What did you receive in the mail today for your Ranger?

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
No need for a leveling kit, this thing weighs a ton (okay, maybe 30 pounds? It's a beast!).

That little plate at the top is an "anti-theft" plate. Depending on how close the ball mount is to the receiver, you may need this to stop people from stealing the adjustable ball mount portion. That plate's not listed on their site (I ordered straight from B&W, no need to give Jeff Bezos a cut of their profits), so you just send an email to them with your order number and they'll send it out as a courtesy for free. You can see it in the side shot of the mounted hitch.

IMG_20220519_104312592.jpg
IMG_20220519_105234283.jpg
IMG_20220519_105222590.jpg
IMG_20220519_105158147_HDR.jpg

Lol, the hitch is all dusty from the heavy packaging and I didn't wipe it off.

I haven't even washed the truck yet and I didn't have the dealer wash it either, there's still rail yard mud on it!

ControlNode

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Civic "2000S"/16 Focus RS/21 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Computers
Can this be added to a XLT 302a based truck? If so what are benefits
As mentioned in this post, I'm adding a GMRS radio to my truck that supports a remote face plate. With the radio body (with the built in speakers) behind the rear seats I don't think I'll be able to really hear it. I don't think the speaker on the mic itself is loud enough to use while driving. The radio supports external speakers so I plan to use that center dash speaker as the remote speaker for the GMRS radio. Sound should bounce off the glass for good quality sound.

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
Got these stainless steel license plate screws. On my 2005 Scion, the heads rusted off and I've used 3M double-backed tape to hold it on for the last 5 or 6 years.
IMG_20220520_081726872.jpg

Strobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT Sport 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
Samsung Smart Tag which will be attached to the Ranger key ring. It will be bluetoothed to my Galaxy and if the keys are lost will detect them to up 130 yards. I need this with my OCD!... :crazy: ;)

Smart Tag.jpg
I bought a 4 pack of AirPods for my two sets of keys, and one of them hides in the toolbox in the back. If anybody steals my rig I will find them and introduce them to my friend Beretta.

Dunneldeen

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger FX4
I love mine! I think they’ll be all I use or recommend, for any vehicle.
I've used Proclip mounts on at least 6 vehicles now and probably twice that many phones. They have all been very sturdy and fit good. The Ranger mount fits tighter than most I've had and is very sturdy as well. Located just below the screen, a phone would probably be in the way (just my opinion), but I have other ideas for mine.

Sariandan

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang EcoBoost
Occupation
Paramedic/Shift Supervisor
I've used Proclip mounts on at least 6 vehicles now and probably twice that many phones. They have all been very sturdy and fit good. The Ranger mount fits tighter than most I've had and is very sturdy as well. Located just below the screen, a phone would probably be in the way (just my opinion), but I have other ideas for mine.
It really depends on the phone. I have the iPhone 12 Pro Max, and it only covers the very right corner of the screen. There’s nothing there that I use, so it doesn’t bother me.

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
1. Tailgate letters
2. Garmin Drive 52 GPS
3. Hot chocolate mixer

The tailgate letters have a quality look and are raised and beveled. Will send pics as soon as I install them.

Loved my dependable Garmin Nuvi 52 LM but she came to the end of her life. Worked perfectly (In cities, rural and country areas) except for a one time issue...wouldn't accept an address that I tried to enter in. Not the device's fault but a mapmaker's error. Solution: find the business located closest to the address and enter it and it will put you in the neighborhood. Garmin has quality products and good tech support. I prefer using the Garmin as my primary GPS and then if any problems develop use my phone as a backup. This new Garmin will give me an excuse to plan another trip! :)

Chocolate mixer. I make hot chocolate every other day using Trader Joe's unsweetened cocoa powder, honey and organic milk to help promote heart health.

Tailgate letters level.jpg

Amazon.com: okrex Ranger Accessories Tailgate Insert Letters Compatible with Ranger Auto Safety Tailgate Letters for Ranger 2019 2020 2021 2022 3D Raised Rear Emblem Decals with Seccotine(Matte Black) : Automotive

Garmin GPS.jpg

Amazon.com: Garmin Drive 52, GPS Navigator with 5” Display, Simple On-Screen Menus and Easy-to-See Maps : Electronics

Hot Chocolate mixer.jpg

Amazon.com: FrothBlast™ Milk Frother Handheld for Coffee {Foam Maker} Electric Whisk Drink Mixer for Lattes, Cappuccino, Frappe, Matcha, Hot Chocolate (Black): Home & Kitchen

Last edited:

Sharky

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger 2015 Ford Focus 1934 model 40
Occupation
retired
looks like that Garmin 52 is a refurbished unit per the ad ????

Works and looks like new and backed by the Amazon Renewed Guarantee

Reactions: Doc

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
Reactions: Doc

Sharky

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger 2015 Ford Focus 1934 model 40
Occupation
retired
you are correct. I needed to read more of the fine print.......
I think that is wrong as some people will not see the rest of the description......