What Features SHOULD your Ranger Have but Ford Missed?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
I agree with OP on #4. I have a baby seat in the back and it’s not roomy. Also lack of storage space. Jumper cables, tow staps, ratchet straps etc.
Sponsored

RickyDean

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4WD
Occupation
Retired
I was really hoping to see a Platinum (Titanium?,Limited?) edition that would include things like the auto up/down windows on both sides of the truck. Plus, full power seats with memory and cooling on both front seats (or memory on driver side at least). Would also really love power extendable towing mirrors and a factory installed brake controller. Would also like to see (if it’s possible) an adaptive cruise sensor relocate option so a winch could be installed without losing the adaptive cruise capability - I never experienced adaptive cruise control before the Ranger and have since found it really nice. Maybe some factory roof racks too. And how about a 2.7l eco boost twin turbo option ? ?!

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Memory seats. And better organize the back seat area. ALA Tacoma or Ridgeline.

Nick Barber

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat, FX4, White Platinum, Chrome, Tow
Occupation
Program Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Cooled seats
Integrated trailer brake controller

Traneman

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX 4x4
You DO NOT have to have auto climate control for it to work.
I'm confused on what you trying to say? Yes, I know I don't have an Auto Climate Control.

What I am saying, when the manual says, "it uses the setting it set to when I turned the truck off". When I have it turned off, it still heats or cools when I remote start it, and then when I put the keys in , it turns off or go to what I had.

Tim G.

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4X4
Occupation
Occupational Health and Safety
60/40 split rear bench (if my kids booster seat is in place i cant access the under seat storage and/or if i wanted to store something on one side while still being able to seat 1 or 2 people)

6 speed manual option (because some real men still exist)

Power rear center window (i would love to use it but trying to have my 3 yr old open it while driving is not a viable option especially that i opted for the fully optioned lariat trim)

Center console armrest that slides forward (most guys who downsize from a full-size are used to a nice big armrest, this would at least help with ergonomics and comfort)

Better doorcard armrests (the armrests on the doors are pretty much useless, you would have to be 4ft to even have access to them)

Power-fold mirrors when vehicle locks (its annoying having to always remember to fold mirrors in when parking. I like the physical button but this would be a nice addition)

To clarify, I am very happy and at times impressed with this truck. I am not here to complain about something I willingly purchased, with that said there is always room for improvement . There were a few things I was genuinely scratching my head over being this truck stickered for almost $45,000 such as the no power rear center window and 60/40 split bench. I look forward to hopefully see Ford take a page out of Honda's book and address these changes next model year.

TrebMaxx

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT FX4 Ford Ranger
Homelink Garage Door remote for the XLT.
Back seat with regards to storage, no 60\40 and doesn't lay flat.
Heated Mirrors for XLT

I know I have more nitpicks but really I knew what I was buying, with exception to the Homelink. Just figured a $41,000+ vehicle would have that as standard equipment. My bad, I didn't check when bought the truck. I still love this truck and still get an endorphin rush when I get to drive it.

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
Tailgate damper.
I'd like to see one enhancement to the security: when you walk away from the truck with the fob it locks automatically like my wife's Honda.
USB outlets at the top of windshield.

GOR

First Name
GLENN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 2019 Ranger Lariat & 2016 Expedition-King Ranch
Occupation
U.S. Army Retired
Ventilated seats
Heated steering wheel
Tilting side mirrors in reverse
Driver's side pillar handle
HUD for speed, nav, etc.
Wireless charger
You covered my recommendations - I have 2019 Ranger -Relly miss the heated steering wheel and the driver side pillar handle.

GOR

First Name
GLENN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 2019 Ranger Lariat & 2016 Expedition-King Ranch
Occupation
U.S. Army Retired
Also, my ranger color is HOT CHILI PEPPER RED -- what happened to this color for the 2020 Ranger?
Sponsored