What do you regret buying for your Ranger?

ParkerAzJeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Ranger 2019 Ranger
I'd also like to apologize to the OP and those who contributed valuable information for hijacking this thread and adding my commentary. Sorry Y'all. Moving forward I'll stick to the topic.
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I'd also like to apologize to the OP and those who contributed valuable information for hijacking this thread and adding my commentary. Sorry Y'all. Moving forward I'll stick to the topic.
While I understand what you're saying there isn't a forum out there where post don't go off topic. I've moderated my local gun forum and you can not police everyone or else most will just leave. You want to see an off topic shit show go spend some time on Tacoma World. They do nothing but fight and ridicule you if you don't agree with them. At least here it's a fun forum where we all (for the most part) get along and help each other while having fun too.

Yesterday I was on the Bronco6G forum and the was a post about the crash bars. That soon tuned into a rant about Covid about 4 pages in and then the auto start stop. Talk about off topic. What I'm saying is yes I admit the damper thing does get out of control at times but it's not intensional. I did start a Damper Mods thread in hopes of containing it there but looks like that didn't work out so well. There are a lot of posts on here that go off topic (not like the damper) I'll read a few than I just skip over them. Life's way to short to be serious and let these little things bother you. ?

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat 4X4
Occupation
Retired
While I understand what you're saying there isn't a forum out there where post don't go off topic. I've moderated my local gun forum and you can not police everyone or else most will just leave. You want to see an off topic shit show go spend some time on Tacoma World. They do nothing but fight and ridicule you if you don't agree with them. At least here it's a fun forum where we all (for the most part) get along and help each other while having fun too.

Yesterday I was on the Bronco6G forum and the was a post about the crash bars. That soon tuned into a rant about Covid about 4 pages in and then the auto start stop. Talk about off topic. What I'm saying is yes I admit the damper thing does get out of control at times but it's not intensional. I did start a Damper Mods thread in hopes of containing it there but looks like that didn't work out so well. There are a lot of posts on here that go off topic (not like the damper) I'll read a few than I just skip over them. Life's way to short to be serious and let these little things bother you. ?
I concur, now back to cooking with Sid :LOL:
Edit: CRS has hindered my process :like:

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 2023 Escape PHEV

Here it is all good natured and makes many laugh. Laughter is very good medicine in these times. I hope the fun continues.

ScrappyLaptop

First Name
Scrappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT SuperCrew 2x4
Occupation
IT
Good idea, but this still wouldn't have solved my problem. When loaded with junk, such as construction material, it's too hard (and often impossible) to move stuff out of the way to reach to the bottom of the box. Also, the low tie downs suck if the a cover pops off and your loaded with gravel.

Also need to add to my regrets about buying the Ford weather mats. Don't like that it doesn't go under the gas pedal and over the door sill.

Damn! I have a lot of regrets..:facepalm:
Someone I used to see around town some years ago had a DIY solution for tarping loads. They clamped a length of angle iron along each bed rail as if it was the bottom rail of a bed topper/cap using j-bolts (or c-clamps, I don't remember which). Then they drilled holes on the upright section at each end & the middle for tie downs. The same concept could be made to look much nicer.

It could even attach like tonneau rails, have sliding attachment points and cost $900 from Yakima if they'd make such a thing.

(looks at Yakima site)

Heck, there should just be clamp-on tie-downs. Sorta like the end brackets for a Yakima (or other) bed rack but with a loop. Something like this but with a tie-down loop that fits on each bracket instead of a crossbar connecting two brackets.
Yakima Truck Bed Rail

thewhiteranger

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger fx2 and a 2019 Subaru Outback
Occupation
medical
Extang Tailgate seal.....POS....

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
I was going to buy that - a little annoyed by the ridiculous gap around the tailgate I know it is a REALLY little thing to be annoyed by but Ill take your word for it and pass on the tailgate seal its not a huge deal anyway. I noticed it while installing my totally unnecessary but pretty cool to have tailgate damper-- amazon 'buy it now' is a curse!

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

Here it is all good natured and makes many laugh. Laughter is very good medicine in these times. I hope the fun continues.
Like I mentioned before, observations are just observations and the best I ever read was, "...there are two types of people who view the world everyday, those who are waiting to die and those who are waiting for Christmas."

1606695246542.png
?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
It'd be a small set of people who can reach into their bed...sorta like The Dave (@AzScorpion ) v me (@FoD) :LOL:

1606694672184.png
Terry, I told you not to share my picture. I like to remain anonymous on here. ?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
What i want to know, is how many posers bought a TG damper and never open their tailgate?
I'm in/out of mine several times a day for work. This is why I love it because when my hands are full I don't have to drop everything. Just lift with one finger while it slooowly falls. ?

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I'm in/out of mine several times a day for work. This is why I love it because when my hands are full I don't have to drop everything. Just lift with one finger while it slooowly falls. ?
Great!...A rated "PG" forum and you are telling us you finger your "truck":lipssealed:

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
What i want to know, is how many posers bought a TG damper and never open their tailgate?
No poser here. When it comes to these high beds on these trucks (not unlike the F-150's I've owned) I have to drop the tailgate, and crawl in there to get the stuff I haul. Problem being I'm to danged short to reach over the side rails. :)
Sponsored