What Features SHOULD your Ranger Have but Ford Missed?

Kevin Franklin

First Name
Tinmender1963
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda FT500. Honda 700SC. 2019 Ford Ranger Sport. 2014 Ford Focus ST. 2017 Ford Escape Titanium. 1994 Ford Ranger Splash. 1986 Ford Mustang GT Splash
Occupation
Damn good question. A lot of different things
Vehicle Showcase
A manual transmission with an ST option, a roll down rear glass like the Sport Trac had and mostly, a lower stance suspension like what is offered in Australia and Thailand.
Sponsored

ROBERTECOX

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger lariat 2wd sport pkg
Occupation
US ARMY (RETIRED)
wireless charger, wireless apple carplay

Traneman

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX 4x4
The A/C (or heat) comes on when you start the engine remotely. You have to set what preferences you have when using the function which is specifically explained on page 117 of your owners manual.
I'll start with a few. These are nit picky but most of them were on my 2013 Ford Fusion (a common mans car and nothing fancy) so I had kind up assumed they would remain on the Ranger.

6. Remote Start with AC. Why does the AC not come on when the car starts? That's the WHOLE reason I want a remote start? I live in Phoenix... The car is literally 200 deg on the inside when its 120deg outside.
On my XL Ranger, with it turned off at the control, the A/C or Heat comes on when I do the remote start on my App.

ch47dmechanic

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
On my XL Ranger, with it turned off at the control, the A/C or Heat comes on when I do the remote start on my App.
Just as the manual says it will. It all depends on the settings in the menu.

Dustoff262

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat, black package
On my Lariat, I set the A/C to auto. If its too cold, or too hot , on remote start, the auto climate makes the adjustment.

1 thing I think is desperately needed is full length under seat storage. Enough to lock your M4, your spare mags and other bug out / get home past the zombies items.

Traneman

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX 4x4
Just as the manual says it will. It all depends on the settings in the menu.
No matter what settings I am on, when I do a remote App start. In the winter, the defroster is on, fan runs high.. Summer, A/C runs, fan on High.. Even with my control turned off, or fan on low or temp setting, my control is not in the picture till I turn the keys, then it switches to what I has set.

ch47dmechanic

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
No matter what settings I am on, when I do a remote App start. In the winter, the defroster is on, fan runs high.. Summer, A/C runs, fan on High.. Even with my control turned off, or fan on low or temp setting, my control is not in the picture till I turn the keys, then it switches to what I has set.
Again, it's explained in the manual and what you just described basically echoes what the manual says.

Scottopia

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '11 GMC Acadia, '03 HD VRod
Occupation
Grand Sovereign Monarch of Scottopia
Vehicle Showcase
Flux Capacitor with the Mr Fusion option

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
I made some of these points in the other threat devoted to "suggestions for improvement," but they are worth repeating: more engine options (2.3, 2.7, 3.5 Turbos), more creative tailgates (vertical, horizontal, 60.40 split like Ridgeline and Ram), improved stock shocks and/or option to have the Ford/Fox leveling kit installed as a factory option rolled into the purchase price before taking delivery; better designed rear seats in the super-crew that can fold up, down, all around, or be removed entirely, the point being to improve storage space; more options to delete things we don't want such as Auto Stop/Start, etc.; automatic rear window slider; heated steering wheel.