Sponsored

What did you do WITH your Ranger today?

23HRPXL

Well-Known Member
First Name
Chris
Joined
Oct 14, 2023
Threads
0
Messages
86
Reaction score
374
Location
Aiken, SC
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger XL Supercab, 2014 Mustang Conv.
Occupation
Engineer
Camping. First trip with the Ford aftermarket Trailer Brake Control. Vehicle pulled fantastic! Had a 2016 Ram previously, I didn't feel like this was worse at pulling. Only thing the Ram had longer and wider wheelbase so slightly more stable on the highway. Also, the Ram being full size and wider, the mirrors could see more. Only real disadvantages here.

tempImage7hWVDy.webp


tempImage3q1d3a.webp
Sponsored

 

kendive

Well-Known Member
First Name
Ken
Joined
Sep 30, 2023
Threads
5
Messages
234
Reaction score
523
Location
Florida
Vehicle(s)
23 Ranger Lariat Tech Pkg Tremor
This is the what did you do WITH your Ranger thread not the what did you do behind its back thread……?????

Got to admit I spent an hour looking at 2 Door Broncos online today. Not practical at all, but reminds me of my 75 Bronco.
I would not be interested in a Bronco but they are freaking cool. If I stay with ford probably will go back to an F150 these Rangers are just lacking esp coming from an F150. I found some ones I like and price don't matter because I can get any ford plan pretty easy. I would just pay cash for the difference and this ranger is paid for. loans just get in the way. LOL

I did find a used F150 Tremor I like might jump on it...
 

Grumpaw

Well-Known Member
First Name
Steve
Joined
Jul 1, 2021
Threads
84
Messages
6,045
Reaction score
30,193
Location
Fishersville, Va.
Vehicle(s)
Previous 2021 Ranger, Now 2019 Ford Expedition
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt., Grumpy Old Senior Citizen
Camping. First trip with the Ford aftermarket Trailer Brake Control. Vehicle pulled fantastic! Had a 2016 Ram previously, I didn't feel like this was worse at pulling. Only thing the Ram had longer and wider wheelbase so slightly more stable on the highway. Also, the Ram being full size and wider, the mirrors could see more. Only real disadvantages here.

tempImage7hWVDy.webp


tempImage3q1d3a.webp
Nice set-up...
If you plan on towing/camping a lot, look at the ClearView Mirrors (web site ClearView).
They are Australian in design and "pull out" like mirrors on full size trucks with tow packages.
Several of us have them and aside from the initial price, their the best way to go. Can't say enough good things about them....easily one of the best "mods" if you tow a full size (8 foot wide) camper.
Their available for the different Rangers/packages....plug-n-play.
 

subquark

Well-Known Member
First Name
David
Joined
Jan 28, 2022
Threads
11
Messages
4,566
Reaction score
23,251
Location
Portsmouth, NH
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
Nice set-up...
If you plan on towing/camping a lot, look at the ClearView Mirrors (web site ClearView).
They are Australian in design and "pull out" like mirrors on full size trucks with tow packages.
Several of us have them and aside from the initial price, their the best way to go. Can't say enough good things about them....easily one of the best "mods" if you tow a full size (8 foot wide) camper.
Their available for the different Rangers/packages....plug-n-play.
Don't listen to these guys, you'll go broke.

Nothing wrong with a stick and some duck tape.

1720203005914-x0.png


Or show off your woodworking skills.

1720203096218-v9.png
 


bsr956

Well-Known Member
First Name
Brian
Joined
May 17, 2023
Threads
6
Messages
291
Reaction score
1,636
Location
Lenoir, NC
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4X4; 2013 Nissan Altima
Have you heard this one before? Went on a 3 hour tour...... was actually about 4 hours, 7 miles round trip but a good time.
20240705_104801.jpg
20240705_110235.webp
20240705_121432_resized.webp
20240705_122118.jpg
 

DukeCanBuildit

Well-Known Member
First Name
Duke
Joined
Jul 27, 2020
Threads
66
Messages
8,802
Reaction score
42,033
Location
Here
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Camping. First trip with the Ford aftermarket Trailer Brake Control. Vehicle pulled fantastic! Had a 2016 Ram previously, I didn't feel like this was worse at pulling. Only thing the Ram had longer and wider wheelbase so slightly more stable on the highway. Also, the Ram being full size and wider, the mirrors could see more. Only real disadvantages here.

tempImage7hWVDy.webp


tempImage3q1d3a.webp
Nice TBC location. ?

You should have bought the Marshall TBC - I hear it goes all the way up to 11. ;)

IMG_6718.webp
 

23HRPXL

Well-Known Member
First Name
Chris
Joined
Oct 14, 2023
Threads
0
Messages
86
Reaction score
374
Location
Aiken, SC
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger XL Supercab, 2014 Mustang Conv.
Occupation
Engineer
Nice TBC location. ?

You should have bought the Marshall TBC - I hear it goes all the way up to 11. ;)

IMG_6718.jpeg
I had no say in the location, dealer put it there. Would have liked to sacrifice the 12V nearest to the driver, easier to see. But it works great.
 

subquark

Well-Known Member
First Name
David
Joined
Jan 28, 2022
Threads
11
Messages
4,566
Reaction score
23,251
Location
Portsmouth, NH
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
I had no say in the location, dealer put it there. Would have liked to sacrifice the 12V nearest to the driver, easier to see. But it works great.
I've been going back and forth where to put that dial. I thought I wouldn't want it there, in the Ford TBC location. I think there's a small molded ridge in that spot, on the back side, and it makes for a location with no flex as far as twisting and mashing on it.

I've now been considering putting it there too.

But really nice setup! I love the size of your travel trailer. =)

Is yours a bunk model?

Kate and I like their CLASSIC 160QB layout for the two of us (plus Cheech, of course). =D

1720311919463-ix.png
 
Last edited:

23HRPXL

Well-Known Member
First Name
Chris
Joined
Oct 14, 2023
Threads
0
Messages
86
Reaction score
374
Location
Aiken, SC
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger XL Supercab, 2014 Mustang Conv.
Occupation
Engineer
I've been going back and forth where to put that dial. I thought I wouldn't want it there, in the Ford TBC location. I think there's a small molded ridge in that spot, on the back side, and it makes for a location with no flex as far as twisting and mashing on it.

I've now been considering putting it there too.

But really nice setup! I love the size of your travel trailer. =)

Is yours a bunk model?

Kate and I like their CLASSIC 160QB layout for the two of us (plus Cheech, of course). =D

1720311919463-ix.png
I have a 16 ft. with the bunk where the closet and dinette is on your pic. The queen bed then becomes the dinette.

yea the dealer said Ford had specified the location for the TBC. It's fine, just a little hard to see, but it's all good.
 

underwhelmed

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2023
Threads
27
Messages
1,132
Reaction score
6,415
Location
GSMs
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SC XLT FX4, 1998 Jeep Cherokee XJ
Occupation
Retired Military
Vehicle Showcase
1
Gave the transmission a workout. Had to drive the Tail of the Dragon going and coming to get to my fishing spot and home. I hate that road.

IMG_1797.jpeg
IMG_1754.jpeg
IMG_1746.jpeg
IMG_1794.jpeg
IMG_1753.jpeg
IMG_1764.jpeg
IMG_1761.jpeg
Sponsored

 
 








Top