First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT supercab ,2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid
Occupation
Custom Home Builder
No way, if Ford put "unethical" tires on his truck, how could he sell them used in good faith??
Exactly, that would be like a car manufacture taking recalled air bag inflaters and putting them for sale on the collision repair parts market.

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
My biggest grip with this tire is the B rating on wet traction.
So?
How many here have complained about wet traction?
I couldnt give a rats ass about an internet user review.
The one and only time i took advise of the internet reviews lead to the purchase of a set of uniroyals. Accoring to the reviews, these were the best things since sliced bread.

They were the biggest piece of shit tires ever sold. Horrible in everyway possible. Wet, dry, snow rain. Didnt matter. Was like driving on ice. The also handled like crap and would shimmy over 35mph. After numerous balencing. Tires would balense perfect on machind and still shimmy.

The only time i every switched tires before end of life. Dont even think i hit 1500 miles on them.

To call this decision by ford unethical, based on internet reviews is assinine.

Mark Lally

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Custom Home Builder
So?
How many here have complained about wet traction?
I couldnt give a rats ass about an internet user review.
The one and only time i took advise of the internet reviews lead to the purchase of a set of uniroyals. Accoring to the reviews, these were the best things since sliced bread.

They were the biggest piece of shit tires ever sold. Horrible in everyway possible. Wet, dry, snow rain. Didnt matter. Was like driving on ice. The also handled like crap and would shimmy over 35mph. After numerous balencing. Tires would balense perfect on machind and still shimmy.

The only time i every switched tires before end of life. Dont even think i hit 1500 miles on them.

To call this decision by ford unethical, based on internet reviews is assinine.

Tod
You are aware that the manufacture of these tires rate them as a "B" in wet traction, right ?

User79

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
My biggest grip with this tire is the B rating on wet traction.
Where do you see this tire rated as B in wet traction? Sure, it's rated B in traction but that doesn't mean it's not good in wet weather......any tire rated for 100 to 115 mph is rated as B traction. Bridgestone doesn't use a letter rating system on their site but they rate it as pretty good in wet weather.
https://www.bridgestonetire.com/tire/dueler-ht-685

Mark Lally

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Custom Home Builder
See above. Beat me too it
Justin and Tod

It's stamped right on the tire. It's hard to find a tire these days rated as a B in wet traction (of any speed rating). Of the 25 I could find in this tire size, only 3 were rated B (2 of them bridgestone's). I have been buying tires for very many years and I have NEVER bought one with a B rating in wet traction for obvious reasons. I had no say in this case though.

20190719_192013.jpg

User79

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Justin and Tod

It's stamped right on the tire. It's hard to find a tire these days rated as a B in wet traction (of any speed rating). Of the 25 I could find in this tire size, only 3 were rated B (2 of them bridgestone's). I have been buying tires for very many years and I have NEVER bought one with a B rating in wet traction for obvious reasons. I had no say in this case though.

20190719_192013.jpg
Yes, that rating does have to do with stopping on wet pavement/concrete but it does not rate it's overall handling in wet weather. Look up "uniform tire quality grading".

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
Justin and Tod

20190719_192013.jpg
That does not mean "WET TRACTION".

You are wrong in this.

Mark Lally

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Custom Home Builder
That does not mean "WET TRACTION".

You are wrong in this.
You should inform yourself on this, it absolutely does mean "wet traction". FACT, look it up.

Mark Lally

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Custom Home Builder
Yes, that rating does have to do with stopping on wet pavement/concrete but it does not rate it's overall handling in wet weather. Look up "uniform tire quality grading".
Justin
Yes, you are correct, it has to do with stopping distance when the road is wet, and that is EXACTLY my issue.

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
You should inform yourself on this, it absolutely does mean "wet traction". FACT, look it up.
"The UTQG traction test does not evaluate dry braking, dry cornering, wet cornering, or high speed hydroplaning resistance."

Straight from their site.

User79

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Justin
Yes, you are correct, it has to do with stopping distance when the road is wet, and that is EXACTLY my issue.
Ok, we are on the same page now, sorry for any confusion. Yeah, being rated an A in that area would be nice but that doesn't make it a junk tire. My experience so far in wet weather has been great. I was caught in bad one about a week ago on an old stretch of highway....the tires did great but the wipers....not so good.

Mellow

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Sport Lariat 2WD Plat. White
Ok, we are on the same page now, sorry for any confusion. Yeah, being rated an A in that area would be nice but that doesn't make it a junk tire. My experience so far in wet weather has been great. I was caught in bad one about a week ago on an old stretch of highway....the tires did great but the wipers....not so good.
Rains washed fluid helps a lot.

Mark Lally

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Custom Home Builder
"The UTQG traction test does not evaluate dry braking, dry cornering, wet cornering, or high speed hydroplaning resistance."

Straight from their site.
Tod

Yes, it is strictly a wet stopping distance rating. Again, that's my issue, PERIOD. Unfortunately, stopping in the rain is a common and valid concern.
Sponsored