What is something you love, and something you dislike about the Ranger?

RangerRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2014 F150 FX4
Good- engine, handling, interior comfort and towing. I love thos

Improve- my 1st gen Ranger had pockets in the bed to put two 2x6’s crossways to get a 4x8 sheet in without it resting on the wheel wells. I wish this Had it

Bad- on the first start of the day, the engine stumbles when in gear. Feels like I’m driving with an early emissions carb with the choke shut. Anyone else experience this?
I think I just noticed the stumble this morning .... I put into R pretty quickly maybe in the past year, I have been more patient ... great lil truck otherwise.
Sponsored

jsphlynch

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL

Improve- my 1st gen Ranger had pockets in the bed to put two 2x6’s crossways to get a 4x8 sheet in without it resting on the wheel wells. I wish this Had it

Bad- on the first start of the day, the engine stumbles when in gear. Feels like I’m driving with an early emissions carb with the choke shut. Anyone else experience this?
A few folks have reported misfiring on startup. Have the dealer take a look.

Truckee Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Supercrew 4 x 4; 2015 Nissan Murano; 2019 Honda CRF 250F; 2007 Kawasaki Vulcan;
Occupation
Construction Consultant

The genuine Ford drop-in bedliner has pockets. I assume it's for the same purpose. I haven't tried it out. I initially thought it was for segregating stuff in the bed.

Adventure Ranger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariate Crew Cab FX4 Sport
Occupation
Heavy Equipment / Truck shop Foreman
Vehicle Showcase
I've had my Lariat FX4 Sport for 2 months now. I absolutely like everything about my Ranger! Yes there were little things that I Personally felt needed changed - so I changed them. Didn't like the front end rake look= added a levelling kit. Didn't like the rear end "hop" on washboard = installed Fox 2.0 Shocks. Wanted a power point in the box = I installed one. To me that's just "making it my own" I waited for Ford to bring back the Ranger for a long time, just didn't have the need for a full size truck anymore. Now that it's here, I'm very happy with mine!
IMG_0813.jpg

rltriumph

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Pipefitter
There are a couple things missing that would make the truck perfect for me,
1. No heated steering wheel. I work construction and it is nice after working outside all day in the winter.
2. 6 foot bed with a supercab. Toyota has it. Ranger should also.
3. Synch3 sucks. Not as bad as wifes 2017 escape but still sucks.
4. And my biggest gripe is the back seat. I keep kids car seat in all the time. Split back seat bottom so I can actually get to stuff without removing carseat. And make it flat folding with a plastic back. Tie down points on seatback would be an added bonus.

Three Ponies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT, 2000 Mustang GT convertible, 1973 Restomodded Mustang Convertible, 1962 Thunderbird
The genuine Ford drop-in bedliner has pockets. I assume it's for the same purpose. I haven't tried it out. I initially thought it was for segregating stuff in the bed.
Mine came fr
I think I just noticed the stumble this morning .... I put into R pretty quickly maybe in the past year, I have been more patient ... great lil truck otherwise.
mine will stumble out the driveway and for about the first few tenths of a mile. It is going in Monday for oil change #1 and to have this checked. No CEL thrown as of yet.

Johnv1991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
There are a couple things missing that would make the truck perfect for me,
1. No heated steering wheel. I work construction and it is nice after working outside all day in the winter.
2. 6 foot bed with a supercab. Toyota has it. Ranger should also.
3. Synch3 sucks. Not as bad as wifes 2017 escape but still sucks.
4. And my biggest gripe is the back seat. I keep kids car seat in all the time. Split back seat bottom so I can actually get to stuff without removing carseat. And make it flat folding with a plastic back. Tie down points on seatback would be an added bonus.
Heated steering wheel baffled me a bit. Especially on a lariat. Same issue with my 2017 escape also, couldn’t get the tech pack with the black appearance pack. I don’t like when they box you out of certain options because of other options.

Interesting take on sync 3. I’ve found it much better than the previous iteration. Now with CarPlay I’m very happy with the infotainment system options.

Three Ponies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT, 2000 Mustang GT convertible, 1973 Restomodded Mustang Convertible, 1962 Thunderbird
I am pretty sure I have a Ford drop in liner. As you say, there is the vertical pocket rear of the wheel well to separate loads. On gen 1 Rangers, the pockets were parallel to the top of the wheel wells, front and back. It made it easy to slide a 4x8 in there. Simple but very effective

rltriumph

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Pipefitter
Heated steering wheel baffled me a bit. Especially on a lariat. Same issue with my 2017 escape also, couldn’t get the tech pack with the black appearance pack. I don’t like when they box you out of certain options because of other options.

Interesting take on sync 3. I’ve found it much better than the previous iteration. Now with CarPlay I’m very happy with the infotainment system options.
Sync 3 on wifes escape I call hal. It has nerer honestly worked right and everytime I have complained to dealer they tell me it needs an update. Do update and it works for a day or two and then back to its normal self. Blacks out completely, can’t change radio stations. Volume doesn’t work. Pretty annoying. Waiting for it to lock me out of of pod bay door.

cfhgarza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic XLT 301A
Occupation
Press and weld set-up
I really like the size of the truck. It's big enough to haul everything we need for camping but not so big it's not fun to driver. Coming from a Ram 1500 that always felt like a chore to drive and park.

The thing I don't like is that all the windows aren't one touch. They could have at least made both the fronts one touch. I just want to tap them when I park and collect my stuff and get out. Even my basic Ram1500 had one touch on both front windows.

Dr.Me

First Name
Daven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
I love the hate tacoma owners give us:like: I hate when people don't identify it as a ranger...like literally it says ranger and ford all over and inside. The ignorance just baffles me to this day.

Dr.Me

First Name
Daven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
I love the hate tacomas give us:inlove: I hate the fake engine noise

navsnipe

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Ranger FX4 Lariat (totaled), 23 Audi Q5
Occupation
Automating Buildings and confusing humans
I love the visibility I have in traffic and not being so worried about crappy roads as I was with my previous cars. I can put on my turn signal and actually change lanes without someone trying to close off the gap, most of the time. I commute into NYC almost every day. I really like being in a truck again after 14 years of cars. There is something about kicking the gas pedal and having a nice torquey response from the engine, it's addictive.

I don't like the shudder on take off and hope when the TSB kit comes in the problem will be solved. I also don't like the "engine noise enhancement", I like a quiet cab.

Arch Stanton

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 4x4 Ingot Silver 301A
Occupation
V.P. of Research and Development; Telemetry and Guidance Testing Facility at Aerodytech Corporation, Reno, Nevada
Driver door armrest too far forward, needed to be set back a couple inches more for comfortable feel.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Driver door armrest too far forward, needed to be set back a couple inches more for comfortable feel.
Hi Steve,

I agree with your assessment of the door arm rest. A clear miss in my opinion.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Sponsored