What did you receive in the mail today for your Ranger?

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
nice, are the back ones the double sided tape or clips and does the front window auto up/down work fine? had the weathertechs on another car and the auto up/down would hit the deflector and go back down and the clips in the back didnt work very well. thanks
Front windows work perfectly.
Back windows insert like the fronts as tension keeps them in. There was some tape on the back ones, yes. Clips were on the fronts.
I followed the install directions to the letter and have had zero problems with window functions.

raptome

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Front windows work perfectly.
Back windows insert like the fronts as tension keeps them in. There was some tape on the back ones, yes. Clips were on the fronts.
I followed the install directions to the letter and have had zero problems with window functions.
I appreciate the info. Thank you

underwhelmed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SC XLT FX4, 1998 Jeep Cherokee XJ
Occupation
Retired Military
Vehicle Showcase
UPS guy just dropped off the Drop Steps I ordered. Getting a beer, a cigar and the instructions (probably totally complete and easy to understand ??). Try to get them on before dark today.

BC3FF62C-DEF1-4A66-A282-F1AF8EC58CF3.jpeg

underwhelmed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SC XLT FX4, 1998 Jeep Cherokee XJ
Occupation
Retired Military
Vehicle Showcase
UPS guy just dropped off the Drop Steps I ordered. Getting a beer, a cigar and the instructions (probably totally complete and easy to understand ??). Try to get them on before dark today.
Not happening today. Need another set of hands to hang steps on the hardware. To awkward to handle by myself. Less weight than I expected. Gotta bribe someone with beer and/or whiskey tomorrow.

Last edited:

Lateknightucd

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Lariat Jungle Edition
Occupation
Medical Compliance
Today was a big day! My RCI skid plates (engine, tranny, and transfer case) showed up today along with my Fox/Ford Performance leveling kit, and my UPR dual valve catch can. Skids and catch can go on this weekend, new tires (275/65R18) tomorrow, and level kit next Friday!

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
You're about to have an entirely new driving experience. Enjoy.
Well that's what I was told when I did the rears... Wasn't a "night and day" difference like everyone says. But then, the ranger handles like shit compared to other trucks I've had so we'll see.

Front tires definitely get choppy over rough roads, making my truck skip around to the point it's becoming a safety hazard for me and other drivers. Will update in a couple weeks once I find a decent shop to do the install.

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
Dang it, I thought I was studly with my 30" breaker bar until I saw that Harbor Freight has a 38" one - I'm so inadequate now! Although, with my atrophied damper arms, I probably couldn't wield that 38" one anyway!

But I did get an extra 10mm for my onboard toolkit. I have a normal 10mm wrench and 10mm socket, but you guys always talk about missing 10mm tools, so I picked up this fancy pants one with reversible ratchet (because who wants to deal with all the bother of turning the wrench around!). =D

IMG_20230326_122437274_HDR.jpg

Lateknightucd

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Medical Compliance
Today was a big day! My RCI skid plates (engine, tranny, and transfer case) showed up today along with my Fox/Ford Performance leveling kit, and my UPR dual valve catch can. Skids and catch can go on this weekend, new tires (275/65R18) tomorrow, and level kit next Friday!
Whelp, I went to install the RCI skid plates today and every box (engine, transmission, and transfer case skid) was missing several parts. Even piecing together from multiple boxes I didn’t have enough to install a single skid plate. I’m hoping they have good customer support and I can get everything mounted up later this week.
That said, the build quality of the skids (I got the black powder coated aluminum is amazing. The installation looks easy and I took off the air dam and stock skids while I had the truck up. I’m guessing I’ll get all three on (once I have parts) in about an hour.

Lateknightucd

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Medical Compliance
I have to say I am surprised by the missing pieces. I have almost enough extra for a whole second install. They seem to have good customer service, so I am sure they will take care of it.
Thanks, I’m hoping so! Like I said, otherwise super impressed so far.

Scottopia

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '11 GMC Acadia, '03 HD VRod
Occupation
Grand Sovereign Monarch of Scottopia
Vehicle Showcase