First Name
Forrest
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Account Manager
1970 Ford F100, 302 w a three on the tree. Burnt a quart of oil in 20 miles. For the first 2 days I was the mosquito control truck for the area. Had to rebuild the heads, bad umbrella seals or there lack of, Paid $350 for it.

DoctorsTARDIS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
2021 Ranger. My first ford at all actually. I BREIFLY owned a mercury tracer when I was a teenager and I had my temps, but it was gone before I even got my license, and I only drove it twice. so I can't really call that a daily driver.

Billho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL STX 2wd SuperCab, 2002 GMC Sierra
When I got my license (in 1988), my dad let me drive his 1972 F100 Custom to school every day. This is a stock photo I found online, but it looked a lot like this. By the time I got it, it had 16 years as a farm truck, so it wasn't in near as good as condition as this one. But, I was an idiot and didn't check the oil regularly and I locked up the engine and destroyed a beautiful truck. I learned a valuable lesson.
1626055857784.png

My parents made a deal with me that if they didn't have to pay for my college, they'd get me a vehicle. I worked a full time job in college and long hours in the summer to pay my tuition and room and board, so my Dad let me have his 1990 Ranger XLT reg cab long bed (I got it in 1992). I loved that truck and kept it 10 years before my wife convinced me to sell it, which was a big mistake. I miss that truck.

This is the only photo of my truck that I can find:
1626057615993.png

Last edited:

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
First Ford daily driver was a 1985 Mustang that I bought new. I was 25, first brand new car I owned. Nothing fancy, 4 cyl, 4 speed, no A/C, had an option package that gave you rally wheels, power locks, premium sound, power trunk release, and cruise. Kept it for 11 years and to this day the most trouble-free car I've ever owned.

Last edited:

BigHen0213

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Sales/Management
1988 Ford Festiva LX (HA!). Bought it brand new from the dealer, my first new car and first car payment. 5 speed manual transmission (so you could drive it fast to where you were going then hide it). Drove that on the factory clutch for 121K miles until I sold it to a co worker who put new exhaust and brakes on it - his daughter drove it cross country on the original clutch, finally died at 310K miles.

I once got a ticket in it; happened to be in an area of SW Chicago known for speedtraps. I was 21, got traffic safety school in lieu of reporting it against my license. In class, instructor asked everyone what they did, why they were there. He gets to me:

Me: Speeding ticket, Willow Springs on Archer Avenue. (lots of "oh yeahs" from the class)
I: That sucks. How fast were you going?
Me: 78 in a 55.
I: Damn, they got you. What kind of car?
Me: Ford Festiva, stick shift (most of the class laughing)
I: YOU GOT A FORD FESTIVA TO GO 78MPH? They should've let you go and called the newspaper!!

Never had any issues with the car. Never got stuck in the snow (and if it did, I could push it myself). 47 MPG on the Chicago freeways.
Sponsored