Sponsored

What did you do WITH your Ranger today?

banerjek

Well-Known Member
First Name
Kyle
Joined
Feb 29, 2020
Threads
4
Messages
58
Reaction score
141
Location
Oregon
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Hey! How does your ranger handle that huge camper?
I have one that's not as big and others have told me it'll be too much for my Ranger.
It does well -- I've had it for 4 years and hauled it 10's of thousands of miles including a lot of rough roads. After riding a year on the stock suspension, I installed a set of Timbrens which improved things dramatically. Taking corners at full speed is not a problem. Definitely recommend the Timbrens for those hauling heavy loads.

That particular camper is 1200 lbs -- i.e. a few hundred pounds lighter than a lot of popups -- so by the time I load GF, dog, and gear, I'm at capacity for my supercab. I deliberately did not get crew cab which has a shorter bed and lower payload.

So while midsize trucks aren't generally well suited for campers, there are some combos that are nearly ideal. I go into a lot of tight areas where a full size truck would be too big.
Sponsored

 

P. A. Schilke

Well-Known Member
First Name
Phil
Joined
Apr 3, 2019
Threads
149
Messages
7,084
Reaction score
37,224
Location
GV Arizona
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
1
Hi Folks,

Today the Ranger followed Margie to the Ford Dealer for the appointment to get the Nautilus new fob programed to the the Nautilus. It then took us to our little favorite Sports bar for a Montana Burger and a couple malted beverages. Fob programing was successful, but not the key cutting...AFU. So I am appealing to Benny at @LevittownFordParts.com to find the right key.

So Nautilus is home and dutifully followed Margie home, but Margie, Me and the Nautilus are frustrated with the lack of a useable key for the fob as it was ordered separately fob.

Sigh....

Best,
Phil
 

9zero1790

Well-Known Member
First Name
Mark
Joined
Nov 29, 2021
Threads
50
Messages
7,143
Reaction score
24,329
Location
DFW Texas
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
Drove to work, did whole day what I enjoy and drove back home singing loud all the way. I hope she still starts tomorrow…
kristina, what does the new avatar/ profile image mean? No elephants in the back of truck ?
 

9zero1790

Well-Known Member
First Name
Mark
Joined
Nov 29, 2021
Threads
50
Messages
7,143
Reaction score
24,329
Location
DFW Texas
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
The Ranger is getting a new sets of tires, 295 70R17 Nitto Recon Grapphler at Discount Tires. I just need to go back so they can reset the TPMS on the left rear tires.

20230124_135330.jpg


20230124_143602.jpg


20230124_143610.jpg
looking sharp! how do they ride?
anyone notice when they see pictures of other people at a discount tire location a split second thought of, "hey it looks like they are at my discount" takes places lol.
 

9zero1790

Well-Known Member
First Name
Mark
Joined
Nov 29, 2021
Threads
50
Messages
7,143
Reaction score
24,329
Location
DFW Texas
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
Went exploring a few places out here… did some high speed (110 Km/h) desert running on the way to a few spots including a couple of meteor craters. Got caught in a wild storm at one point, but managed to snap a few pics before hand. Had to fight the washboard surface, some flooding, and some of the stickiest mud I’ve ever seen on the way out…



352B594A-A76B-4C54-8C63-C29F1A53F3DB.jpeg


B75FBF8B-36F0-4FC9-BBAC-9E6253160B18.jpeg


E3FC61C5-E712-413A-9AEB-5216D1254D0A.jpeg


56A2EBCF-305B-4B32-B2A9-765EE19F0819.jpeg


7C6D9777-CB03-46A3-B305-BE3303100388.jpeg


ACDA2F1D-FDA4-440E-9CB4-65EC040424EF.jpeg


4D79EA4D-9F16-498C-93CE-CAEADAD7075F.jpeg


0D2B49DD-02CA-4FEA-811E-BE67EDCC1A21.jpeg
beautiful place!!
 


9zero1790

Well-Known Member
First Name
Mark
Joined
Nov 29, 2021
Threads
50
Messages
7,143
Reaction score
24,329
Location
DFW Texas
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
Yesterday I went with a work buddy and explored the J. W. Corbett WMA in Loxahatchee, FL. It took about an hour to get there, we drove around for about 3 hrs and had lunch, and then it was an hour back. Not a bad way to spend the morning. When I got back to the house, I pressure washed the truck and tidied up the inside. I have to say, having floor liner style floor mats is the best! I pulled them out of the truck, dumped them out, and hosed them off, and there was very little sand and dirt in the truck after that to be vacuumed out.
202302040021.jpg

2023-02-04 09.39.52.jpg

2023-02-04 09.42.09.jpg

2023-02-04 10.19.51.jpg

2023-02-04 09.40.57.jpg

2023-02-04 09.54.19.jpg

2023-02-04 11.26.03.jpg

2023-02-04 11.27.21-1.jpg

2023-02-04 14.38.10.jpg

2023-02-04 14.39.55.jpg
hey the new feet are on! i think thats the first ive seen them. they look good. How you feeling john? Rona free household now I hope.
 

Equitasforall

Well-Known Member
First Name
Jeff
Joined
Jan 20, 2023
Threads
3
Messages
48
Reaction score
219
Location
Currently assigned overseas until 2025
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger WildTrak
Occupation
I could tell you, but then I’d have to….
beautiful place!!
Thanks! Really fantastic so far but only been here a few months. The people are fantastic, the countryside gorgeous, and the Ranger has been a terrific addition so far! Miss my Bronco, but this has been a great substitute!
 

BladeRanger

Well-Known Member
First Name
Bladimir
Joined
May 16, 2020
Threads
4
Messages
907
Reaction score
2,262
Location
Escondido Ca
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
1
looking sharp! how do they ride?
anyone notice when they see pictures of other people at a discount tire location a split second thought of, "hey it looks like they are at my discount" takes places lol.
They ride is awesome on and off road, much better the G2 Graphler. The Recon Graphler is the replacement design for G2 since it is discontinued.
 

DukeCanBuildit

Well-Known Member
First Name
Duke
Joined
Jul 27, 2020
Threads
66
Messages
8,802
Reaction score
42,033
Location
Here
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Hi Folks,

Today the Ranger followed Margie to the Ford Dealer for the appointment to get the Nautilus new fob programed to the the Nautilus. It then took us to our little favorite Sports bar for a Montana Burger and a couple malted beverages. Fob programing was successful, but not the key cutting...AFU. So I am appealing to Benny at @LevittownFordParts.com to find the right key.

So Nautilus is home and dutifully followed Margie home, but Margie, Me and the Nautilus are frustrated with the lack of a useable key for the fob as it was ordered separately fob.

Sigh....

Best,
Phil
Frustrating for sure Phil. At least you got some time in for a burger and a beer. ? ?
 

OrangeStreak

Well-Known Member
First Name
Paul
Joined
Aug 18, 2020
Threads
32
Messages
3,195
Reaction score
13,984
Location
New Mexico
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
Drove to work, did whole day what I enjoy and drove back home singing loud all the way. I hope she still starts tomorrow…
 

Glocker

Well-Known Member
First Name
John
Joined
Feb 11, 2020
Threads
99
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
8,506
Location
Boca Raton
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
1
hey the new feet are on! i think thats the first ive seen them. they look good. How you feeling john? Rona free household now I hope.
Rona free and feeling great! Thank you for asking. This week is my first back in the office since Jan 12th. It felt good getting out of the house.

I'm LOVING the wheels. They round out the truck nicely!
 
 








Top