choice...but then again I did get $12K off retail......
Sponsored