What did you receive in the mail today for your Ranger?

raptome

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Whelp, I went to install the RCI skid plates today and every box (engine, transmission, and transfer case skid) was missing several parts. Even piecing together from multiple boxes I didn’t have enough to install a single skid plate. I’m hoping they have good customer support and I can get everything mounted up later this week.
That said, the build quality of the skids (I got the black powder coated aluminum is amazing. The installation looks easy and I took off the air dam and stock skids while I had the truck up. I’m guessing I’ll get all three on (once I have parts) in about an hour.
I am anxious to see them installed and what u think afterwards.

Reactions: Doc

Danager

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge
Occupation
Manager
I ordered a glass screen protector for the infotainment/nav screen. This one came from Amazon for $24.00CAD. This one is 1/3 the price of the one from a site sponsor here. I figure it is cheap insurance against the girlfriend’s nails tapping the screen.
46B60DAC-3BD1-4166-A7E0-A5A0B0F81AAD.png

Cabose-1

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT FX2
Occupation
Student
I ordered a glass screen protector for the infotainment/nav screen. This one came from Amazon for $24.00CAD. This one is 1/3 the price of the one from a site sponsor here. I figure it is cheap insurance against the girlfriend’s nails tapping the screen.
46B60DAC-3BD1-4166-A7E0-A5A0B0F81AAD.png
I got a glass one from Amazon too. Been working great so far. No glare, or rainbows. I put it on crooked :( but oh well, it works.

RangerDanger617

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 - Cactus Grey
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I got a glass one from Amazon too. Been working great so far. No glare, or rainbows. I put it on crooked :( but oh well, it works.
Ditto. The glass one from amazon works great. Figured I'd get some protection for the screen from grit/scratches. I also placed mine crooked and had wicked bubbles. Popped it up and reset it without bubbles by sneaking a credit card in the corner.

Lateknightucd

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Lariat Jungle Edition
Occupation
Medical Compliance
Thanks, I’m hoping so! Like I said, otherwise super impressed so far.
I just got off the phone with RCI. They were super apologetic and will be sending out replacement parts by Priority mail today hopefully arriving Wednesday! I try to be understanding that sh*t happens when it comes to manufacturing and I think how a company responds to that is a good telltale. So far consider me impressed.

underwhelmed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SC XLT FX4, 1998 Jeep Cherokee XJ
Occupation
Retired Military
Vehicle Showcase
Going to try these black/gray tailgate/grille/steering wheel overlays. If they suck then m out $20 and will order the Ford black pkg replacements ?

AA982D93-63C9-4AA4-8AF0-3DDB87B853EB.jpeg

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
I just got off the phone with RCI. They were super apologetic and will be sending out replacement parts by Priority mail today hopefully arriving Wednesday! I try to be understanding that sh*t happens when it comes to manufacturing and I think how a company responds to that is a good telltale. So far consider me impressed.
RCI is one of those rare types in this industry now a days. Actually answer inquires and communicate. They were a big help when I built my roof platform and I needed various panel components from them that were not readily available for order from their website.

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
Brian, the spare tire hanger is only lightly padded, which is no big deal for the steelie factory spare. When the wheel is flipped with the valve facing down, the hanger will be cinched up against the “good” side of your shiny new wheel. I haven’t found a good solution for additional padding yet (yes, laziness) so mine is still valve side up because I don’t want my nice wheel getting buggered up by the hanger.
^^^ This.

Also the backside of the wheel (pointed up) won't fill up with crud.

With the valve stem oriented towards the passenger rear corner, easy to reach up and over to check pressure.