Sponsored

What did you do WITH your Ranger today?

pbethel

Well-Known Member
First Name
Patrick
Joined
Aug 9, 2021
Threads
5
Messages
836
Reaction score
2,097
Location
kingman az
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2016 Ford t250 Transit
Occupation
retired
I'm running out of big trees so the Milwaukees work good for me. Wish there was a standardized battery that worked with all brands to make switching easy. Most my trees are under 24 inches and that's all my sawmill will handle. When I started milling I designed and built an automatic log arch that is only good for up to 24 inches. Here's an old video
Handling the logs with tiny equipment is the hardest part. Nothing like wood heat. We love our Jotul Oslo. Sorry for hijacking this thread. Back to Ranger stuff.
google 'ceenr'
Sponsored

 

AzScorpion

Moderator
First Name
Dave
Joined
Jul 25, 2019
Threads
342
Messages
27,112
Reaction score
137,223
Location
Back Home In AZ!
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired...Full Time Slacker
A while back, in the old house in western MA, We decided on a complete mudroom, kitchen, half bath, and foyer renovation. The mudroom and half bath had commercial ceramic tile on the floors that was in great shape. However, the kitchen and foyer, about 200sf, had what was essentially wall tile on luan over a 3/4" ply subfloor. Rather than hire someone or rent a demo hammer, my son and I set up my pancake compressor and an air chisel and went at it. He was having so much fun being Demo Man that I just him have at it while I cleaned up behind him. It took us two days. It took another two days to pull out all of the loose subfloor nails and screw it down properly, and replace sketchy sections along the way. On top of that, I put 1/4" Hardie Backer, screwed and cemented, and then did the smart thing and had a tile shop install high traffic ceramic tile.
Where in WMA were you? I grew up in Wilbraham and lived there for 50 years then built my 2 houses in Monson before moving to AZ in 2015. When I remodeled my bath I did the tile demo myself but only had a flat bar and ice scrapper. ?‍♂ I swear they put 5,000 staples in that darn luan and I was pulling them out for hours. I let me buddy (who's a remodeler/builder) finish the rest. I could make more money at my normal job and it was easier work. lol
 

shovelhd

Well-Known Member
First Name
Chris
Joined
Jul 16, 2024
Threads
3
Messages
243
Reaction score
688
Location
Cape Cod, MA
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
retired electrical engineer
Where in WMA were you? I grew up in Wilbraham and lived there for 50 years then built my 2 houses in Monson before moving to AZ in 2015. When I remodeled my bath I did the tile demo myself but only had a flat bar and ice scrapper. ?‍♂ I swear they put 5,000 staples in that darn luan and I was pulling them out for hours. I let me buddy (who's a remodeler/builder) finish the rest. I could make more money at my normal job and it was easier work. lol
Not too far from you. We lived in Belchertown, about a mile from the Quabbin, for 26 years while we put our kids through school. We had no ties there after we left, so when I retired, we moved to the Cape.

I did a stud-out reno of our master bath in this house, and did all of the tiling myself. It was no big deal, because we had two other bathrooms. The kitchen and foyer were high traffic areas, so we wanted it done in two days.
 

dano42

Well-Known Member
First Name
Dan
Joined
Jan 2, 2022
Threads
25
Messages
214
Reaction score
731
Location
California Central Coast
Vehicle(s)
2021Ranger Lariat Tremor, 2024 BMW X5
Occupation
Retired!
Ok my shoulders and hip are getting sore reading about your exploits. At 67 an hour or two in the yard wipes me out. Can’t say I miss fixing crap all the time but I am forced to on occasion, and I will usually do it in phases, intermixed with ice and possibly a cold beer here and there. I have found that after a project in which I have destroyed my shoulders, neck and back for an extended period of time, at that point I ask myself how much I would pay to have the pain go away, and it usually is as much as if I had paid someone to do it. It took me awhile to figure this out, but life is less painful now that I have.
 

Doc

Well-Known Member
First Name
Doc
Joined
Dec 24, 2018
Threads
94
Messages
5,836
Reaction score
23,517
Location
Live oak fla
Vehicle(s)
2026 5.0 Mustang GT, 2024 Ranger STX
Occupation
Retired
Where in WMA were you? I grew up in Wilbraham and lived there for 50 years then built my 2 houses in Monson before moving to AZ in 2015. When I remodeled my bath I did the tile demo myself but only had a flat bar and ice scrapper. ?‍♂ I swear they put 5,000 staples in that darn luan and I was pulling them out for hours. I let me buddy (who's a remodeler/builder) finish the rest. I could make more money at my normal job and it was easier work. lol
Not Western..but I’m from Marlboro ..
 


shovelhd

Well-Known Member
First Name
Chris
Joined
Jul 16, 2024
Threads
3
Messages
243
Reaction score
688
Location
Cape Cod, MA
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
retired electrical engineer
Ok my shoulders and hip are getting sore reading about your exploits. At 67 an hour or two in the yard wipes me out. Can’t say I miss fixing crap all the time but I am forced to on occasion, and I will usually do it in phases, intermixed with ice and possibly a cold beer here and there. I have found that after a project in which I have destroyed my shoulders, neck and back for an extended period of time, at that point I ask myself how much I would pay to have the pain go away, and it usually is as much as if I had paid someone to do it. It took me awhile to figure this out, but life is less painful now that I have.
Nothinh wrong with that. I still work a part time job, and pick and choose what I contract out.
 

shovelhd

Well-Known Member
First Name
Chris
Joined
Jul 16, 2024
Threads
3
Messages
243
Reaction score
688
Location
Cape Cod, MA
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
retired electrical engineer
Not Western..but I’m from Marlboro ..
In a prior life, I lived on Queen Street in Marlboro. It's a block behind Main Street up on the hill. Back then I did sound contracting and DJ work on the side. I spent a lot of time at Souvenirs and the Horseshoe Pub in Hudson.
 

subquark

Well-Known Member
First Name
David
Joined
Jan 28, 2022
Threads
11
Messages
4,566
Reaction score
23,251
Location
Portsmouth, NH
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
I would not quite call that fits :inspect:. That's like me putting on a tight pair of pants and saying they fit with my belly hanging over my belt :D
LOL, you spying on me with a drone? I'm a charter member of the Dicky Do Club!

