What if ....

bsr956

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4X4; 2013 Nissan Altima
What if you did NOT get the color of your truck, which color would you choose?
Sponsored

OP
OP
bsr956

bsr956

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
With 2020 options, I probably would have choose Magnetic Grey

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
I wanted the 2019 blue or sabre or that pearly white but my Ranger chose me instead of me choosing it.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I wanted the 2019 blue or sabre or that pearly white but my Ranger chose me instead of me choosing it.
When I first was looking for my '19 it was a hard decision. I always like the Saber color (it's the color they used for all advertising then) and second was Lightning Blue. The dealer had both on the lot with the exact options and I fell in love with Saber. Sadly they stopped making both and the Lightning Blue was the only one I ever liked, it has way more depth in the color than VB.

When it came time to get my '23 it was easy. I didn't like any colors except for the OW.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
When I was looking for mine the main requirement was NOT black, grey or white. Wasn't real font of red trucks either. That left blue or Saber. BH didn't like Saber, luckily the dealer had a Lightening Blue.

I still get comments on the color. I agree LB has more depth and pops more in the sun than VB.

Awg9Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger XLT SCAB
What if you did NOT get the color of your truck, which color would you choose?
I wouldn’t buy the truck.

I tell the the dealer what options I want and the color will be grey.

He tells me he has a truck on the lot with 4 of the 5 options I want and the color is blue.

He’s a little miffed when I tell him I’ll give him $10 for the truck and tells me I'm being ridiculous.

I find it ridiculous to give someone $40k+ for something I don’t want.

OP
OP
bsr956

bsr956

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Agreed! I tell people I didn't buy a truck, I bought THAT truck. Rapid red, Stone interior, 302A option & Chrome pkg. Everything else was gravy

Jacob

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
I knew I wanted blue from the get go. Got to take a look at chrome, sport, or matching bumpers at the dealer and knew I wanted the sport once I saw it.

Funny story, the first dealership I went to didn’t have the blue. I was like no I’ll have to look around. One of the other salesmen drives up in the chili red, yeah because that’s obviously going to make me buy it.
Without missing a beat, my grandfather looks up and says “ugh look at that ugly piece of crap” haha

Wytchdctr

First Name
Doug P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
Retired Military/HR Manager
I got mine when the dealer had 3 F150s and a single Mustang. The Ranger was being driven off the truck when I drove up. Correct options for what I wanted to pay... wrong color (unless washed within the last 5 minutes.. then it is the best color)

So, I didn't have many options. Also, sort of glad I didn't get the Mav I ordered based on color. The website made it look more like the Saber color and it turned out to be school bus yellow. So, another few years of running a black vehicle. Last car I kept for almost 7 years was also black.

puckdodger

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Lariat 2020 SOLD Black Cadillac XT5
After having nothing but white and black vehicles for about 15 years I said "no way no more!!!" and when I was looking for a Ranger I stayed true to that, right up until I got sucked in and caught up in the excitement of looking at the shiny black truck they had available and before you know it I'm an idiot with a black truck he swore he would never buy again.

And when I got rid of the Ranger, I ended up in another black f***in truck.
What's wrong with me??!

Blue Streak

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL STX FX 2021 Honda CR V
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
When I got mine I thought Lightning Blue was the best looking standard color (love the blue). Also believe it looks best no chrome. I have not & will not pay extra for a color choice. :like: :curse::punch:

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
My Ranger is carbonized grey. I would not have purchased the truck if it were not for the Tremor graphics. I have since added the FP red tow hooks and red Ford emblems.

I had gone to the dealer because they had two Cyber Orange Rangers, a Lariat Tremor and a XLT FX4. When I saw the Cyber Orange I was very disappointed, it looked like school bus yellow. Anyway they had the truck I ultimately purchased and the bright red and carbon black graphics really caught my eye and here we were.

If I had ordered the truck I would have ordered velocity blue with the Tremor graphics.
Sponsored