What do you regret buying for your Ranger?

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
OMG... this tail gate damper discussion is a disease. It's slowing spreading throughout all the threads. o_O
It's becoming a "Pandampic"!:facepalm:
Sponsored

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
You underestimate the power of The Dave!
1606440015983.png
"The Dave" is wise, "The Dave" is good.......... he gets 4 of Tracy's dancing turkey's:turkey::turkey::turkey::turkey:, but deserves many more. I bow to the master.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
This fellow just purchased and installed his damper.

article-2365652-1AD6647A000005DC-853_634x441.jpg

Highly approved.
Now you tell me Dennis. If I would have known that the damper would make girls flock to me like that I'd have bought two. :)

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
That was Terry @FoD.... Standing back watching his tailgate fall for the first time with his new damper. ?
Tailgate dropping along with the inhibitions of all those females...

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
2) The bedliner just makes it too hard to get at the tie-down hooks; especially when loaded. If Ford had put the hooks up higher, it wouldn't be an issue, because I've had liners before and never saw this as a problem...
I realize you already resolved (2-bedliner) but for anyone who hasn't, I felt the same way about the drop-in liner on my prior Ranger until I started using a workaround that eliminated the problem for me.

My sister had a Ranger, too, but she'd spent a summer in her 20's as a stagehand for some travelling show. She taught me the trick of clipping a big carabiner or locking carabiner (looks like a link of chain with a nut in the middle, covering a gap) to each tie-down. They extend the tie-down so it pokes out the access hole. When you want to use the hole covers, the carabiners tuck inside the liner, out of sight.

It would be really good if extended tie-downs were available that would just reach the access holes yet still allow the plugs to fit. Wouldn't be hard to make, especially for light duty use milled from aluminum.
Good idea, but this still wouldn't have solved my problem. When loaded with junk, such as construction material, it's too hard (and often impossible) to move stuff out of the way to reach to the bottom of the box. Also, the low tie downs suck if the a cover pops off and your loaded with gravel.

Also need to add to my regrets about buying the Ford weather mats. Don't like that it doesn't go under the gas pedal and over the door sill.

Damn! I have a lot of regrets..:facepalm:

Canadian Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amsoil.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Amsoil Dealer
May I comment on something I hope I don't regret buying for my Ranger? I'm concerned the Thule bed rack that Ford offers with the Ranger won't be robust enough to handle the dynamic weight of the Ford offered rooftop tent. The wind forces applied onto to those tents going down the road must far outweigh the racks capibility. A 100lb tent suddenly weighs 300lbs on the highway. Not to mention the side to side forces while offroad.

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
I couldn't agree more. I wish the threads would stay on topic. By the way, no regrets on my purchases.
To wit an obscure quote attributed to Abner Doubleday, "Don't take the world serious".

Last edited:

ParkerAzJeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Ranger 2019 Ranger
To wit an obscure quote attributed to Abner Doubledsy, "Don't take the world serious".
I get it that you and others are having fun with it. I'll admit I found it funny for awhile, but I'm confident that others feel the same as me & wish we could give the damper a rest. Please understand there is no disrespect intended by comments.

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
I get it that you and others are having fun with it. I'll admit I found it funny for awhile, but I'm confident that others feel the same as me & wish we could give the damper a rest. Please understand there is no disrespect intended by comments.
None taken, observations are just observations.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone here actually regretted installing a damper? Don't knock it till you try it...?

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone here actually regretted installing a damper? Don't knock it till you try it...?
I don't. Still one of my top mods, honestly.
Sponsored