I wear suspenders and a belt, oh yeah, no six pack here, full-size keg! =D

So today, another sLowe's run and Soupie hit 6,700 miles. My overall MPG, according to the truck since it started life, is a whopping 17.0 mpg! =(

Good thing the dump is only 3.2 miles round trip. =p

1000003707.webp


1000003708.jpg


I need me this Lowe's mini carport, just big enough to stop acorn dents on the cab! =D
1000003709.jpg
 

subquark

Well-Known Member
First Name
David
Joined
Jan 28, 2022
Threads
11
Messages
4,566
Reaction score
23,251
Location
Portsmouth, NH
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
A while back, in the old house in western MA, We decided on a complete mudroom, kitchen, half bath, and foyer renovation. The mudroom and half bath had commercial ceramic tile on the floors that was in great shape. However, the kitchen and foyer, about 200sf, had what was essentially wall tile on luan over a 3/4" ply subfloor. Rather than hire someone or rent a demo hammer, my son and I set up my pancake compressor and an air chisel and went at it. He was having so much fun being Demo Man that I just him have at it while I cleaned up behind him. It took us two days. It took another two days to pull out all of the loose subfloor nails and screw it down properly, and replace sketchy sections along the way. On top of that, I put 1/4" Hardie Backer, screwed and cemented, and then did the smart thing and had a tile shop install high traffic ceramic tile.
LOL, I used the air hammer with a 2"wide chisel to get the 1955 linoleum tiles up. It's a tiny bathroom but a pry bar and 2 pound sledge would have taken me an hour and torn up my shoulders. Air hammer took about 10 minutes and was a whole lot more fun and Tim the Toolman Approved!

That was an awesome experience for your son and makes you a pretty great dad! =)
 

Fordup

Well-Known Member
First Name
Ed
Joined
Jun 3, 2022
Threads
20
Messages
2,200
Reaction score
10,742
Location
NY
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Lariat Crew , 1966 Chevrolet Biscayne
Occupation
Retired YouTube Creator
LOL, I used the air hammer with a 2"wide chisel to get the 1955 linoleum tiles up. It's a tiny bathroom but a pry bar and 2 pound sledge would have taken me an hour and torn up my shoulders. Air hammer took about 10 minutes and was a whole lot more fun and Tim the Toolman Approved!

That was an awesome experience for your son and makes you a pretty great dad! =)
Sounds like you need a sds shank hammer drill :giggle:. Air hammers blow that fine dust everywhere. Those tiles probably have asbestos in them if from 1955 and need proper handling.
 

Doc

Well-Known Member
First Name
Doc
Joined
Dec 24, 2018
Threads
94
Messages
5,836
Reaction score
23,517
Location
Live oak fla
Vehicle(s)
2026 5.0 Mustang GT, 2024 Ranger STX
Occupation
Retired
In a prior life, I lived on Queen Street in Marlboro. It's a block behind Main Street up on the hill. Back then I did sound contracting and DJ work on the side. I spent a lot of time at Souvenirs and the Horseshoe Pub in Hudson.
I was a kid then 1950s, my alcoholic dad used to take me to the Rod and gun club and the VFW in Hudson, I lived on Warren Ave, left Mass in 1958 ..
 

Doc

Well-Known Member
First Name
Doc
Joined
Dec 24, 2018
Threads
94
Messages
5,836
Reaction score
23,517
Location
Live oak fla
Vehicle(s)
2026 5.0 Mustang GT, 2024 Ranger STX
Occupation
Retired
LOL, you spying on me with a drone? I'm a charter member of the Dicky Do Club!

I wear suspenders and a belt, oh yeah, no six pack here, full-size keg! =D

So today, another sLowe's run and Soupie hit 6,700 miles. My overall MPG, according to the truck since it started life, is a whopping 17.0 mpg! =(

Good thing the dump is only 3.2 miles round trip. =p

1000003707.jpg


1000003708.jpg


I need me this Lowe's mini carport, just big enough to stop acorn dents on the cab! =D
1000003709.jpg
Love that color !
 

Shanewdude

Well-Known Member
First Name
Shane
Joined
Oct 5, 2024
Threads
4
Messages
56
Reaction score
254
Location
Canada
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
carpenter
Sounds like you need a sds shank hammer drill :giggle:. Air hammers blow that fine dust everywhere. Those tiles probably have asbestos in them if from 1955 and need proper handling.
Mortar dust is pretty bad for you, too. I do a lot of demo in my line of work (carpenter), and remove a lot of old tile. I always wear a respirator. Tile and mortar dust boogers suck.
 

AzScorpion

Moderator
First Name
Dave
Joined
Jul 25, 2019
Threads
342
Messages
27,112
Reaction score
137,223
Location
Back Home In AZ!
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired...Full Time Slacker
I was a kid then 1950s, my alcoholic dad used to take me to the Rod and gun club and the VFW in Hudson,

I lived on Warren Ave, left Mass in 1958 ..
lol I wasn't even born yet. Heck, I wasn't even a thought back then. :giggle:?
 
 








Top