Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Apparently, Science "lied" to the people for "the good of the people"...manipulation was the word used to describe the reasoning behind it all...:inspect:
Sponsored

OP
OP
DrewKD88

DrewKD88

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
IT Guy
I've seen these fully enclosed tents all around. Somehow people feel safer inside canvas. Goes to show that no one is using their brains. I've also seen people wearing masks while out hiking on the trail. I had a lady cling to the cliff just to avoid me. Funny how she felt safer nearly inches off of a huge drop rather than casually passing me by. I see people wearing masks by themselves in the most remote places. I let it go if they happen to be an elderly couple. But when I see fit 20-30 year old people out in the mountains with no one around for miles and they still treat you like you're some kind of serial killer for not wearing a mask, that's when I shake my head and purposefully talk smack. It's the same when I see people driving in their own cars with a Mask on! None of us here do that right? I hope not....... Well enough ranting. I'm looking forward to a long weekend

outdoorphotog

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lincoln Navigator L
Occupation
Limo Driver
I've seen these fully enclosed tents all around. Somehow people feel safer inside canvas. Goes to show that no one is using their brains. I've also seen people wearing masks while out hiking on the trail. I had a lady cling to the cliff just to avoid me. Funny how she felt safer nearly inches off of a huge drop rather than casually passing me by. I see people wearing masks by themselves in the most remote places. I let it go if they happen to be an elderly couple. But when I see fit 20-30 year old people out in the mountains with no one around for miles and they still treat you like you're some kind of serial killer for not wearing a mask, that's when I shake my head and purposefully talk smack. It's the same when I see people driving in their own cars with a Mask on! None of us here do that right? I hope not....... Well enough ranting. I'm looking forward to a long weekend
Me and my wife went kayaking down on the central coast, there were a very few people out on the water, but who do we see, one man in a kayak, hundreds of feet from anyone comes kayaking by with a mask on. I just can't even with that guy...

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
We encountered the same while at Zion back in October. We were hiking a fairly empty trail and would come around the corner and they would stop dead in their tracks and whip their masks over their faces like we had the plague while backing up so close to the edge. :facepalm:

The ones that still kill me are driving around with the windows up with their masks on. Yes some forget they're on but just about every single one had CA plates. My friend who just went through chemo doesn't even do this. Fresh air is good for you for Gods sake!

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.
California is looking to pay Reparations now. Of course that money is coming from my tax dollars. I need to move out of here. Oh wait, they may still tax me once I'm gone! see articles below. It's a shame. We have so many great places in this state for enjoying offroading and overlanding in the Ranger. If they're not burned down then they're shut down.

https://www.watchdognews.org/california-to-tax-you-even-after-you-leave-the-state/

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ca...k-force-advances-after-33-3-state-senate-vote
WOW that's crazy, we just beat the 'fair tax' initiative here in IL and boy was our Governor pissed about that. IL has been broke for decades and the 2008 crash really accelerated that a lot, we have been #1 in residents leaving for some time now, approx. 80k permanently left this year, I believe our 10 year average is around 40-45k per year.
I would not put it past our elected idiots to impose a tax on those leaving, taxing our guns..one other area we are #1 in the nation besides being broke, mass-exodus, tax taxes, etc.. We also purchased the MOST guns this calendar year, at least thats cool.

I passed some quality time during c19 by building a few rifles and semi-autos.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase

ldr01rl

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
I don't know how it is for everyone else but out here in Commiefornia things are getting down right ridiculous. Everything is shutdown. I had Reservation.gov cancel a a campsite that I had reserved for Death Valley on January 30th. You can't get any more distant than Death Valley! All year long I've had reservation cancellations so I've grown used to it.

So I thought that now is a good time to work on some upgrades for my Ranger.....except that I can't because of "COVID" or so they say. Yes, I am complaining. It's just frustrating to see all life come to a halt. Below are the Upgrades that are in the works since November and their status. Figured that some of you are stuck in the same boat with ordering parts and waiting. Plus misery loves company.

• Suspension - Ordered a FOX 2.5 kit with adjustable reservoirs for Front/Back on Black Friday. Latest ETA is February!!!
  • Leaf Springs - Ordered and received. Waiting Suspension for install
  • UCA's - Ordered and received. Waiting suspension for install
  • Wheels - given by my lovely wife for Christmas. Waiting for suspension to install
  • Rock Sliders - Ordered by my wife for my Birthday in November (She's Awesome!) Still another 4 weeks out for 8 week build time
  • Lights - Ordered Baja Designs lights. Received and installed Ditch lights and Chase lights. Waiting for lightbar with no ETA yet
  • Water Heater - Ordered and Built. I tested it at home but that doesn't count. I need to test while camping out on the trail to give it a thumbs up
My truck is sitting half built with nowhere to go. It is still completely capable as is. I Work Hard but I can't Play Hard right now. I'm in need of fun. I'll post pictures when I get home. What are all of you doing to get by in these crazy times?
Road trip for your parts. Here in Sconsin, business as usual. My wife's Amazon packages arrive daily without issue

ldr01rl

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
I hate to say but my wife and I were real busy thanks to y'all wanting to do home improvements. Lowes made hefty profits and HVAC was a must.

OP
OP
DrewKD88

DrewKD88

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
IT Guy
Work, work and more work. Bought my truck and went to Joshua Tree.
I do like Joshua Tree. I've been there a few times this year on the motorcycle and in the Ranger. I have good photos of camping out at Jumbo Rocks in the snow! It was one of those rare times that you may not see for another 20 years or so.

Did you just get your Ranger?

OP
OP
DrewKD88

DrewKD88

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
IT Guy
Y’all need to stop trying to California my Texas. Moving here like crazy from there to get away from it and vote for the same type of assholes they did in Commiefornia. I don’t understand that logic.
I get what you are saying. That is unfortunate. I'm thinking of Montana or Wyoming for me. I find Texas a little dull. It's got great people and great BBQ but I need more. We have mountains, deserts and beaches and 8 National Parks here. It will be hard to give all that up. I can see Texas becoming California in the next 10 years. Yikes!

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
I get what you are saying. That is unfortunate. I'm thinking of Montana or Wyoming for me. I find Texas a little dull. It's got great people and great BBQ but I need more. We have mountains, deserts and beaches and 8 National Parks here. It will be hard to give all that up. I can see Texas becoming California in the next 10 years. Yikes!
The entire United States will become California, unless a miracle happens in January.
Sponsored